NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR Update April 24/25/26 ~> Pick Top "3"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks 2 all Member's that posted their opinions
about the Race.
Special Thanks 2 our New MCF Race RePorTer `Jamie
I listened 2 the Race on the Radio,
and viewed the highlights on the late eve news

Congrat's 2 Brad on his first Win & Congrat's to
Carl 4 Flip'in B-4 he Won, & that he is `ok 4-Sure.
It was great 2 C him personally run across the
finish line.
It's amaz'in how well the NASCAR is built 2 withstand
that speed, and crash. Kudo's 2 the builders.

CowBoy, several of the Senior's read our MCF Threads,
and they love your Torino & Project.
Keep us all updated.

Jamie, look 4ward to your future Race Reports.
Thanks `all

Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I think NASCAR should adopt the law the truck series has... below hte yellow line after turn 4 on the final lap is fair game!! That would resolve the issue.. and it has been the deciding factor in several truck races. It would be safer and more exciting to allow the drivers below the yellow line off turn 4 on the final lap.
long as they don't take away tony's win from last year, i'm all for it they can go below it in qualifying (and almost everyone does as it helps with speed), they definitely need to change something and that would be something to start with. or move it or something. i know it is there for a reason but compare last October's finish with this year's, and it shouldn't even be a question.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was a random thread hijack 'Space... the Torino is coming along though... I'm glad its not in the shape Edwards car was in after that crash though!!!!!

I'll try to get something on that posted soon. Right now, it's finals time!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM

GOOD LUCK!!! i hated finals. i always did so good in school until it came to testing. i just froze up. we are definitely waiting patiently to see how you are making out with the torino! the fact that you've almost completely torn it down already is great progress!!!

one last thought about yesterday's race, i think carl edwards said it best in his post-race/flip interview - "we're gonna keep racing like this till we kill somebody". whether it be a driver or a spectator, if it comes to that then nascar will have some serious lawsuits on their hands. if they don't already with what happened to those fans yesterday. i hope they start coming up with ideas to change either the track or the cars, and soon.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 PM

5 Year Member

I could fix the whole problem.... move the grandstands about 15 ft back from the wall. Then CUT OUT the section that allows fans to walk up to the wall, and post a security guard about every 100 ft watching it. That will fix this problem of fans getting hurt.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM

they could do that. i've heard that talked about as a good alternative. honestly that seems like a good option. but to move however many thousands of seats that entails would probably be a HUGE undertaking and would probably mean missing a race there, and they won't do that.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The yellow line rule doesn't change for the truck series Cowboy, but I agree that's the way it should be. The rule was always anything goes when the checkers are in the air, but they changed it abruptly when Regan Smith beat Tony last year (sorry ChevySSGirl). That was the point Brad & Carl were making post race when they said Nascar was making them race like that. Where's the big concern for safety there? They blame the drivers for poor judgement. Nascar says they are all about safety, but would rather force dangerous driving then admit they made a sh*tty call last year

Old 04-28-2009, 06:55 AM

5 Year Member

Well it changed for the truck series race last year at Talladega in the fall... I remember watching it nad the announcers kept reminding everyone about it.... it changed for that race atleast, but only on the last lap.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know, and I remember. That was one day before Regan Smith got screwed, and that was the rule. Listen to Regan (or any other driver) post race - that was the rule they were told in the drivers meeting too. Its a good rule and a safe rule. Tony still had a good crack at winning that one (but didn't). If Keselowski had been permitted to lay off Edwards and race him bellow the line, safety would have been maintained and it would hardly have given any edge to Brad. Would have been a close one.

But I still really like the way it turned out. I haven't been able to stop talking about it. I just don't want anyone blaming driver judgement or equipment over safety issues. Poor implementation of rule is the only hazard creator.

Besides, there were probably more people injured in the parking lot leaving (tripping, rolled ankles, etc.) - there's something 200,000 people at a Talladega Sprint Cup event. 20 years injury free = 8 fans out of 8 million attendees (over the years) with minor injuries from the race. Follow my logic? No need for extra attention for safety.

Just bring back the last lap rule.