NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Richmond Sat. Night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's going to be an interesting race for sure... can't wait to see how it turns out.

IF anyone is wondering about my new signature... the black and gold Torino was owned by Smokey Yunick... he's most famous for building Chevrolet's, but even he loved the Torino enough to run a car for Joe Leonard. I made a thread about him, and his garage burned down. You can back out and check out the thread I made in this NASCAR Racing section about him.

IF anyone is interested, the Fantasy Showdown video...

http://www.nascar.com/video/preview/...own/index.html

I'm going to disagree with Denny Hamlin.. he was okay at Martinsville, and he's glad to be at Richmond, but the confidence and chemistry isn't there. I might get to eat these words, but I'm not betting on it.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 04-27-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hamlin has won 2 of the last 3 Richmond races. If he's going to turn it around at all this year, this has gotta be it.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 AM

5 Year Member

And if Denny doesn't win Saturday night, or at least come pretty darned close to it, it's time to hit the panic button.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
And if Denny doesn't win Saturday night, or at least come pretty darned close to it, it's time to hit the panic button.
Hi `Duane, really like your new `sig...Here's a panic button to `Hit 4 U & Race Fans

I still have no idea who to guess for this Race, but I will
post my picks b-4 the Race...Wish everyone a Great Saturday eve to Watch this Super Contest...

Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM

15 Year Member

I reading that Hammy and Logano will likely be swapping crew chiefs or possibly entire teams (like the Gordon, Martin & Junior swap). That worked out pretty good for Hendrick I'd say, and his team wasn't in the slump that those JGR guys are in. Pyle's doing okay I guess - and he's smartened up his mouth!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:52 AM

5 Year Member

I do think that if Hamlin doesn't show some promise by Pocono, another track that he has dominated in the past, then its time to fix things. Maybe a team swap around is order. Heck, that could become the norm for teams that aren't succeeding in the future, another move Hendrick pioneered!!

Trevor Bayne wasn't scheduled to race this week, but he is now in the hospital due to lingeering effects of the insect bite. That's a little scary for me, as a seed tick bit me on the left side Sunday. No effects yet, but if I disappear, you may know why. Wish Trevor Bayne well....

Plus, Smokey Yunick's shop burned down.... all my heroes are going down the crapper this week.

Now we just have to wait for practice and qualifying numbers. Looking forward to Richmond.....

I'm also going to miss the first part of this race as well... cruise in at a fire department in the small community of Berea.... taking the Torino out. Maybe a good showing for my Torino will bring a good run for hte Ford's kind of like at Texas... but I'm not counting on it since this isn't a good Ford track... but one can hope...

Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM

15 Year Member

My pick for last was the one car on the entry list that didn't even make the race - I think that is a good sign!
Joe Nemechek apparently has a sponsor this week, but he hasn't shown any interest in actually racing in Sprint Cup this year, so I'll pick him for last instead.

That Nationwide race was boring to tears! 2 cautions - one only because Stenhouse stopped on the track out of gas. I really hope for better tommorrow night!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heres my picks
1)Kevin Harvick
2)Jeff Gordon
3)Tony Stewart

Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

I'll throw my picks up tomorrow sometime!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 PM

5 Year Member

Have I just turned everyone off to Denny Hamlin? Of course, Martinsville was practically Dennyville for awhile and not many jumped on his bandwagon there either.... he won his own charity race, then won the Nationwide race.... hard to say how he is going to do in teh race. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, especially since it's time to go or possibly not make the chase for these guys. I'm standing by my picks.... just figured SOMEONE would pick Denny to turn it around!

And is Richmond turning into a snoozefest with the new cars???? The race tongiht, 2 cautions... last fall, 3 cautions in 400 laps TO SET TEH CHASE..... hmmm.... that's good for selling tickets!!! They used to say at Bristol (back when Bristol was good) that a calm Busch race meant a wild Cup race... and vice versa. It seems that teh Cup guys watch the Busch guys... if htey're calm, the cup guys don't learn to calm down.... the Nationwide guys are wild, then the Cup guys realize they better keep calm. Maybe this will mean a wild showdown at Richmond.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 04-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Picks for Richmond Sat. Night!!!