NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Las Vegas/Sun. Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Carl just isn't showing the speed right now....

Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch are both going to back up cars. Kyle Busch has a tendency ot overdrive a lot of these tracks like Las Vegas, which isn't very forgiving of over driving the car.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I am changing my picks
All in Harvick.
He was fast qualifying and 2nd fast in practice. he will be the one to beat all day long, not just closing.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM

5 Year Member

When you find what works, you stick with it, right Jerry?

I don't mind changing picks, but would you guys edit your original posts so that I don't see that first post, calculate your point,s and then just have to re calculate them wehn I come across that new set of picks you made later?

Thanks, just makes my life easier that way.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 03-10-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Duane, I did go back and edit them, I know how confusing that can get if not done that way.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No picks yet Duane for me, but I was checking out ebay tonight and found some real nice cowboy hats you might be interested in.......

<TABLE class="li rsittlref" r="26"><TBODY><TR><TD class="pic p140 lt"></TD><TD class=dtl>NEW Montecarlo Bullhide Hats FOREVER FREE Western Top Grain Leather Cowboy Hat

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 03-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

my late picks subject to change.......

1 Harvick
2 Biffle
3 Biffle

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM

5 Year Member

Funny you say that, I just broke out my cowboy hat last night and wore it to a car show for the first time in a couple of years.....

Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I might have to order that hat after I win the 2012 MCF Nascar Championship. I too am a cowboy hat wearer, but nothing fancy like that. Just my WhiskeyRiver hat. The biggest difference is that when I step out of the house wearing it, I am the only person in this city of 350,000 wearing a cowboy hat. After I win the championship and buy that hat I'm gonna need to be transplanted...

Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM

5 Year Member

Well Brent, as I've said before, your car would be well received and appreciated right here in North Carolina!

I'm wondering about this Roush organization. As this article points out, they had two drivers in the chase last year, they have a two time Daytona 500 winner, a Nationwide champion in Ricky Stenhouse, yet they are the only major team in my opinion in Cup series who is struggling to get sponsors. Stenhouse and Bayne both ran competitively in the nationwide last year without sponsorhip for many races. Now Stenhouse, the defending Nationwide champ, doesn't have a sponsor, and Trevor bayne, who basically has crashed in all but one restricter plate race, yet won the major one, can't find a sponsor either except for Motorcraft in the cup. And Motorcraft for Bayne and Ford Ecoboost for Stenhouse are really just Ford factory advertisements, not REAL sponsorships.

Why is it that Hendrick isn't having these issues? Why sin't Childress, Gibbs, or anyone else having such issues? Roush can't get sponsorship fro Matt Kenseht right now. He can't get sponsorship for Bayne and Stenhouse, who are really teh future of the company and the team in racing right now. I wonder if something isn't wrong in that Roush organization that just isn't showing at the surface right now? And I do worry for Ford's sake that tehy are about to lose three of their best, top notch drivers.

They already had to park the 6 car last year after not being able to find sponsorship for David Ragan.....

I wonder if this organization is going to fold up over night like a couple of other teams throughout history have. Or some of those major US companies that were strong one day and laying off everyone the next. Something is a miss over there...

LINK

http://www.nationwide.nascar.com/nat...eth/index.html

Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I figure Roush just wants too much money for sponsorship. I think he's the one who started this part time sponsorship crap, which hurts the business too. Some great sponsors have been driven out and this became a sport of "money to win". Even 10 years ago most drivers had full time primary sponsors and there is almost none of that anymore

Quick Reply: Picks/Las Vegas/Sun. Afternoon