NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

My Plans for 2014 and Beyond....

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Plans for 2014 and Beyond....

Hi guys;

In the spirit of drivers announcing plans for the year, sponsors, whatever... I decided to make my own announcement.

As the "chairman" of this league and the one who synthesized 'Space pick 3 plan into a championship, it has given me great pride in winning 2 of the 3 championships.

However, I feel it is a little unfair for the guy who has won the championship 66% of the time to also be the guy who has organized the league.

Going forward, I have made the following two choices;

1) I will not participate in every race of the 2014 season. I will still calculate the points for everyone, but I personally won't be picking for each race of the season as I have in the past three. I have been thinking about this since I won Martinsville and knew I had a good chance at the 2013 title. I've thought about it a lot over the off season in my spare time, and I have decided this is the most fair thing to do.

2) In the spirit of being the Resident Ford Man in these parts, I have decided that I will only pick Ford's, for better or for worse, for the 2014 season. That decision alone might have been enough to take the 2013 title away from me, but I digress

When I'm not in the picture, I find myself having fun cheering for other members too. I loved watching some of these Segment Battles come to the wire, I loved watching the championship battle of 2012 on this forum, and I want to do more of that and take away some of my prejudice by being able to cheer for others in those things more often.

So I'll probably sit out a few races I know Ford's aren't good at. I'm going to participate in every race at speed weeks, I'm going to participate at all short tracks and both of the road courses, and some of my favorite tracks like Charlotte, Atlanta, Talladega, and Homestead (being the Ford 400 after all), but I'm not going to worry about places like Kansas, Chicagoland, New Hampshire, and I'm up in the air about Indianapolis, Pocono, Las Vegas, California, Dover, and others.

So I wanted to throw that out there for all to know. I look forward to seeing you all contend for the 2014 title.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that is not fair! I have no problem with it. You put in the time, you should enjoy the league. Just shows you are the man!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sitting the season out is lame