New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hooked on Monte

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Default Hooked on Monte

Hello everyone. My name is David and i am new here but plan on being here for a long time. I am a CNC machine Technician for Borg Warner Turbos in Asheville NC. I am 52 yrs old and currently own a 2003 LS that i have had for about 2 yrs now and really like it. I am Chevy to the bone and to me there is nothing else. When i was looking for a car a couple years ago as my daily driver i saw my current Monte on craigslist so as i always do stsarted doing my homework and research on the Monte Carlo and feel as though now i am quite knowlegable about them and have learned a whole lot. What turned me on to them is when i was researching them and looked at Edmunds under consumer reviews and ratings, out of all the cars i researched i could not find hardly anyone that had anything negative to say about the Monte Carlo and everyone had nothing but praise and excelent reviews on them so i went with it and have to say i am completely sold on the Monte Carlo and so is my Girlfriend. What a great car. I love the interior design and feel, the body style and just everything about one and really believe it is one of Chevrolets best offerings they have ever come up with. Now i am going to pass this one on to my girlfriends son and will be getting my next Monte this friday and was wondering what you guys thought about the deal i have excepted. It is the 2004 Dale Earnhardt Jr signature edition. This car is a one owner, non smoker. She has ALL the service records form time of purchase till now. She is having all the recall work done on it this week to include the ignition switch and the valve cover gasket. This car only has 120,000 origonal miles which is very low for the year. She has the C.O.A for it. Not sure of the production number yet she has to find it in the files but has it and i will get it when i pick the car up this Friday. This car is in absolute excelent condition. The wheels look as if they were just put on the car. No dents and things, the paint shines like a new penny and the interior is in outstanding condition. The floor mats were pulled when purchased and put up and have never had feet on them so they are litteraly like new. This couple was very **** about this car and the kids or anyone elase was never allowed to eat or drink in it. There has never so much as had anything ever spilled in the car because it wasnt allowed. The kids were not allowed to play around it or ride bikes around it or anything like that so it really has been babied. It was driven and enjoyed but taken well care of and all maintenance was done at the proper intervals and everything documented and i will have all the records. It also has a new set of tires put on a month ago. The only issue at all is on the rear bumper below the tail lights on both sides the clearcoat has peeled just a little bit, No damage or anything and the paint is good just the clearcoar peeled a little. It is going to cost me about 350 to get that redone and the car will then be as good as any there is i think on the road. I am getting the car for 5900.00 and i feel as though i am getting a great deal but would love to know what you guys think. Before this one i had never seen one in person till now but think what a beautuful car it really is. Thanks for any input i get or any suggestions. Also tomorrow we are going to be buying my girlfriend a 2003 sliver SS which is in great shape, excelent condition with 146000 miles and we are getting it for 2700.. I will post pic this weekend when we get them and my girlfriend will be joining the forum here then and there will be 2 new members. We are both sold on the Monte Carlo and olan on driving one for a long time. Thanks guys and we will post pics soon.

Last edited by Chevyzilla; 02-16-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi David and welcome to the family.
That Dale Jr. sounds like an awesome find. Great that the GF loves them too.
I also am a multi gen. 6 owner.
Looking forward to pictures.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Welcome! Being a CNC technician, you (presumably) should have the mechanical aptitude to deal with anything that these cars can throw at you. Are the cars you're looking at supercharged or NA?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Welcome! Being a CNC technician, you (presumably) should have the mechanical aptitude to deal with anything that these cars can throw at you. Are the cars you're looking at supercharged or NA?
The Dale jr car is Supercharged. The girlfriends if we get it today is 3.8 SS not supercharged.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:30 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Very nice. Any plans for improvements going forward or do you plan on enjoying them as they are for the time being?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Very nice. Any plans for improvements going forward or do you plan on enjoying them as they are for the time being?
Oh yeah we plan on doing guite a bit. I plan on turning hers into a silver edition Dale jr replica and some changes with mine as well. I am old school and love the look of the right chrome wheels and white letter tires. I will be posting pics soon this weekend.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum ..

Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Default Pics added

Added some pics of the my car in album. Ill post more this weekend.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome aboard!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:21 AM

Hi David, I've had my 2003 LS since '08 and also think it is the best! Welcome aboard! I'm soon putting mooneyes wheel covers on mine for a real old school look, did the drilling tapping, now have to sandblast and paint, then mount! I'm 54 yrs old, and this car makes me feel like a kid!