NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Results Daytona "452" : ( + TrackTalk

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:56 AM
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Results Daytona "452" : ( + TrackTalk

Daytona 500 Finishing Order ResultsPosted by admin in News&MCF `SpaceReporter [8D]

Matt Kenseth driving his Roush/Fenway Racing Ford ends up in Victory Lane at the Daytona 500 or lesss. They did not finish in
my opinion [:@][X(]I think they should have waited, but they got their
$ and ran [:@]

1 39 17 Matt Kenseth<~ Congrat`s `Matt
2 32 29 Kevin Harvick
3 20 44 AJ Allmendinger
4 22 33 Clint Bowyer
5 30 19 Elliott Sadler
6 33 6 David Ragan
7 27 55 Michael Waltrip
8 5 14 Tony Stewart
9 34 43 Reed Sorenson
10 13 2 Kurt Busch
11 1 1 Martin Truex Jr
12 28 00 David Reutimann
13 3 24 Jeff Gordon
14 8 42 Juan Pablo Montoya
15 25 07 Casey Mears
16 2 5 Mark Martin
17 23 47 Marcos Ambrose
18 16 99 Carl Edwards
19 37 34 John Andretti
20 35 16 Greg Biffle

21 42 78 Regan Smith
22 12 96 Bobby Labonte
23 40 21 Bill Elliott
24 43 66 Terry Labonte
25 17 36 Scott Riggs
26 10 11 Denny Hamlin
27 14 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr
28 26 31 Jeff Burton
29 15 9 Kasey Kahne
30 11 8 Aric Almirola
31 7 48 Jimmie Johnson
32 29 77 Sam Hornish Jr
33 24 12 David Stremme
34 31 7 Robby Gordon
35 38 82 Scott Speed #
36 36 39 Ryan Newman
37 21 26 Jamie McMurray
38 19 98 Paul Menard
39 6 83 Brian Vickers
40 18 41 Jeremy Mayfield
41 4 18 Kyle Busch
42 41 28 Travis Kvapil
43 9 20 Joey Logano #

# Rookie[/align]

Old 02-16-2009 | 07:05 AM
|
Default RE: Race Results Daytona "383"

Daytona 500 Winner: Matt Kenseth
Posted by admin in News
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. — It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Matt Kenseth, winless a year ago, added the biggest jewel in NASCAR to his trophy collection Sunday, winning a dramatic, rain-shortened Daytona 500 before a capacity crowd of some 200,000 at Daytona International Speedway, plus a Fox national television audience.
Photo: CIA Stock Photo
Daytona 500 Full Results
Kenseth somehow dodged a huge pileup shortly after lap 125 that easily could have sent him to the scrap-pile like it did young sensation Kyle Busch.
Busch, who had led 88 laps to clearly establish himself as the race favorite, was a victim in a 10-car wreck that had cars sliding through the backstretch infield apron and down the end of the backstretch straightaway in a huge cloud of smoke and debris.
The accident was triggered when Brian Vickers moved over to block Dale Earnhardt, Jr. near the end of the backstretch. Earnhardt was forced off the track onto the apron and into the grass. When Earnhardt tried to steer his sliding car back on the track, he clipped the rear end of Vickers’ Toyota, sending Vickers shooting across the track directly in front of the oncoming field of 200-mph stock cars. At that point, it was pure havoc. No one was injured, but the accident sent a number of cars to the junk heap.
[:-]
Members, who do you think was at fault ?
Dale Jr or Brian Vickers

for the crash that wiped `out many cars.
Post your thoughts/opinions

Old 02-16-2009 | 08:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

(Deleted. Discussion already going in another thread)

Old 02-16-2009 | 12:54 PM

It was definatly that moron Jr's fault. He never lifted and just took out a lot of good cars. He really should have been penalized 5 laps just like what happened in the Nationwide race and this one was more obvious then that one. Jr is such a whiner. Vickers was in his right to block Jr for the lucky dog spot and Jr just took him out.

Oh did you se the Camaro pace car now that was a show :-) can't wait until they build mine.

Old 02-16-2009 | 01:31 PM
|

THE BIG STORY

Matt Kenseth got the lead just moments before a yellow that would turn to red that would turn to checkers and won Sunday's Daytona 500 that was ended by rain after 380 miles. Kenseth, who didn't win a Cup race last season, started last in a backup DeWalt Ford Fusion from Roush Fenway Racing. With a scheduled 55 laps to go, he got under leader Elliott Sadler going into turn one. Seconds later, contact between Aric Almirola and Kasey Kahne resulted in a caution. It then started to rain and The Great American Race was stopped with 48 laps to go. Kevin Harvick, who helped push Kenseth to the lead, finished second. A.J. Allmendinger, in the No. 44 Valvoline Dodge Charger, finished third after starting 20th.
Also: Ron Capps (Funny Car), Doug Kalitta (Top Fuel) and Jason Line (Pro Stock) won the NHRA's rain-delayed season opener at Pomona… NASCAR will now use single-file restarts with 20 or fewer laps to go in Cup, Nationwide and Trucks.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Jeff Gordon and Kyle Busch won Thursday's Gatorade 150 qualifying races. Accidents during practice forced Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Kevin Harvick, among others, to start the Daytona 500 in backup cars. Poleman Martin Truex Jr. led the first lap but finished 11th. The first yellow came on lap eight when Aric Almirola spun. There was a competition yellow after 25 laps. Busch led until Dale Earnhardt Jr. got him on lap 53. Three laps later, Travis Kvapil brought out a yellow. Earnhardt missed his pits and had to go around again and restarted 35th. Stewart took the lead. Joey Logano spun and hit the inside turn-four wall hard, but wasn't hurt. Gordon, who had led, pitted under green due to a tire issue and lost a lap. He quickly made that up when David Stremme's car left debris. Earnhardt pitted with his right-front tire on the outside pit box line and was penalized a lap. Soon thereafter, he had contact with Brian Vickers on the backstretch. Earnhardt tried to go under Vickers, was blocked, and came back up and had contact with the Toyota. A nine-car accident followed, which took out dominant Kyle Busch - who led 88 laps - and damaged contenders Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Jamie McMurray plus Jimmie Johnson. Elliott Sadler, who had just pitted, was the leader on the restart. Jeff Burton and Regan Smith banged together and that caught up Paul Menard for another yellow. The restart set up Matt Kenseth's winning move. He averaged 132.816 mph with eight cautions for 35 laps. Clint Bowyer was fourth with Sadler fifth. Noteables: Stewart, eighth; Gordon, 13th; Earnhardt, 28th; Johnson, 31st. Drew Blickensderfer won in his debut as Kenseth's new crew chief.

NASCAR Nationwide Series

Tony Stewart won the Daytona series opener for the fourth time in five years in Saturday's Camping World 300. Driving a Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet, Stewart fended-off last-lap passing attempts by Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch to win by .068 second. Busch tried to nudge Stewart at the end of the backstretch on the last lap. Edwards, Clint Bowyer and Busch finished behind Stewart. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was seventh. Stewart averaged 138.479 mph and there were six yellows for 23 of the 120 laps. Jason Leffler got a five-lap penalty from officials for rough driving after a four-car wreck.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

Todd Bodine won Friday night's NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona for the second consecutive season. His unsponsored Toyota Tundra held off Kyle Busch, who bumped him on the last lap, and got to the finish line .249 second ahead. Terry Cook was third in another Toyota. Bodine averaged 122.766 mph with six yellows for 30 laps over 100 laps. Defending series champion Johnny Benson was eliminated in a nine-truck accident at about the halfway point. Ricky Carmichael, making his series debut, also was caught in that wreck.

Valvoline Winners Last Weekend

Matt Kenseth, NASCAR Sprint Cup series, Daytona 500. Ron Capps, NHRA Full Throttle Series, Pomona.

Racer of the Week

Jack Roush. First Daytona 500 win as a team owner.

Yes, He REALLY Said That

Dale Earnhardt Jr., on the toughest part of being Dale Jr.: "Answering a lot of questions. I got to answer so many damn questions. I never wanted to be asked so many questions. I just wanted to drive but that's not all there is to it."

This Weekend

NASCAR moves on to California Speedway for Truck, Nationwide and Cup races. NHRA powers into Firebird Raceway, near Phoenix.

Old 02-16-2009 | 01:45 PM
|

[align=center][/align][align=center]"Win at any cost"[/align][align=center]I`m sorry that I am trying to be the man/driver[/align][align=center]that my father was [X(][/align][align=center]I am under so much pressure to `Win, but[/align][align=center]I have sinned. Please forgive me, for I am only[/align][align=center]human. A rich one, but you would have to be[/align][align=center]behind the wheel to understand.[/align][align=center]I would not purposely/intentionally wreck[/align][align=center]a fellow driver.[/align][align=center]I promise to do better. I am sorry about the other drivers cars, and glad that no one was injuried,[/align][align=center]for my driver`s error during the heat of the moment. I really was just trying to stay on the track. It happened so fast, I just reacted.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sincerely,[/align][align=center]Dale `Jr[/align][align=center]- Thanks Kid for posting my thoughts -
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/BBB9C96C6B9344A49C9D2F2E9EE4C6F5.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-16-2009 | 03:39 PM
|

Nascar

Earnhardt Has Disastrous Daytona[/align]

posted: Feb 16th 2009 4:20 PM[/align][/align][/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 16) Dale Earnhardt Jr. climbed out of his race car, started walking toward his pit and was accosted by Jeff Burton.[/align]

NASCAR Fights and Feuds[/align]
[/align][/align]
Getty Images (2)[/align]13 photos
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]Race: Daytona 500
Feud: Dale Earnhardt Jr's clip of Brian Vickers triggers a 9-car accident
Memorable Quote: Earnhardt: "What the hell am I supposed to do? ... If he wasn't so damn reckless, we would have never had that problem." Click through to see more NASCAR feuds.
[/align][/align](Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)[/align][/align]
Did You See That? [/align][/align]

[hr]

More Coverage: Daytona 500 Results | Kenseth Wins | Junior Triggers Crash

[hr]

[/align][/align]Earnhardt was lucky a few more drivers weren't waiting for him [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@].[/align]NASCAR's most famous driver wrecked a good chunk of the field on a restart late in the Daytona 500 on Sunday, the low point in a race filled with mistakes by the Hendrick Motorsports star. Believe it or not, Earnhardt looked more like a rookie than one of the sport's best restrictor-plate racers.[/align]He finished 27th in the rain-shortened season-opener, struggling in the pits, taking out several contenders and leaving some so fuming mad that he might have needed his firesuit just to get through the garage.[/align]Burton was the first to grab his ear, but Kyle Busch and Brian Vickers were way more vocal.[/align]Earnhardt brushed the complaints aside, saying he was merely doing what he needed to do to get back on the lead lap and back in contention.[/align]"We were good. I just had some bad luck," Earnhardt said. "Every time I would get to the front, there was something that took me to the back, whether it was something I would do or something else. But I had a great car. I could run up in the top five all night."[/align]Maybe so, but problems overshadowed prowess.[/align]His issues started early, when Earnhardt missed his pit stall during a caution nearly 60 laps in. He had to drive the entire length of pit road, then circle the 2 1/2-mile tri-oval before getting the car back to his crew.[/align]For More Click below[/align]http://www.fanhouse.com/news/nascar/...967x1201243371[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 02-17-2009 | 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I believe DW and the rest of the announcers were correct if dale jr does something wrong he admits it and he spoke the truth at the end of the race, He said why would I cause somthing on purpose when I am a lap down, he was racing hard and racing is racing, the guy in front could of not blocked him and said hey he isn't gonna hurt me in front, I could draft him and save gas. just my opinion when jr is wrong he will say he did wrong. I am not gonna argue about this event

It was unfortunate and I wish the race didn't end because of the rain.

Let's look foward to the next races of the season

Old 02-17-2009 | 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i take it your a junior fan?? only a jr fan would say it like that..if junior would have just backed off he would have saved a LOT of good cars

Old 02-17-2009 | 11:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I am a gordon fan first and now more a jr fan,

but there were two sides to the incident, I watched the race and listened to the announcers and everything that was going on.

He could have been let to be in front and he wouldn't have hurt anybody, racers get into bumpers all the time.

I do hear the other side it was his fault, I am not saying it was right or wrong, just unfortunate,

Hopefully it will be a great season this year for all drivers and a safe one

Quick Reply: Results Daytona "452" : ( + TrackTalk