New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

02 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition

Old 01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: 02 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I really don't see any of the current crop of cars becoming all that collectible. All the rage now seems to be the older 60's muscle cars with the rocking V8's in them. I just can't believe that 6 cyl cars are going to ever muster that kind of mystic. That being said, I have a neighbour that has a Jeff Gordon Edition, not sure what year it is 01 or 02 I think, and he drove it from the dealer to his storage and thats it. He firmly believes it will become collectible some day. If any of the V6 models become collectible, surely it will be the Special Edition models, and probably most likely, the 1st edition Dale Earnhardt Sr.model

Boy did we help you or confuse you even more. All in all, if you can affordto put it away for 15 years,your's would seem to me to have the best shot.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I really don't see any of the current crop of cars becoming all that collectible. All the rage now seems to be the older 60's muscle cars with the rocking V8's in them. I just can't believe that 6 cyl cars are going to ever muster that kind of mystic. That being said, I have a neighbour that has a Jeff Gordon Edition, not sure what year it is 01 or 02 I think, and he drove it from the dealer to his storage and thats it. He firmly believes it will become collectible some day. If any of the V6 models become collectible, surely it will be the Special Edition models, and probably most likely, the 1st edition Dale Earnhardt Sr. model

Boy did we help you or confuse you even more. All in all, if you can afford to put it away for 15 years, your's would seem to me to have the best shot.
Not to too my own horn (toot, toot,), Some of us here feel that if any V-6 will be valuable, it would be the 3.9, 242hp, VVT engines in our LTZ's. Produced only one year. These engines put out more torque across the entire rpm range then many of their earlier SuperCharged predecessors.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Not more torque overall, just across the rpm range

Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mickey

Makes me wonder how many of them were of each model. I.E. SS. NASCAR. LT. etc...
production totals:

00' - 68,072
01' - 71,268
02' - 70,781
03' - 71,129
04' - 64,771
05' - 37,143
06' - N/A

i think that mine had the least amount made, the tony stewart monte had only 1020 of them made. i'm not sure about the other years, but maybe people with the other ones can let us know how many of theirs were made

Old 01-13-2007, 09:18 PM

the gordon version was the 03. the big "E" version was 02 in 04 think it was the stweart version.
then the 05 was liltle "e" version

nto positive on any of them but the gordon and Big E versions becuase i almost bought the gordon edition jsut due to theflames didnt care about his name

so if any oen else knows them it would be great to correct me PLEASE!!

but i agree it wil eb the special editions if any that will be worth something.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Thanks everyone...this is all real good stuff....
No.... Solara Slayer, its not confusing. Its actually quite fun and interesting to see all of the opinions. Its exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to make the final decision eventually. Just nice to have a brainstorming session about it.
I too am a huge fan of the v8 rear dirve cars, and (see my age) I was fortunate enough to have owned several "muscle cars" when they were new back in the late 60's early 70's. so my heart certainly lies there. Also, I was a huge Nascar supporter from 1978 through 2001. The high commercialization has driven me away somewhat. (still had to have this car though. My son calls it "The final Souvenier") I still remember Jimmy Means bringing in the Alka Seltzer Lumina on the back of a tow truck to the races. I love driving the car to the tracks. that in itself is an adventure. But, realistically I have to look at the facts as they are presented, as I look ahead toward retirement. Thats where my questions were coming from. You guys have presented me with some interesting senario's though and I appreciate every one of them. .. If I like the car, just drive it and keep it. I guess I can do that. Do I gamble that I will break even before I cross the checkered flag? Now I have to consider that it took some 30 years for muscle to attain the high values they fetch today. I'll be 82. (definitely need an auto trans and maybe that new automatic paralell parking feature) Maybe leave it to my son? I used to call the 73 (?) GTO a sticker car. (it had stickers instead of metal nameplates on it). Wonder if the edition cars will grab the same fate?
FYI... 3,333 was the number produced of 02' Earnhardt edition cars.
Thanks again

Old 01-14-2007, 06:05 AM

the other thing that will help its values is going to be a low number made of the run of cars.
as they grow older they will gain some offer the others I'm sure.

30 years to gain the price they are now? yeahi hear this but if you look REAL HARD you can still find them that are in good shape and need to be saved. and they are reasonable.
others are junk and they want a small bank loan for them of 40.k LOL

Old 01-14-2007, 08:59 AM

If you are trying to keep money on it, I would dump it now.

1. Can you think of any "special edition" cars that are worth that much more because of simple badging or a name.
2. It really isn't a performance machine and performance it what keeps those cars valuable.
3. It's a FWD car. I can't think of a single instance where one is highly valued.

I don't want to be heartless here, but people do forget the name and the value after a bit. I would predict the car maybe worth $1000 more than whatever the depreciated value is down the road. The only thing special about these cars really was the badging, door sills, floormats, instrument panal headrests, and dash plate. You can literally get most of that on Ebay for a low cost.

Obviously I'm the owner of an 04 Intimidator and I don't hold any stock in it keeping value. I use it as my daily driver andI plan on doing many more performance upgrades to it. I also never plan on selling it... consider it my gift to myself after my divorce. The only thing I really wish I could do to it is convert it to a reliable RWD and drop the new 7.0 L offering that is going in the Corvette.... then put twin turbos on it.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 AM

Oh yeah, so I cover all my bases on that last post... Examples like the Yenko Camaro fall under the second catagory... the name doesn't sell the car, the performance upgrades that ties it to sell the car.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Its funny, when you talk about performance being the reason the cars become collectible. If that's the major criteria, surely the 06/07 SSMontes and Impalas will become collectible. GM claims that these are the fastest stockmodels ever produced. Definetely not the biggest engines but nevertheless, the quickest.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition