NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Should Duane participate Full-Time
Yes- He deserves to
44.44%
No- He should let someone else win
0%
Yes - Because we will take his title
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Duanes announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Duanes announcement

Unless Duane thinks he would have more fun not participating, I think he should continue as he has. It is his league and he should try to win again if he can.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Here is his original post.

Hi guys;

In the spirit of drivers announcing plans for the year, sponsors, whatever... I decided to make my own announcement.

As the "chairman" of this league and the one who synthesized 'Space pick 3 plan into a championship, it has given me great pride in winning 2 of the 3 championships.

However, I feel it is a little unfair for the guy who has won the championship 66% of the time to also be the guy who has organized the league.

Going forward, I have made the following two choices;

1) I will not participate in every race of the 2014 season. I will still calculate the points for everyone, but I personally won't be picking for each race of the season as I have in the past three. I have been thinking about this since I won Martinsville and knew I had a good chance at the 2013 title. I've thought about it a lot over the off season in my spare time, and I have decided this is the most fair thing to do.

2) In the spirit of being the Resident Ford Man in these parts, I have decided that I will only pick Ford's, for better or for worse, for the 2014 season. That decision alone might have been enough to take the 2013 title away from me, but I digress

When I'm not in the picture, I find myself having fun cheering for other members too. I loved watching some of these Segment Battles come to the wire, I loved watching the championship battle of 2012 on this forum, and I want to do more of that and take away some of my prejudice by being able to cheer for others in those things more often.

So I'll probably sit out a few races I know Ford's aren't good at. I'm going to participate in every race at speed weeks, I'm going to participate at all short tracks and both of the road courses, and some of my favorite tracks like Charlotte, Atlanta, Talladega, and Homestead (being the Ford 400 after all), but I'm not going to worry about places like Kansas, Chicagoland, New Hampshire, and I'm up in the air about Indianapolis, Pocono, Las Vegas, California, Dover, and others.

So I wanted to throw that out there for all to know. I look forward to seeing you all contend for the 2014 title.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

3PEAT 3PEAT 3 PEAT. Whats the matter you getting cold feet Duane... sweating that you are going to flounder and not pull off a coveted 3peat? LOL, It's only a friendly pass time, I say your going down this time...

Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Haha, well, I was wondering why no one was responding!

I think I'm still going to try to do picking all Ford's this season. I might come back full time by popular demand.

My girlfriend is trying to talk me into going to California for a week or so in July. Might just take off those weeks.

You people know you can't beat me - I've never finished worse than 4th :-P

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I missed this announcement, but its dumb. Besides, I sat 2013 out, so you only beat me to one championship Duane.

I always treated the MCF Championship as seriously as anyone. I can't even type "MCF Championship" without capitalizing the letters! ITS THAT DANG IMPORTANT! But not really. I say it all in jest because it is simply more fun to treat it seriously. I've never felt slighted because I never won a Championship and have always been happy for whoever does win it.

Anyone who wins an actual Sprint Cup Championship wants to beat Jimmie Johnson to do it. It wouldn't be the same if they didn't have to. For the same reason, I wanna beat Duane!

Dale Jr and I will both win our 1st Championships in 2014!

Old 01-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with Brent, Jimmie Johnson isnt gonna sit out so someone else can win. He also isnt gonna change how he plays the game to give everyone else a better chance.

On a side note I think its funny that duane says he's fallen to the dark side and his Mustang looks like a stormtrooper.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
On a side note I think its funny that duane says he's fallen to the dark side and his Mustang looks like a stormtrooper.
Dontcha' wanna sneak to his house and stick a couple of Chevrolet badges on it tho? If I ever get the chance...

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 PM

Any one who wants to play should be able to play. So what if he wins alot, GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I actually don't "win" a lot... I win championships, but I've only won 4 races in 3 years.

Maybe I should change my policy to go away from "points racing" to aggressively picking to try to win more races.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:32 PM

15 Year Member

Sounds like we need to restructure the points system to reward more for wins...

Quick Reply: Duanes announcement