NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Charlotte/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I wouldn't stop watching if he were gone, but I'd enjoy it less. And I was probably the last person on the Jr wagon. Second last actually - Duane was the last person on the wagon. It's something that is easier if you just let go and like him. And then your part of something - part of the masses and that is fun (and even creepier sounding). But it the same attitude I had about Jimmie Johnson. I didn't want him to win the first 3 or 4 Championships. Then I realized NASCAR would be more enjoyable for me if I celebrated Jimmie's success. And when your in the grandstands cheering Jr you really feel like part of a big party cuz it seems like everyone - like 100,000 to 160,000 of you - are all in it together. There ain't anything else like that with any other driver, past or present, and I don't know if there ever will be again. I'd miss that a lot....

That's some deep thought right there....

Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

JR"s out so am I. Like going out to eat at your favorite Restaurant. Cause they have your favorite dish. And you get there and they say their out . No use going then !

Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1 kahne
2 j johnson
3 hamlin

"When something happens to your body, I want to live a healthy life so I'm going to make sure that I'm doing the right thing, and that's all I felt like I was doing here. I think if I give myself time to get healed up, I can race for as long as I want to race, and that's my objective." Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 10-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I wouldn't stop watching if he were gone, but I'd enjoy it less. And I was probably the last person on the Jr wagon. Second last actually - Duane was the last person on the wagon. It's something that is easier if you just let go and like him. And then your part of something - part of the masses and that is fun (and even creepier sounding). But it the same attitude I had about Jimmie Johnson. I didn't want him to win the first 3 or 4 Championships. Then I realized NASCAR would be more enjoyable for me if I celebrated Jimmie's success. And when your in the grandstands cheering Jr you really feel like part of a big party cuz it seems like everyone - like 100,000 to 160,000 of you - are all in it together. There ain't anything else like that with any other driver, past or present, and I don't know if there ever will be again. I'd miss that a lot....

If I was a follower, a sheep or a conformist. If I feared of being left out or missed the party then I would agree. BUT. I'm not. I am a leader who does not fear standing on the edge by myself. I was a Stewart fan before it was hip to be a fan. I didn't follow Smoke because who he was but what kind of driver he is. When he retires. I will just move onto another driver. It wont necessarily be a SHR driver either. Not even needing to be a GM driver. I'm a Nascar fan.

No offence is meant by my statements just my constitutional right.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

didn't realize the race was tonight, almost missed the deadline.

Jimmie Jonhson
Greg Biffle
Matt Kenseth

Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I would say you don't have to follow to join the party! I don't think what I did with my car would be considered "conforming" by too many people. But it is popular. But i think it is okay to like who ever you want for any reason. Even the Toyota guys. There are actually people who like KyBu's personality! I think it is sad that NASCAR stands to lose so many great fans when Jr is gone, but I understand that many, like myself, pour their hearts into this sport and would be heartbroken. But I also believe time will heal those wounds

Old 10-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I am not going to be here to close the window tonight. I am taking the the To-Rino to the final cruise in of the year in Henderson... not the last cruise in for the year everywhere, just in Henderson.... looking forward to it, been rained out for 3 months straight.

I would like to leave you guys wtih this post... this was posted on Fred Lorenzen's facebook, a NASCAR driver from the early 60s who at one point was NASCAR's all time leading money maker, and the first man to win over $100,000 in NASCAR. His daughter, Amanda, who usually keeps up with his page, posted it.

Fred Lorenzen
'bout 19 turn o' yer hourglass ago
From Fred's daughter to Dale Jr. And fans, what a smart, educated and courageous choice you have made. I commend you for thinking of the importance to rest and take care of your brain. It's a tremendously difficult hard choice you've made to sit out. You have given your family, friends and fans a wonderful gift. I have never spoken publicly about this, but you have now made it OK for me. Many of y
ou know my Dad suffers from dementia. This is serious stuff....head injuries should be taken incredibly seriously. My Dad was and still is as tough as nails. In his racing career he suffered 2 severe head traumas and concussions and never took a break to heal. The one at Darlington he promised to travel home and see a doctor. He never did. He got right back in the car and drove...being tough and doing what he loved. He suffered another concussion that was also very bad, those are the 2 we "knew" of. Soon after, he had terrible headaches, blurred vision and more. He refused to see a doctor because he's "tough." I love my Dad more than anything and would give the world to have had him sit out of those races when he just got right back in the car. It's clear he suffers from what they call chronic traumatic encephalopathy, most common in football players and wrestlers. Only a brain biopsy will confirm it, but he has every symptom on the list. It was once called "punch drunk" syndrome. If my Dad knew now what getting back in the car would do, he would be sitting out too. For himself, his fans and for the family he loves so much. I miss him being just my "Dad" every day.

So.....Dale Jr. You've found a new special fan today (me) and your family will be forever grateful. You are not only a talented driver, but a smart and thoughtful one. If only we had the knowledge back then of head injuries, my Dad would be sitting with me in good health today, playing with his grand babies and living happily at home . Thank you from the bottom of my heart for standing up and doing this. You're making a difference for your later life and hopefully for NASCAR. With love and honor, Amanda (Fred Lorenzen's daughter)

Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Kyle busch

matt kenseth

greg biffle

Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Hope I am not late. forgot it was a Saturday night race DUH...
1. Kyle Busch
2. Paul Menard
3. kevin Harvick

Old 10-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I guess nobody closed the window, or announced it, but it is closed now as the anthem is beginning now...

Quick Reply: Picks/Charlotte/SatNight