NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Since Kyle Busch has made headlines 3 weeks in a row, how will he do so in Michigan?
On track incident with rival (AKA the other 42 guys)
33.33%
Off track incident with rival (AKA the rest of the driver, their owners, pit crew, etc.)
0%
Get punched by a fan (someone bail their fellow MCF member out of the pokey)
33.33%
Drunk in Public
0%
Caught cheating on his wife
33.33%
Switching Teams
0%
New crew chief
0%
Other: Please post
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Michigan/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't even think to put "illegal parts again" as an option... figured surely to goodness they wouldn't make their cars illegal twice in a row. Gee whiz. I guess they're trying to get ahead from where their engines were screwed up.

I am reminded again of Hamlin's words last year in Dover when Harvick ended up trying to wreck him in practice.... when Hamlin said that the Childress organization choose to push tolerances while his did not?

Em hmm.....

I knew one day that shoe would flip.

Here is what Hamlin said... ought to watch him stumble all over himself!

http://www.nascar.com/video/preview/...ans/index.html

Now he is saying ALL TEAMS do these things....

Yeah.......

I hope this guy never wins a championship now.

And Brent makes a good note... if you choose a JGR car, you risk a points penalty....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 06-17-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dale Jr. is good on gas mileage, winning here by driving down on the shoulder and coasting, and so is his team mate Mark Martin. Mark has won here 5x. But Roush does REAL well here. Carl, Matt, and Greg have each won here 2x.

But I got to go with Harvick on a turn 4 pass for the win. He's so good at that.

1. Harvick
2. Dale Jr.
3. Edwards

Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am very confused. I keep looking at the final practice speeds chart (at Jayski)... and David Stremme is the fastest?!? JJ Yeley second fastest?!? Krapil 3rd fastest?!? Someone switch something around or something? Am I reading this backwards or something?

3 Hendricks guys were next (Jimmie, Jr, Mark) - that makes sense

Old 06-18-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I am very confused.

LOL, so am I `Brent....It's very smokey in here in this thread Whose been smok'in funny `stuff LOL
We need to learn 2 share LOL, then maybe I could guess better : )
I have not been keeping `up with NASCAR, but I will search later & make my picks. I picked the winner last week & came in last

I hope the race is on the radio this weekend....I will try 2 listen : )
p.s. I don't care for Kyle B's personality, but I do think that he has talent & I'd love to have his bank balance...

No one should expect a different Busch at MIS
^^Click above to view ^^
Heluva Good! 400

Final Practice

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 270px" class=cnnDataTable><TBODY><TR class=cnnTopTR><TD align=center></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=center></TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center></TD></TR><TR class=cnnTopTR><TH align=center>Pos. </TH><TH align=left>Driver </TH><TH align=left>Make </TH><TH align=center>Speed </TH><TH class=cnnLast align=center>Time </TH></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=center>1. </TD><TD align=left>David Stremme </TD><TD align=left>Chevrolet </TD><TD align=center>185.428 </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center>38.829 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>2. </TD><TD align=left>J.J. Yeley </TD><TD align=left>Chevrolet </TD><TD align=center>185.095 </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center>38.899 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=center>3. </TD><TD align=left>Travis Kvapil </TD><TD align=left>Ford </TD><TD align=center>184.867 </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center>38.947 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>4. </TD><TD align=left>Jimmie Johnson </TD><TD align=left>Chevrolet </TD><TD align=center>184.516 </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center>39.021 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=center>5. </TD><TD align=left>Dale Earnhardt Jr. </TD><TD align=left>Chevrolet </TD><TD align=center>184.417 </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=center>39.042 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Speeds: Practice 1 | Practice 2
Hope everyone enjoys the Race...."Happy Father's Day to all Racing Fan Father's"
Check back later : ) Thanks `Duane for your Time & Dedication to our forum's NASCAR Thread...
Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 06-18-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

kurt busch
ryan newman
greg biffel

Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM

Hi Member's,
For those member's that don't have cable/dish etc (?)
You can keep track of the Race or enhance your
racing information with connecting online to
"Race Buddy"
(I don't get TNT , but happy that I have a Race Buddy: )
to follow what's happening on the Track...
Now, I just have to find a way to stay awake

RaceBuddy

Click above link "RaceBuddy" 2morrow Sunday June 19th one hour b-4 the Race to view..
EnJoy the Race
Oh, Happy Father's Day to all Father's

Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 PM

5 Year Member

My picks... subject to editing:

Kevin Harvick
Carl Edwards
David Ragan....

EDIT: Due to so many members choosing Jr. and Harvick, I decided I wanted to change my picks up a little bit and replaced Jr.

Yeah, I like to make a long shot.

NASCAR said they would discuss and hand out any additional penalties to JGR this week. Those oil pans have the whole world a buzz though.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 06-19-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well practice speeds didn't equate to much in qualifying.

Its neat to see Jr getting picked so often as the "easy money". Who woulda thought that a year ago? Not me! But he has been a big key to my strong points run this year. He and the other guy I'm picking this week - Jimmie Johnson. Very reliable and over due at MIS. MIS is good to Junior because he likes to race high. That works here.

I like Duane's idea of picking 2 good points guys, then gamble on 1 guy. Ragan is due, and I really would have liked to see him win Charlotte (tho less then I wanted that one for Jr.). Cowboy has some good picks.

I want this one for Martin, who was good in practice as well. I do pick him to be the best driver at the end of this race, but McGrew can't adjust and the car won't likely be fast by the end.

The Fords are supposed to be fast here and I've seen him win twice - no roll of the dice. Just like the points line 'em up:

1. Carl Edwards
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Dale Jr

last: Michael McDowell (I might as well not pick this catagory if he's in the race)
first caution: Paul Menard
# of cautions: not enough to make it interesting...

MIS is the only Sprint Cup track that I can make a "day trip" out of. For years I never missed a race there. Then I missed one and Junior won (his last win). I tried to go to the next one, but rain ruined it (but I was there on the Sunday doing muddy burnouts to the delight of a pretty good crowd of Bud#8 fans). I skipped the next one and Martin won. The racing sucked everytime I was there for the race, but my heroes were winning without me. So I stopped going...

Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM

5 Year Member

Save your money, better racing, a guy you like wins.... wheres the loser? I'm second guessing Ragan... I usually screw up when I second guess myself. I don't know if I should swap him for Kenseth or Edwards. Kenseth is fast.. .and everytime he is fast, he gets screwed out of the win it seems. Ragan was good in practice, he's overdue, and as I said in the rundown, he's running his @$$ off and checking over his shoulder constantly looking out to make sure Jack Roush doesn't sign his car over to Trevor Bayne or Ricky Stenhouse.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Heres my picks
1) Kevin Harvick
2) Jeff Gordon
3) Greg Biffle

Quick Reply: Picks/Michigan/Sunday Afternoon