NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Bristol/Sat.Night

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm comfortable with my picks. Junior qualified worse then he practiced.

My absence from Bristol worked out good for the truck race. My presence tends to bring Pyle Buschit luck. I usually attend this race. The first time I missed MIS Junior won

Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I'm comfortable with my picks. Junior qualified worse then he practiced.

My absence from Bristol worked out good for the truck race. My presence tends to bring Pyle Buschit luck. I usually attend this race. The first time I missed MIS Junior won
Then stay the h*ll out of North Carolina!!! I think you sucked the fuel out Jr.s car this year.....

So I've been pondering a theory for why Brad Keselowski has been running so well. Everyone keeps saying it is because of how he is injured and he is focusing harder.... no, it is because he is not running Nationwide races....

How many Nationwide races does Jimmie Johnson run? One a year if that? How many times has he been the champion? All those guys chasing him... Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, they all keep running Nationwide races..... Keselowski hasn't run a Nationwide car in a month and he is running better than he has in his entire cup career INJURED!!!!!

Waht could Harvick, Edwards, and Busch do if they focused their attention where it belongs? That's what the point of this whole taking away the points from those guys who run cup... run where you belong. I think Johnson would go down if Edwards and Busch drive the cars they're meant to drive and quit playing in the minor leagues....

Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got nothing again this week, so here goes my picks.......

1 edwards
2 kyle busch
3 j johnson

Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1. Kyle Busch. He got #50 in the Nationwide race last night. New record.
2. Jimmie Johnson. He's due for another win, just not this one.
3. Kevin Harvick. He'll probably end up about 22nd, but ya never know about him.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:34 AM

`Space Picks

1. Carl Edwards
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Joey Logano~>
=============
4. Jr Car "Brent" (I don't know how he
got his Monte on the Track ~>,
but he might just win `it
Hope everyone enjoys the Race 2night..
Kyle Busch is on a Winning Streak, but I'm not pick'in him : ) I think he will have major problems 2night : )
I do like Ryan Newman & hope he does well or wins 2 : )
Have fun/EnJoy the Game/Race ~>4-Sure
p.s. Thanks `Duane our MCF NASCAR Historian, for his time/dedication to this thread
and the MCF

Last edited by Space; 08-27-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:26 AM

15 Year Member

I couldn't agree more Cowboy, and made that same observation to my wife. Carl needs to learn this. I think some guys could benefit from the extra seat time, but a full Nationwide schedule is too busy too these guys. Even Pyle scaled back a bit in this years Nationwide series and has seen improved Sprint Cup results.

They shouldn't be allowed to run more then 5 Nationwide races per year anyways. This would keep the series more interesting (instaed of the same winners every week) and would make the Sprint Cup driver cameos more special to see

Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 AM

CounterPoint:
If a Nationwide driver can beat a Sprint Cup driver it shows that he is ready to move up in the series.

My other opinion is that a Sprint Cup Driver could be able to be in `all Nationwide races, but don't get points for their position (just the $'s & honor of winning: ) Then the best of the best of Nationwide Driver's would be able to win the Championship, but still compete
and see how they do with the Big Boys from `Sprint..
Just my thoughts from way out `Space..
Thank U 4 reading & if you comment ? Thanks for creating activity on the MCF
================================================== =========
Below is the weather report for Bristol, TN
<TABLE class=obcontainer cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Weather for Bristol, TN

<TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" rowSpan=5> <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; FONT-SIZE: 140%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" rowSpan=2>67°F | °C <TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #d8d8d8 1px solid; WIDTH: 5px" rowSpan=5><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2 align=center>Sat <TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2 align=center>Sun <TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2 align=center>Mon <TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2 align=center>Tue <TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" rowSpan=3 colSpan=2> <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" rowSpan=3 colSpan=2> <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" rowSpan=3 colSpan=2> <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" rowSpan=3 colSpan=2> <TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666">Mostly Cloudy <TD><TD><TD><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666">Wind: NW at 4 mph <TD><TD><TD><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Humidity: 89% <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">84° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">61° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">82° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">56° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">84° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">59° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">87° <TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; COLOR: #666; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">63°</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px">Detailed forecast: <TD>The Weather Channel <TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">- <TD>Weather Underground <TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">- <TD>AccuWeather</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 08-27-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:00 AM

__>>rocknss04 - I think like you about kevin, but I'll throw him in the pot at bristol:

Kyle Bush - he got win#102 last night
Carl Edwards
Kevin Harvick

PS - I've been lucky enough to have gone to a bristol night race... loved it.. its about the only live event I would consider going back to.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the hurricane is blowing on through... seems like a few picks are still missing but I haven't counted them up. We haven't lost power yet, but parts of the town Ilive in have. Our lights have flickered about 6-10 times over the morning and afternoon thus far. The wind kind of comes and goes... had a little hail here at one time.

Been watching TV and the internet all day.... haven't set a foot outdoors since yesterday.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 PM

15 Year Member

We had tornados in the area Wednesday. It was a little exciting, but nothing to close to home happened. I lost my satelitte reception and missed America's Got Talent. But I was nervous. Goderich (north of London Ontario) was destroyed....

Last edited by JuniorCar; 08-27-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Picks/Bristol/Sat.Night