NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Off Week Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013 | 10:17 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I think Joeys plan on that was just to run him up into the outside wall and not shoot him into the inside wall like he did

Old 03-25-2013 | 10:22 PM
10 Year Member

I know this sounds bad but in a way Denny did bring this on himself he and Joey had it almost saved but then if you go back and watch you can tell Denny tried to hook Joey. I've been watching NASCAR for years and I can tell you that the way Joey's car shot into the wall only happens when a guy is intentionally hooked. Hamlin was pissed and wanted to ruin Joey's day the same way he ruined his but he ended up wrecking himself. I think that's why Joey said he got what he deserved cause Denny had just tried once again to wreck him but ended up taking himself out. Joey didn't know Denny was hurt at the time. But people have been walking all over Logano for years and the kid is fed up.

Old 03-25-2013 | 10:26 PM
10 Year Member

As a Dale Jr fan all this stuff is like a slap in the face. They take 25 points and thousands of dollars from him during the Chase in 2004 because he was happy and said the word ****. How many times have drivers cussed and gotten away with it especially yesterday. Double standards anyone?

Old 03-26-2013 | 04:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
The difference though, Jerry, is did you put your guy into a wall at 150+ mph? Did you have a standing and known feud prior to wrecking him? And did you act like a bunch of 9 year old's on Twitter for a month prior to the crash?
You got me there, All I did was make him scrape it. The next week I decided to let him pass me cleanly and he win with me second. We did have prior issues but nothing like that.

Old 03-26-2013 | 06:58 AM
|

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I don't believe Denny intentionally hooked Joey. I know what it looks like, and if you watch the crash from a certain point forward, it looks exactly like that, but I don't believe. Denny's car was wiggling the whole time. If you watch guys all day long and even on different tracks, when they come off corenrs loose, they may wiggle 5-6 times before finally catching the car and getting it right. Denny was out of control and trying to regain as Joey kept driving up the track into him. I do'nt think Denny ever got his car back right after he was bashed by Logano.

My old college roommate tried to tell me the same thing... I just don't believe it.

Another one of them pictures no one looks at

Here is King Richard Petty with thought-he-was-king Richard Nixon in 1972.

Name:  richardnixonrichardpetty_zpsc3e30a5c.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  109.4 KB

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 03-26-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2013 | 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
Wink

Its obvious,
King Richard will always be the KING!

Nixon, He was and always will be a crook!

Old 03-26-2013 | 09:19 AM
|

5 Year Member

Richard Nixon was actually a pretty big fan of NASCAR racing. When ABC Sports aired the Talladega 500 in 1970, it was a spectacular show... Bobby Allison and Buddy baker traded the lead with lap speeds at about 200 mph for most of the day, but both suffered engine failures at the end and Pete Hamilton won the race in the closing stages.

Richard Nixon wrote Hamilton a letter congratulating him... Nixon had watched it all from the white house...

In response to the Junior cursing at Talladega thing... NASCAR has instituted new policies since then... back then, NASCAR was all about trying to be a "Family show" and it hurt their ratings. Now NASCAR has backed off and said "boys, have at it" and trying to get back to the old days, so I guess it's all about the policies and the going trend right now in the higher ecleons of NASCAR.

Old 03-26-2013 | 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Being a Harvick fan, I'm anxious to see if he has anything to show at Martinsville. I kind of doubt it but then there was 2011. I know I was very surprised when he won that Martinsville spring race because it just seems like that's never really been a strong track for him. That's a Jeff Gordon track. One of the rare times he's actually rallied late in a race with a strong car. I remember his car was handling horrible during most of that race and he was involved in at least one wreck. Although, 2011 was a strong year for him overall.

Old 03-26-2013 | 06:08 PM
|

5 Year Member

Mark Martin was flying to the front one year at Martinsville with a similar condition as Harvick had that year.... the rear bumper was missing. And you're right, Harvick wasn't running good that day but got in a spin, lost his rear bumper, and started running well for whatever reason. The same thing happened to Martin.

So take note, crew chiefs next week at Martinsville: if your car isn't running the way you want, loop it around and take the rear bumper off....

Old 03-26-2013 | 10:03 PM
|

5 Year Member

According to this article, on Yahoo News... Denny Hamlin is out for 6 weeks.....

Y! SPORTS

Quick Reply: Off Week Discussions