NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR What a shame....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Default NASCAR What a shame....

What a shame for NASCAR starting tomorrow......
I never thought that an AMERICAN car company would step down to the Toyota, Honda ect level........
With NASCAR going to the car of tomorrow I am glad that the Monte Carlo is not the car that NASCAR or CHEVY
wants to put that sick looking wing on the back of it.
Its a shame that the AMERICAN car company's even agreed with NASCAR to put that wing on it.
Its a shame to see a Chevy (even if it is an Impala) with a wing on it. The pace car for the Busch race looks totally like an import. Really starting to think that NASCAR has gotten far far away from the roots that they were made from. I guess Toyota has more pull with NASCAR then the AMERICAN car company's. They claim its to make the car safer, BULL S**T.... The cars are pretty safe now..... TOYOTA PUTTING A LOT OF MONEY INTO NASCAR. IT TOOK ALMOST 7 YEARS TO GET THE CAMARY INTO NASCAR, THEY CLAIM THAT THE COT HAS BEEN A SEVEN PROJECT...... Add it up and do the math........

As one driver said the other day, theCar Of Tomorrowlooks like a Honda in Sterioids

I am (or should I say have been) a NASCAR Fan for over 30 plus years..... This most likely will change my mind.....

WHAT A SHAME.......

Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Default RE: NASCAR What a shame....

[align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif]Hi Michael & MCF Members,[sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] $Global $$$Economy$ [X(][/align][/align][align=center]and [/align][align=center]NASCAR

[/align][hr][align=center]

[/align][align=center]It's Capitalism at it's worst.: ( To me it has become the American way : ( I just started studying business @ college& I am no expert, but to me it's all a MONEY GAME& that's the way that I view America under the present conditions.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Busch Race @ Bristol had over 160,000 in attendance. Multiply that by $100's + = Millions $$$$ + T.V + Sponsors =Big $'s. They have the audience and the support of the fans. (*they have become `Sheepeople = People,lead like Sheep). As long as it attracts dollars and the number grows, forget the former die hard fans. Don't like it,they don't care....there are others that willpay.....no matter what the NASCAR's look like or from what country they came, just give them a beer..
[/align][align=center]I don't think it's another sneak attack...They are doing it, in the light of day &[/align][align=center]advertising their intentions...they have the money.....It's up to the majority, to change it or live with it : ( Toyota...# 1 ?
[/align][align=center]If enough people wanted a Monte Carlo to continue and go to RWD, I think GM would build it. No one likes change, but money does make changes.[/align][align=center]"The Rich get Richer & The Poor, get POORER"). (like `Space)
If the majority wanted our troops out of the Middle East, they would be out of the middle-east : )...I personally believe, as I was taught by my grandfather, and that was to take care of your own home, before you go to your neighbors home,and tell them how to live. [/align][align=center]I don't think GM took care of their home and[/align][align=center][i][font="times new roman baltic"][size=4][b]I don't thinkAmerica, has taken care of it's home and has beenneglecting their

Old 03-24-2007, 11:18 PM

[align=center][:-]Michael =Mrrench, [/align][align=center]My grandfather just read my reply to your post & has the same[/align][align=center]feelings or opinions like you.[/align][align=center]He said he has stopped watching NASCAR, but still reads [/align][align=center]about it. He's a old die hard NASCAR fan.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He said he will still keep going to the short tracks, where[/align][align=center]the big money doesn't control the true forms of racing.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Myself, I love Go-Kart Racing : )[/align][align=center](all ages, just having fun: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What do you think of NASCAR ? [/align][align=center]What or where do you think the best true Racing is NOW ?[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/574E636D9C124CC58D4F6C74655ADC55.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Peace,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]Oh, a Rich Kid & his organization Won the [/align][align=center]first COT Race @ Bristol. Go NASCAR[/align]

Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

it doesn't bother me so much...i know the fact that toyota came in isn't the best for me...but the c.o.t. doesn't bother me that much...

especially since GORDON GOT THE POLL FOR THE FIRST C.O.T. RACE
i gotta get home to watch the race!! can't wait! BRISTOL FUN!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 AM

I share my school-work with members
[hr]
US Class War - Slavery through Consumption & Debt to Serve the Elite
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
[hr]
The motto of the United States of Consumption is “In More We Trust.†The contribution of American culture to humanity is consumption obsession. Our epidemic of obesity, our land gluttonous suburban sprawl, our monster-size environmental footprint, our ravenous automobile addiction, and our heartless greed are symptoms of a deep-seated, sick mental state that keeps the economy humming. And it keeps increasing economic inequality and apartheid.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Mass consumption is also a distraction from the self-inflicted defeat facing working- and middle-class Americans in the class war they are losing. Americans are enslaving themselves with their spending and delusional prosperity. The rich and super-rich in their McMansions, luxury cars, yachts, swank spas and private jets surely are laughing at how easy it is to manipulate the 80 percent of the population that keeps enriching them.
[b]
Many common folks are deluding themselves that they have a fair shot at joining America's super-rich — those households worth at least $10 million. According to an Elite Traveler poll, they will be spending 25 percent more this year than last on holiday parties, travel, and shopping. Among the top holiday spending categories: spirits for entertaining (up 57 percent to $22,300) and yacht charters (up 12 percent to $410,600). The awesomely affluent will also be averaging $91,100 on holiday jewelry, $36,400 on designer fashions, $52,000 on luxury watches, and $25,700 on flat screen TVs and other electronics. Nearly 25 percent of them will travel by private jet just to shop for holiday gifts. Of course, there are many Americans who do have a good chance of joining the super-rich. They are the rich Americans.
Any regular person who does not understand that Americans are in a class war is out of touch with our economic reality. Rich and powerful elites that are running and ruining our country have the upper hand. Wiping out the middle class to create a two-class society nationally and globally suits them. The Upper Class can steer most wealth to themselves and spread a small amount around to keep the Lower Class content enough not to revolt. Ordinary people have a powerful weapon to fight their oppressors, yet have not yet used it. It is their money, more specifically their discretionary consumer spending. The reasons for not controlling and politicizing their spending merit examination. Time is running out to understand why millions of supposedly rational people spend themselves into economic slavery.

The paradox is that though the rich and powerful rig many aspects of the economy, financial markets, and international trade, they remain dependent on consumer spending to create national wealth and keep the economy healthy, because it accounts for some 70 percent of the GDP. In one sense, they are not able to physically force people to spend money. But in another sense they have done something nearly as effective.

They use the mass media, marketing, advertising and technological change to stimulate consumer demand for a host of products and services that people could easily live without. Compulsive consumer spending results from training, conditioning and brain washing that starts in childhood. In a highly stressful society it becomes a form of self-medication. To conform,

Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member

good race

good finish i like kyle bush him and his brother are both awesome drivers...

i thoroughly enjoyed that race they need to fix a few things on the cars though...that front air spoiler poping tires needs to get fixed the most i think

Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

good race

good finish i like kyle bush him and his brother are both awesome drivers...

i thoroughly enjoyed that race they need to fix a few things on the cars though...that front air spoiler poping tires needs to get fixed the most i think
Yeah good race, so when can I buy that 2-door Impala SS or the 2-door Fusion, or better yet, I can hardly wait for the 2 door Camry.

Why do they even call it Stock Car Racing any more. The last stock piece of the car which I believe was the floor pan has been removed.

Try NASRSCAR for "Somewhat Resembling Stock Car."

Oh well, I guess I am one of those who has no choice but to keep watching anyways until football season starts.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
Yeah good race, so when can I buy that 2-door Impala SS or the 2-door Fusion, or better yet, I can hardly wait for the 2 door Camry.

Why do they even call it Stock Car Racing any more. The last stock piece of the car which I believe was the floor pan has been removed.

Try NASRSCAR for "Somewhat Resembling Stock Car."
Amen! Long live the Winston Cup years!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member

actually its a no door lol...there' are no doors on those cars...waaay off from stock...but an 07 impalla ss would be a very nice car to have i think

Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Nascar has not been stock car racing for many years.

When was the last time you could buy
1. V-8 Camry (they dont even make a v-8 for it)
2. 351 V-8 Ford Fusion
3. 350 V-8 Monte or Impala
4. 350 V-8 Dodge

Nascar has not been in there rules since they started down sizing the cars in the 70's early 80's
and as far as I know all the above cars are front wheel drive. Again early 80's.

Quick Reply: NASCAR What a shame....