NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Predictions for Homestead

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Default Predictions for Homestead

My Predictions for Homestead
1.Kenseth
2.Johnson
3.Stewart
4.Harvick
5.Dale Jr.

My Predictions for Championship
1.Johnson
2.Kenseth
3.Harvick
4.Dale Jr.
5.Gordon

i know i know.....im a dale jr. fan but im trying to be realistic.

anyone have any predictions for the championship?

looks like Johnson has it wrapped up unless he screws up.......

Old 11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Default RE: Predictions for Homestead

Homestead
1. Gordon
2. Stewart
3. Kenseth
4. Johnson
5. Petty. (J/K that's how many times he'll be lapped.) Really Kahne

Chase.
1. Johnson
2. Kenseth
3. Harvick
4. Hamlin
5. Jr.

I have a remote possibility that Johnson and Kenseth will crash out early from a bump from Harvick or someone to make a controvertial ending where Harvick takes both Nextel and Bush cups.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:07 AM

My Predictions for Homestead

1. Edwards
2. Hamlin
3. Dale Jr
4. Johnson
5. Gordon

My Predictions for Championship

1. Johnson
2. Hamlin
3 Kenseth
4. Dale Jr
5. Harvick

And the Winner is ?
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/323F1FFCECA04ECC84FA7338E3A7A52E.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

HOMESTEAD

1.GORDON
2.JOHNSON
3.STEWART
4.HAMLIN
5.BURTON
43. JR (hopefully...lmao!!)

POINTS CHAMPIONS

1.JOHNSON
2.KENSETH
3.HAMLIN
4.HARVIC
5.GORDON
6.JR

Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Homestead
1. Gordon
2. Stewart
3. Kenseth
4. Johnson

Chase.
1. Johnson
2. Kenseth
3. Harvick
4. Hamlin
5. Jr.

I have a remote possibility that Johnson and Kenseth will crash out early from a bump from Harvick or someone to make a controvertial ending where Harvick takes both Nextel and Bush cups.
has petty finished within 5 laps of the leader yet this year??? lmao!!! jk..i know he's been on the lead lap a few times...but come on..if your that bad why are you still driving!!!

Old 11-15-2006, 03:18 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

Homestead
1. Gordon
2. Stewart
3. Kenseth
4. Johnson

Chase.
1. Johnson
2. Kenseth
3. Harvick
4. Hamlin
5. Jr.

has petty finished within 5 laps of the leader yet this year??? lmao!!! jk..i know he's been on the lead lap a few times...but come on..if your that bad why are you still driving!!!

Actually, Petty has 2 top 10's this year! Dont believe me? You can look it up. An average finish of 27.4 too! Haha.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:58 AM

We really shouldn't need to defend these drivers, but realistically Petty is still one of the best in the nation. I hate when I hear someone say a professional sucks cause if you're so good why aren't you there. Lets face it, he hasn't missed a pole this year, he does have 2 top 10 finishes, and he's ranked 32 on the list of best drivers beating out Sterling Marlin and Michael Waltrip. Sure that's not fantastic and he definately won't be one of the best drivers on the circuit, but it still says alot.

As for why he keeps going? Like you wouldn't. Hmm.. I have a choice of working in an office, factory, whatever or drive at 200 MPH for a living. Wouldn't be too tough of a decision for me.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 AM

NASCAR Racing 11-14-06

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/AEF492635DDD4BB1AAA4AB081BEFD83D.jpg[/IMG]
Column: It’s all but over
by Monte Dutton
Gazette Sports Writer

The Chase for the Nextel Cup isn’t over, entering its final race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, but it’s on life support.

Jimmie Johnson hasn’t yet been christened as the 28th champion of NASCAR’s premier series, but surely, at long last, he’s destined to win the title that has thus far painfully eluded him. He deserves it, by any measure, and only a far-fetched, cruel attack of wretched luck could deprive him.

There is justice in the scenario, even if his recent performances have undermined what NASCAR officials obviously aspired to when they devised the Chase format. At least for now, the system doesn’t even matter. In the Chase, Johnson has outscored Matt Kenseth, his closest pursuer, in points by a 1,287-1,219 margin.

At the end of the 26-race regular season, Johnson trailed Kenseth by 57 points. Then, of course, the points were reconfigured, trimming Kenseth’s edge to five and bringing eight other drivers into the race.

Now, though, even had the old, pre-2004, system been maintained, Johnson would enter the final race as the leader. Oddly, there would be more of a race under the old system. Johnson now leads Kenseth by 63 points. Under the old format, the margin would be 11.

That’s irrelevant — interesting, but irrelevant — but the salient point is that Johnson deserves to be ahead by any measure.

That 63-point edge makes Johnson the overwhelming favorite to nail down the title, but there are four other drivers — Kenseth, Phoenix winner Kevin Harvick, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and rookie Denny Hamlin — who remain mathematically alive.

Johnson can afford to finish 12th and lead not a single lap, yet still win the championship even if Kenseth wins the Ford 400 and leads the most laps. In the past five races, a period over which Johnson’s average finish has been 1.8, Kenseth’s average has been 10.8. In those five races, Johnson has led 373 laps; Kenseth, three.

Kenseth, given his recent performances, is as much a long shot as the three other drivers clinging to mathematical life. Johnson, who started 29th in Sunday’s Checker Auto Parts 500, expertly drove up through the field to finish second to Harvick. That’s the biggest obstacle he is likely to have to surmount. There were no crashes for Johnson to avoid in the first 225 laps, and by that time, he’d already led and was running fourth.

Similarly, past records don’t offer much hope for the four other marginal contenders. Johnson has a solid Homestead record. In the past four races, his average finish on the 1.5-mile oval is 13.25. Only Harvick’s average, 10.0, is better. Earnhardt Jr.’s average is 21.75, Kenseth’s 26.25 and Hamlin placed 33rd in his only previous appearance. Only Johnson, Harvick and Kenseth, who finished third last year, have ever finished in the top five at Homestead. None of the contenders has ever won.

Johnson’s never won a championship, but there’s not the slightest hint that he’s going to beat himself. Stranger things have happened, but it would really be an injustice if Johnson were again deprived of that elusive championship.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:15 PM

We really shouldn't need to defend these drivers, but realistically Petty is still one of the best in the nation. I hate when I hear someone say a professional sucks cause if you're so good why aren't you there. Lets face it, he hasn't missed a pole this year, he does have 2 top 10 finishes, and he's ranked 32 on the list of best drivers beating out Sterling Marlin and Michael Waltrip. Sure that's not fantastic and he definately won't be one of the best drivers on the circuit, but it still says alot.

As for why he keeps going? Like you wouldn't. Hmm.. I have a choice of working in an office, factory, whatever or drive at 200 MPH for a living. Wouldn't be too tough of a decision for me.
Amen, Intimidator! It's fun to poke fun sometimes but the reality is that if Petty was given great equipment, he would be winning races. Also, give credit to Petty Enterprises for how far they have come in the last couple years. Bobby Labonte has been in several situations where he could have gotten a win. My hat is off to Petty Enterprises.

You know if Petty was leading the race with 5 laps left that we all would be pulling for him!!!

By the way, great article SpaceRider!

Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM

i wanna see harvick win it all seeing he is my favorite race car driver... i hope kenseth and johnsons cars both blow up lol

Quick Reply: Predictions for Homestead