NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Xfinity Picks/Charlotte/Fri Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats to Duane on winning at Charlotte!

Cowboy6622 41 36 37 114
JuniorCar 35 41 33 109
SupplySgt 39 15 37 91

I was awake for most of the race, but the Red Wings had their opener last night, so I was listening to it. My Sirius app always manages to be a few minutes behind anyway (as does TuneIn), so I find out about things in the race via Twitter before I hear it over the radio broadcast. Brent, being Canadian, can understand the hockey part. So I listened to the hockey game while I kept my eye on my Twitter feed to keep track of the race.

Anyway, we're off to Kansas next week! Too bad I don't have extra cash. That's the second closest track to me (Texas is less than a 3 hour drive, Kansas about 5 from home)

Old 10-10-2015, 06:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Being Canadian, I notice that a lot of people like hockey. But I could give 2 ***** about it myself. I actually like the sport enough, but I hate the NHL. They make such a joke of hockey pushing stupid politics to the forefront. Plus the season is so saturated - what do they play something like 84 games per season? Times that by the number of teams - well over a 1000 games per season without the playoffs (which is another joke - almost every team is in). This makes sure that each game, individually, is pointless.

I'm all about NASCAR and NFL. Not very Canadian of me, is it?

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I joke that I must have Canadian blood in me. I didn't get into hockey until I was older, because there just wasn't much exposure to the sport growing up in Oklahoma. Had I been born 20 years later, I probably could have at least tried playing as a kid. But at the time, there simply was no opportunity here. I think the Stars moving to Dallas and then winning a Cup had a lot to do with that change and opening up of opportunity for kids to learn the sport this far south.

While I do follow NFL (I'm a Vikings fan and have been for years), it's always played second fiddle to college football. It's no contest. In fact, at this point, I probably follow baseball a touch more closely than I do NFL.