NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: How much of these rundowns do you read?
None, I just go with my own gut
27.27%
Some, I kind of skim it
36.36%
I read it all, I'm dedicated! (and need a life)
18.18%
Keep bold printing it... I read the parts I'm interested in.
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Indy/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some thoughts on the apparent Carl Edwards bandwagon taht is emerging... he was second in Daytona, second in Darlington... to no-name "who the heck are you" people.... so maybe Edwards runs second to Allmendinger or something? Hey, second is a good points day....

Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1. Jimmie J.
2. Jeff G.
3. Carl E.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I fear Edwards is going to Toyota, so I'm disinvesting my interest in him. Seems like a big career mistake to me - things will go bad for a lot of people if he goes. Ford has made an offer backing Roush to keep him with Ford that they described as "unprecedented in 110 years of racing"

Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 AM

Hi `Brent, I haven't seen you online lately or maybe we are just in different Time Zones or Space Zones ~>
(I've missed your input/posts etc)
Hope life is going good 4 U & yours 4-Sure...
EnJoy the Race....& I hope Edwards doesn't go to Toyota, but hopefully in a Chevy Ride along with Joey L
====================================
`Duane, hope you have a safe/fun trip `if you go...
I am also hoping that I can get the race on the radio
I think there's going 2 `be a Surprise Winner 2day....

Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM

5 Year Member

I really think Edwards has two plausible options: Stay with Roush, go to Gibbs. Although I know you Cheby guys would love to have Edwards, Hendrick has a full stable, and so does Childress. Although, I will say, Edwards could probably lift that team up a lot more than Menards... and could probably bring in more money than even Paul's daddy. The only good Chevy option might be a third Stewart-Haas car, but most people think Mark Martin or Danica Patrick will end up with that ride.

There is one Dodge team... Penske probably isn't ready to put a third car on the track after Sam Hornish nearly ran him into the ground.

So then there are the Toyotas... Red Bull is falling on its face, and Joe Gibbs could open up a 4th team.... however, who is going to be in the 4th car... Edwards, or Logano? I've never seen a team field 4 cars competitively. Roush had 5 in the chase in like '05 or something... unprecedented. I was amazed to see that then. I really think the 3 car model is the way to go.

For Edwards to leave Roush, he is leaving an organization where he has the flagship car in the 99, and is the lead man in the stable. If he goes to Gibbs, he's the new guy on the block... and Hamlin and Busch are the leaders of that stable. Just because of his wins and near championship runs, he would overshadow Logano.

But with Edwards in the points lead, how could he leave Roush? If he does, he's throwing away apossible champoinship this year. However, he could be going to an organization he feels can make him more competitive, more often next year. If you were Jack Roush, woudl you truly back a man for a championship who is leaving next year???

And if Edwards does go to Toyota, he will lose a lot of fans. A lot of us Ford guys are on his bandwagon becasue he drives a blue oval. I could support him in a Chevrolet.. .and although I truly hold nothing against Toyotas, I just don't think I'm ready to cheer for a Toyota driver. I think I'll end up being a Trevor Bayne fan or something if that happens.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:05 AM

5 Year Member

As far as will I be here or not... well, I hope not actually! I haven't heard back, but we go to lucnh as a family when they get back from church at Golden Corral. I'm going to load up a creeper, timing light, vacuum gauge, things like that in the car when we go... if I hear from him while I'm over there, we may very well go from Henderson, NC to Norfolk, VA this afternoon. If you have not heard from me by about 2:30, I'm gone... and I will need someone to cover the points. If you need advice on how to do this, refer to my post on page 3.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 AM

5 Year Member

It's now official: I won't be here until probably 10:00 tonight. Wish me luck and hope this truck is as good as the guy says it is. I hope everyone enjoys the race, and I hope I find it on the radio... Indianapolis is sometimes hard to get.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 PM

Hi `Duane & Member's,
Duane, I seen you were still online, and if you hit the Road
PRN (Performance Racing Network)is broadcasting on AM today....I'm barely getting it, but I'm happy I can listen to the start of the race b-4 I crash out for a fast recharge...

EnJoy the Race

p.s. Online Click the below for NASCAR LeaderBoard
http://www.nascar.com/races/leaderboard/cup/race/

Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I can probably give us a prelim on the race only when its over guys.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
I can probably give us a prelim on the race only when its over guys.
Its always cool to have member at the race to report a different perspective. In my experience, fans at home actually have more information available, but in person is where you really feel the race! And you see some things NASCAR covers up!

I agree with Duane - why would Carl walk away from a Championship team? He is as likely to win this year as anyone - the organization is definately working. Seems like a stupid role of dice to me. Does he need more money (if that's even being offered)? Everyone hates a "sell-out"...

Quick Reply: Picks/Indy/Sunday Afternoon