New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

'02 Dale Earnhart Sr. Stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Default '02 Dale Earnhart Sr. Stock

Hello all. Great forum!

I am an 1st time owner of a Monte Carlo, although one of my favorite vehicles ever owned was a 2000 Gran Prix GTP!!! They feel pretty close...minus the Supercharger of course haha

I recently purchased and am now the 3rd owner of a 2002 SS Dale Earnhart Edition. I am thinking about selling it already....(buying a Harley and need the help with the down payment).

The car is in very Good condition, but I am on this forum to ask about obtaining a few of the original parts I need to restore. Also if the selling price will reflect the restoration or maybe it is not worth the work before the sale.

98% original w/ these exceptions:
Rear deck speaker covers are broken
I have the working factory head unit, but not installed. No original speakers, but still have the amp installed. (Installed now is a Kenwood DVD/Garmin with Memphis Audio speakers all the way around and 2 12" Memphis subs in custom box in the trunk, all powered by 2 CT Sounds competition amps.)

Electric motor for passenger seat adjust does not work

There is a Blue neon light bar installed above both front footwells that will be easily removed...no hole drilled for the switch

I have had some touchup work done on the paint but from up close you can still see that it has some wear on the original paint...mainly the hood and trunk. I already replaced all of the striping and the decals are airbrushed on the sides.

Other than that some of the rubber around the doors is about all it needs. It will collect water in the doors after a rain, but drains out by itself slowly.

Original miles today are at approx. 56000, but this is my daily driver, however I live only a mile from work.

I also have most of the paperwork to go with it including:
Window sticker
signed certificate
paper plates
Manuals
dealer brochures about the car
and more

Looking forward to future discussions

Kyle
ksthouston

Last edited by ksthouston; 11-19-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum.

Your door filling with water is just a plugged drain plug along the bottom of the door by the rubber trim.

Grab a set of new rear deck speaker covers from a local scrap yard would be my suggestion as there is nothing special that I know of with the earnhardt edition for the speaker covers.

electric motor for passenger seat is another thing I would buy at a junk yard, they will be fairly cheap, but first check the wiring under the seat as it could have just come unplugged. If you want to remove the seat I believe all you need is a T45 to remove the two back screws and then tilt the seat forward and slide the front grooves out of the receptacles, then remove the wires from underneath, make sure you unplug the air bag for the seat if it has one.

As far as the stereo goes, some people like factory and some people don't. Me personally I changed mine out as soon as I could, but my wife is perfectly happy with her factory unit even though I've offered to get her a nice one on numerous occasions. The subs is where a lot of people may shy away as they don't like the loud thump they hear from kids cars driving by their house late at night lol, but from personal experience a good set of subs really makes the music sound amazing inside the car so all I would do, if you don't plan on removing them, is turn the bass down a bit when they look at the car and put the stock radio in the trunk and just tell them it comes with the car in case they want to change it back.

Best of luck if you do decide to sell, I've owned 2 harleys and know the feeling of wanting to have one really, really badly lol

Old 01-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ohara
Welcome to the forum.

Your door filling with water is just a plugged drain plug along the bottom of the door by the rubber trim.

Grab a set of new rear deck speaker covers from a local scrap yard would be my suggestion as there is nothing special that I know of with the earnhardt edition for the speaker covers.

electric motor for passenger seat is another thing I would buy at a junk yard, they will be fairly cheap, but first check the wiring under the seat as it could have just come unplugged. If you want to remove the seat I believe all you need is a T45 to remove the two back screws and then tilt the seat forward and slide the front grooves out of the receptacles, then remove the wires from underneath, make sure you unplug the air bag for the seat if it has one.

As far as the stereo goes, some people like factory and some people don't. Me personally I changed mine out as soon as I could, but my wife is perfectly happy with her factory unit even though I've offered to get her a nice one on numerous occasions. The subs is where a lot of people may shy away as they don't like the loud thump they hear from kids cars driving by their house late at night lol, but from personal experience a good set of subs really makes the music sound amazing inside the car so all I would do, if you don't plan on removing them, is turn the bass down a bit when they look at the car and put the stock radio in the trunk and just tell them it comes with the car in case they want to change it back.

Best of luck if you do decide to sell, I've owned 2 harleys and know the feeling of wanting to have one really, really badly lol

Thank you for the advice.
I have cleared the drain plugs in the doors, replaced the seat motor, am still looking for the speaker covers, but haven't tried too hard yet.
Your help is much appreciated.
Now that the holidays are done, I am ready to list it for sale. Any recommends on places that would appreciate the limited Edition nature of the vehicle? Any ideas on an asking price? I really have no experience with this kind of car but feel sure it is worth more than a regular 2002 SS.
I am not in a huge hurry, so I am thinking about putting it up somewhere for a high price and see what offers I might get. I am beginning to search now for comparable cars for pricing

Old 01-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I believe even the 2000 - 2005 Impala speaker covers are the same as our Monte's. So don't over look any Impala's at the junk yard.

I would not look at getting a fortune for your Monte, they just are not that collectible. The older ones are where the money is at...

Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a nice car, good luck with wich ever way you go, but be careful. If you get to looking around this site at some of the really nice Monte's here you might get hooked. I am!

Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site Kyle