NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Pick the Winner @ Daytona 500 : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 08:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Pick the Winner @ Daytona 500 : )

i'm not too upset about the winner of the race, however i would have liked to see it finish under green, i dont think it would have finished the way it did, with the cars that were left i think it would have been between gordon & stewart @ the end

one thing that does make me mad about that race was jr...come on!!! where was the penalty on that call, any other driver would have been penalized for that stupid move he did on the back stretch taking out the # 1 car of the race

the driver in the nationwide race got penalized for doing that, so where was the call on jr...oh yah nevermid, he never does anything wrong..his fans would have been so upset if he got penalized and they can't have that! grrr! that was just stupid driving on his behalf, and then @ the end of the race he didn't apologize or anything for it, he pretty much blamed it on vickers...oh yah its his fault not mine, i dont do anything wrong!! grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2009 | 08:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I really don't think that was deliberate Josh. With the traffic that congested, I think he has enough brains to know that spinning Vickers out is going to cause a major pile up.
Don't get me wrong, I think Junior needs to take half the blame. But Junior was also completely below the line (off the track) he had to get back on the track. Is it possible Vickers deliberately hit the brakes when Junior made the move to get back on track? If so, then Vickers needs to take some blameas well.

As for the race over all. It was a good 3/4 of a race.What a let down tobuild up the first race of the season, then just say "Screw it.This guy wins." What if they did that during the superbowl? People would be out for blood.

Old 02-16-2009 | 11:39 AM

anyone know how long the rain went for in daytona?.
they only parked the cars for about what? 20 minutes and then gived the race away
i been waiting for this race since last year lol to watch it end like that .....

and for JR .i hate the announcers when they try not to blame JR all the time
mr MAC LOL allways everytime jr goes into first he says look at all the 200.000 plus fans on thier feet jr nation WTF THAT guy pisses me off when he talks
i mute the tv when he talks thats more then half of the race lol

YOUR FIRED RETIRE

Old 02-16-2009 | 05:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I hear ya on announcers playing favorites. I don't really like that either.

I'm not sure if the audio guys played with the audio levels or not. But I noticed a round of applause from the crowd when Junior took the lead for the first time. Even though it only lasted 10 seconds. Or maybe it was the announcers applauding?

Oh yeah.. Speaking of Junior Nation. Is it just my imagination, or did the Pace Car's paint scheme look very similar to the Dale Jr Concept Camaro posted here a while back?