NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR `Atlanta - Update 3-10-08

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Atlanta Motor Speedway 3-09-08@

JR
Edwards
Gordon

Old 03-08-2008, 11:45 PM

Gordon

The Kid Jr.

Harvick

(Check those Oil Reservoir Covers, boys ... we don't want ant falling off!)

Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: NASCAR `Atlanta - U Pick Top `3 -: )

[align=center]NASCAR UPDATE[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Kenseth wins Atlanta NNS race
Congrat's `Matt
[align=center]Written by Administrator & MCF `Space : ) [/align]
[:-]
[align=center]Kenseth holds off Harvick for Nationwide win
By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service
HAMPTON, Ga. (March 8, 2008) -- Matt Kenseth may not have had the dominant car in Saturday's Nicorette 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, but his No. 17 Ford was first to the finish line.

Benefitting from Kyle Busch's blown tire, which took the dominant car out of contention, Kenseth held off Kevin Harvick by .159 seconds during a green-white-checkered-flag finish that took the race three laps beyond its scheduled distance. The win was Kenseth's first of the year and 24th in the series.

Busch, who finished 24th, had led 153 of 170 laps when his right front tire exploded at the entry to Turn 1. Busch's No. 20 Toyota slammed into the outside wall, ending his chance to lead the championship standings in all three of NASCAR's top series entering Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500 Sprint Cup race.

"I knew Kyle opened the door for everybody," Kenseth said. "There was no way anybody was going to beat him on speed. But he kind of opened the door, and we were able to get to the front and take advantage of it."

Harvick, the 2006 champion, took the series lead by 25 points over 2007 champ Carl Edwards, who ran fourth. Jeff Burton was third and Bobby Labonte fifth. Brad Keselowski, Mike Bliss, Kasey Kahne, Jason Leffler and David Reutimann completed the top 10.

"I think we were better than the 17," Harvick said, "but he was better than we were for a couple of laps."

Harvick felt he lost the race in the pits on Lap 172, when a slow stop dropped him from first to sixth in the running order.

"We fell behind on that final pit stop and didn't have enough time to recover from it," Harvick said. "When you have opportunities like this, you've got to take advantage of them."

The demise of Busch's dominant car sparked the hopes of those who had been chasing him. After pit stops under the caution caused by Busch's accident, David Ragan restarted in the lead with 20 laps left in the 195-lap event.

Ragan's advantage was short-lived. On Lap 177, Burton surged into the lead, pulling the No. 17 Ford of Matt Kenseth with him. Burton, whose No. 29 Richard Childress Racing Chevy won the owners championship last year, held the lead until Kenseth claimed the top spot with a pass to the outside on Lap 186.

Three laps later, as Dale Earnhardt Jr. pulled to the inside of Eric McClure's No. 24 Chevrolet, McClure spun and triggered a multicar crash that also destroyed the No. 41 Dodge of Bryan Clauson and crumpled the hood of Earnhardt's No. 5 Chevy.

Kenseth led Harvick to a restart with three laps left, but debris from David Ragan's car, which faltered approaching the line, brought a quick end to the green-flag condition. That set up the two-lap dash to the finish.
[/align][align=center]
Ky.Busch wins Atlanta CTS race [/align][align=center]Congrat's Ky[/align][align=center][:-]
Written by Administrator & `MCF Space : )
[b]Kyle Busch Wins For Third Time In Atlanta
By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service
HAMPTON, Ga. (March 7, 2008) -- Benefitting from an astute call from the pits, Kyle Busch held off Ron Hornaday Jr. on Friday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway to win the American Commercial Lines 200, the second straight victory for the NASCAR

Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM

1. JR
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Martin Truex, Jr

Old 03-09-2008, 04:52 PM

[align=center]Win, Place & Show[/align][align=center]@[/align][align=center] Atlanta Motor Speedway [/align][align=center]1. Kyle B.[/align][align=center]2. DirtyTony [/align][align=center]3. Dale `Jr[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]4. G. Biffle[/align][align=center]5. Jeff Gordon[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Carl Edwards led 33 laps & had prob's : ([/align][align=center]No 3peat 4 Carl[/align][align=center]Member's, how did you do ?[/align][align=center]What did you think of the Race ?[/align][align=center]Post, & let us know.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM

Dirty Tony Stewarts dogs Good Year Tires [X(]
Stated the worst tire he has ever Raced `on : (
He wasn't happy [X(]
He's not go'in 2 shower for a month or more
& dedicatehis stink 2 Good Year

Old 03-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't watch ti.. I was washing/polishing/waxing my car, and polishing my wheels and tips, plus shining my tires, AND washing my car cover however, I listened to it all unfold on the radio. sounded kind of boring. Tony Stewart went through a crybaby phase over the tires about 5 years ago now....

First they complain that the tires are too hard.. tire strategy doesn't even hardly have a role... now the tires are crap and need to be hardened up again. make up your mind Tony

Old 03-09-2008, 07:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Congratulations to those darn non-chevy drivers.

Edwards would have had it but.......oh well!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Maybe Carl needs to have the oil tank enclosure cover off to make it the entire 500 miles!! (just kidding) I'm no Ford fan but the Roush cars do run very well! I have no comment on the Toyota win because as far as I'm concerned they should not even be in the series.(just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions

Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: bowtietech

Maybe Carl needs to have the oil tank enclosure cover off to make it the entire 500 miles!! (just kidding) I'm no Ford fan but the Roush cars do run very well! I have no comment on the Toyota win because as far as I'm concerned they should not even be in the series.(just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions
Yes, Steve "Opinions are like rear ends,
everybody has one, some just stink more then
others"
I respect your opinions/contributions
I wish Carl Edwards drove for Chevy, but I do admire
Jack Roush for his knowledge/management style,
and his accomplishments.
NASCAR has gone Global : ( It's not the all american racing
sport anymore : ( It's a money sport, like many have become [X(].
I enjoy go kart racing, and local track racing more.
(plus I can still afford `it)
Yesterday was Toyota's first NASCAR Sprint Win.
I must give them credit for spendingtons of money $$,to gain
the equipment/talent to accomplish this goal.
Best Car/Engine/Team/Most Money/ReSearch/Driver/
Luck = Wins
Love `it, or Leave `it...It's a Money Game

Quick Reply: NASCAR `Atlanta - Update 3-10-08