New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

=2003 Nascar Monte = Check it out ? =

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Sorry, I don't know, but maybe a member does ?

How long has your friend owned it ?
What paperwork does he have on his NASCAR Monte ?

Loot 4ward to more details about this unique NASCAR Monte.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Paperwork? That I am not certain. I didn't see any when I last looked at it. If anything, I am sure it just would have some service records. He has owned it for a year or two. It was purchased from the Chevrolet dealership at the time they closed. I am guessing the dealer did all the work. I am guessing it was made to be an attention getting for the dealership. I am just looking for a general estimate as to the value. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:48 PM

I don't have any idea on what it is worth, but check back on your thread & hopefully one of our member's can post a estimate on what they believe it would be worth with the information that you have posted.

"There's a buyer for everything, but this type of modification narrows the buying market. A Dale Sr NASCAR fan maybe one that would consider a purchase, but it only has the base engine & not a S.S with the 3.8L.

I'm sure it does attract attention & your friend may want to consider business advertising to reach perspective buyers ?

It's great that you are trying to help your friend, but it would be great if he was with you to help answer some of the questions the member's may have.

Good Luck 2 your friend on the sale...There maybe a member here that may really like it & will PM you for more contact infor....Check back over the weekend when more member's visit the MCF

Is this NASCAR Monte in the State of Iowa ?

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's pretty neat - it looks like he did a good job!

I'm pretty sure he would have had to do all the decals custom (like I did) - there'd be no kit for that. I like the way he did the skirting out of sheet metal. A high sport kit would have been a lot easier to install, but it helps this car stand out from the pack. Too bad he couldn't get a hold of RWL tires (or yellow)

That 3400 will kill the value a little I believe. I'm pretty sure this isn't really any sort of official collector car or any special editions. Special editions are usually a higher trim and will have the best available motor. The actual appraisable value of the car probably isn't very high - I can't see more than $3000-$5000. But that doesn't mean you can't get a lot more for the car from the right buyer. A die hard Dale Earnhardt fan (and there is a lot of them) will want that car regardless of price. But you'll probably have to be pretty patient to find that buyer.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Default >Hi `Brent>Thanks<

..Hi `Brent (our MCF 2013 Monte of the Year Winner)I just got online & was going to PM you about this thread, , and then I read your above post.

Thank You for sharing your knowledge on owning a unique and special Monte or modified vehicles.

You made some great points on the pro's & con's on Values, plus the market that a seller must seek `out.

I also believe that we may have a member(s) that would really like `it (Especially as you mentioned Dale Sr NASCAR Fans)

Thanks again `Brent for taking your time to share your views & helping a new member help a `friend >

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Default >Below are a few NASCAR Street Monte Carlo's<

Name:  MOTYpic1.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  219.5 KB

Old 11-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the messages. Can anyone else give me a value estimate? It doesn't need to be exact, just a value range. Perhaps I can post this in the main forum.

Thanks

Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

the Peter Max replica car was featured in the Goodwrench racing report in 2000, I believe some one from Texas purchased the Replica car. It was one that was done at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet. I can't remember what the $Dollars were but it was an expensive ride for sure. The new owner had to pick it up at the Dealership. I don't know if he got to meet Dale or not. But it was a cool ride. Give me a Yellow 6th gen Monte and I could recreate this car.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 12-14-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spelling error