New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2000 monte carlo fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Default 2000 monte carlo fog lights

i am trying to install factory fog lights on my 00 Monte Carlo LS. it originally did not come with fog lights. Therefore, there are no wires in the area where the lights are mounted. i went to a junkyard and looked at an SS MODEL which comes with fog lights. and the wiring is present which connects to the main light harness.
the wires are purple and black. purple being hot and black ground. i looked at the schematic and couldn't figure it out because on the relay it runs to the pcm the fog light fuse to the switch. i could not find the wire to the pcm. as well as the purple wire coming from the switch which goes to the relay/fuse assembly.

i need help. anyone.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:22 PM

On my LS i just bought after market fog lights and going to install those instead. Add some pics of your ride! We like to see what you're cruising in!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:36 AM

just hard wire them in, im going to do the same thing however im not at that point right now. Just finished working on the hubs and finally the abs lights are off. Buy the hard wire for the fog lights at any part store and wire them on.....keep me posted...you can always look on youtube for a video on this subjuct