NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR Ringside: Edwards vs. Kenseth : )

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NASCAR Ringside: Edwards vs. Kenseth : )

[align=center]
NASCAR Ringside: Edwards v. Kenseth
Posted Oct 21st 2007 by `Space
Filed under:
Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, NASCAR Fights
[/align][align=center]Hit'em Carl : )[/align][align=center]Bob Dillner reported live from the track this afternoon after the race--and his camera crew caught it--a lil' altercation between Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth that almost led to punches. Kenseth was being interviewed when Edwards approached and grabbed him by both shoulders, ready to fight.

At first it looked like they could be play fighting, but when I saw it the second time, it was obvious to me that Kenseth didn't think Edwards wasn't playin'.

Dillner suggested it must have been something that happened on the track today--he wasn't sure ... and I sure wouldn't know, since
I didn't get to watch the race.

What I do know is that the beef between the Roush Fenway Racing teammates didn't start today--it dates back at least to Kansas when the two made contact in the Busch race.

After the race, which Kenseth won, Edwards told the press,
[/align][blockquote]"Matt's a good guy. He probably didn't mean to do that." [/blockquote][align=center]But the scuttlebutt around the garage is that Edwards believes Kenseth intentionally tried to take him out of contention for the championship and apparently tried to get in Kenseth's face after that race, too, to tell him as much.

I think Edwards might be a little egotistical and paranoid to think that, especially considering he's got the championship locked up. I think Kenseth agrees:

[/align][blockquote]"We just barely skimmed sides. I guess that must have caused a hole in his oil cooler and wrecked him twice, and everything else must have been our fault."[/blockquote][align=center]But judging by his aggressiveness in the video clip, Edwards definitely has a beef about something.

[/align]
If you're taking bets,Space's money's on Edwards.
[align=center][/align]
Click below to Watch Vid
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align][/align][/align]