NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Which driver leasts deserves his top-notch ride?
Paul Menard
16.67%
Greg Biffle
16.67%
David Ragan
16.67%
Joey Logano
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Kansas/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Picks/Kansas/Sunday Afternoon

Points, Congratulatory Remarks, Intro

Congrats to montecarlo 3831, Chris, for pulling out a win at Dover, his first since Charlotte at Memorial Day!!!

First off, the Segment and the points... Space put together another solid week and maintained an early lead in Segment 4. Could he pulling a zJerry and running off with a segment already???

Overall Points:

1) Cowboy6622 2832 -Leader
2) KidSpace 2824 -8
3) 77GP 2809 -23
4) montecarlo3831 2803 - 29
5) zJerry 2795 -37
6) JuniorCar 2776 -56
7) lougreen03 2685 -147
8) RocknSS04 2674 -158
9) 03JGMonte 1413
10) nichols2k 1246
11) Teacher 1079

Segment 4:

1) KidSpace 239 Leader
2) montecarlo3831 216 -23
3) zJerry 211 -28
4) RocknSS04 210 -29
5) 77GP 209 -30
6) Teacher 208 -31
7) JuniorCar 208 -31
8) nichols2k 205 -34
9) lougreen03 196 -43
10) 03JGMonte 192 -47
11) Cowboy6622 190 -49

Back to Kansas... place definitely deserved a second race in the season... besides, what we really need in the chase is a track that looks almost exactly like Chicagoland!!! *roll eyes*. This place was gas mileage in the spring, and judging by how races have gone this season, you may want to let your deciding factor between picks be who gets the better fuel mileage!! I know I am!!!

My Weekend Plans

I will be on the way home from Florida and unalbe to get the spreadsheets up to calculate points this week. 77GP Jerry usually does this for me.

If anyone else would like to figure out the poitns to see who won the race, basically, you take a spreadsheet, and enter the usernames in column A. In columns B, C, and D, enter the points for each driver they picked. In column E, enter this formula: =(B1+C1+D1) Then sort in descending order. You can enter names, points going in, and points gained in this race into another sheet and get segmetn and overall points tallys this way as well...

This Weeks Poll

Some drivers obviously don't deserve their top notch rides. Who deserves theirs the least?

Paul Menard is riding with Daddy's money, and despite what his daddy says, he would not have made it without him.

Greg Biffle has good cars with good runs for 100 laps, then falls apart nad ruins it somehow. He missed pit road this week and nearly ended up in the 30s somewhere.

David Ragan has been driving that 6 car for like 5-6 years, and has one Daytona win to show for it. Puh-leeze. The guy isn't getting it done, and has never gotten it done. Soem are has-beens, he's a never was.

Joey Logano was a rookie sensation, yet he hasn't accomplished much in the cup series. Is a crew chief change in order? Does he need to go somewhere besides Gibbs? He hasn't posted many great finishes lately, and he won his one race on fuel mileage.

I turned hte poll loose before Juan Montoya cmae to my mind. Howeve,r he doesn't drive for a top notch team. He is probably the least deserving cup driver of a ride. He drives like an *******, he blocks people, then wrecks people when they block him, complains about people not knowing how to race, when he himself can't do much more than let off the clutch, and is the ultimate jerk of the NASCAR garage, everyone knows that.

Hendrick Motorsports

Jimmie is usually in full swing by the time he reaches Kansas!!! JEff Gordon is good here, but Jeff hasn't got that strong momentum going right now. Kansas would be a good place to get it going. Seems like every time Dale Jr. and his crew chief get to bickering, there is something to it, unlike Chad and Jimmie. Perhaps they get it together this week, they better if they wnat to stay in contention and keep Brents dream alive. Mark Martin is a non factor at this point, as far as I can tell.

Joe Gibbs Racing

Pyle Busch fell apart in this race last yea,r nad only ran 12th in the spring. Pyle Busch has a tendency to fall apart in the chase. If you want an excuse to stay away from the 'Yota gang this week, there you go. Dennis Hamster is 12th and wasting a place in the chase. Allmendinger could have done more with that place than Hamlet is. Logano... meh.

Childress

Bowyer is expected to announce his move to MWR, thus annoucning the suicide of his career, this weekend. That also means the end of this Kansas boys year at Childress as far as I can tell. I just don't think he's going ot run well anymore after this.

So that means Childress is back to trying ot get its number 1 man, Harvick, a championship. Harvick hasn't got the strong momentum going we saw early in the year. He's just a quiet top 10 car that might slip into the top 5 with fuel milegae. He's show neh can get it, and that may be a factor this weekend at Kansas.

Stewart-Haas

Another great Tony Stewart track!! He knew Dover would be tough, and Kansas is where he needs to get it back together if he is going to win this championship! Ryan Newman, I wouldnt' expect much of. He's doing a good job holding down the #11 spot right now.

Roush Fenway Racing

Carl Edwards wants a Kansas win pretty badly, yet he hasn't gotten it yet. He made a slip at Dover that cost him the win. He had a good, solid car at Chicagoland, and may just make something of a run there this weekend. Kenseth was good at Chicago as well but ran out of fuel. Biffle and Ragan are jokes and subjects in my poll this week.

Petty Motorsports

I might look for another top 10 out top 15 out of Allmendinger or Ambrose. Hard to bet on them though.

Penske

Watch out for that Hemi power right now!!! Kurt Busch slipped into a win at Dover, he's good at Kansas, he ran great here in the spring and his teammate won!!! Kurt Busch might walk the walk this year, or he might have a good old sweetheart session on the radio and blow up like he did at Chicagoland, watching all the other cars roll right past him at the end.

Random @$$HATS

I do'nt see any Martin Truex, Juan Montoyas, or any of those characters running well this week.

My Picks

With history on the track and fuel mileage influencing me....

1) Tony Stewart
2) Jimmie Johnson
3) Carl Edwards

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 10-02-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Gordon
Johnson
Keselowski

Going with my trusted picks

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's my pick's
1) Jeff Gordon
2) Kevin Harvick
3) Jimmie Johnson

Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 PM

5 Year Member

I think some of you guys camp out waiting for the next weeks post to go up!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:20 PM

I actually do wait for nxt weeks post so i dont forget to make my picks lol

Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 AM

First off, the Segment and the points... Space put together another solid week and maintained an early lead in Segment 4. Could he pulling a zJerry and running off with a segment already???

LOL ~>Yes, `if my lucky guesses continue & the driver's I pick also have racing luck...I do believe it's more luck 4 me then skill...There's just to many variables & factor's in Nascar Racing 4-Sure...
If I picked who I wanted to win, I would be in last place..I just pick who I think will win and I'm surprised I'm still in the Chase....It's been fun...Thanks `Duane & member's.
I just wish I had the oppurtunity to watch the races each week, but thankful I have the `web to review the results..
Peace/Happy to you from `Space ~> EnJoy

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

5 Year Member

I'm surprised anyone voted for Joey Logano!!! I know Brent hasn't votedy et because we all know his hard stance on how Paul Menard is the most worthless driver in all NASCAR and least deserves a top notch ride!!!!

Only thing that would sway a lot of peoples votes is if I had slipped Juan Montoya in there. Like I said though, I dont percieve Earnhardt GAnassi to be a championship caliber team, they haven't had a car in the chase in years, so I don't count that as a top notch ride. I do count Roush, Childress, and Gibbs to be championship caliber and each have some dead weight attacehd right now.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM

I voted for Logano cuz he isnt impressive at all it was a toss up though between him & ragan but menard hasnt been with a good team till now so he still has a chance & biffle i honestly dk bout him anymore was good at the start of his career but now not so much

Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I am gonna go with:
1. Kurt Busch
2. Jimmy Johnson
3. Jeff Grodon
And I will tally up the point for us. Enjoy your trip.
WHAT----No Harvick for me this week. Its early, I may change my mind after quals.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
I am gonna go with:
WHAT----No Harvick for me this week. Its early, I may change my mind after quals.

You know what this means everybody: KEVIN HARVICK WILL DOMINATE AND WIN KANSAS!! I even put my Harvick picture in the signature to tease you.

Quick Reply: Picks/Kansas/Sunday Afternoon