NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Members Picks @ Bristol ? Post them : )

Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Members Picks @ Bristol ? Post them : )

Tonight`s Race @ Bristol
Members, post you top (3)
Win-Place-Show
Winner gets free membership to the MCF
[:-]
Carl Edwards Snags Bristol Cup Pole Carl Edwards in the Roush/Fenway Racing Ford sits on the pole for Saturday nights race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Carl Edwards[/align]1 99 Carl Edwards
2 44 David Reutimann
3 24 Jeff Gordon
4 01 Regan Smith
5 21 Bill Elliott
6 29 Kevin Harvick
7 96 Ken Schrader
8 84 A.J. Allmendinger
9 18 Kyle Busch
10 19 Elliott Sadler
11 12 Ryan Newman
12 1 Martin Truex Jr.
13 9 Kasey Kahne
14 16 Greg Biffle
15 38 David Gilliland
16 15 Paul Menard
17 5 Casey Mears
18 31 Jeff Burton
19 2 Kurt Busch
20 70 Tony Raines

Read the rest of this entry ยป[/align]

Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Default RE: Members Picks @ Bristol ? Post them : )

[align=center]Pre-Race begins @ 7PM EST on ESPN[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Space Picks[/align][align=center]1. Jeff Gordon[/align][align=center]2. Kyle Busch[/align][align=center]3. Martin Truex Jr.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]* Carl Edwards is on a hot streak, & Maybe Kasey K[/align][align=center]will be a long shot.[/align][align=center]EnJoy the Race, and may your favorite driver win.[/align][align=center]If you don`t have cable like the bums & I,[/align][align=center]it will be on the radio : )[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-24-2008, 06:10 AM

August 24 2008
Race Recap: Edwards Nudges Busch for Bristol Win
Posted by: Kerry Murphey in News

Edwards wins Bristol - CIA Stock Photo[/align]NSCS Race Recap: Edwards Doubles Up On Kyle Busch At Bristol
By Reid Spencer
Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service

(August 23, 2008)

BRISTOL, Tenn. โ€” For the second straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, Carl Edwards beat Kyle Busch when it counted.

Executing an adroit bump and run on Lap 470, Edwards passed for the lead and pulled away over the final 30 laps Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway, winning the Sharpie 500 by 1.969 seconds over Busch.

With the win, his sixth of the season and the 13th of his career, Edwards secured a position in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and trimmed Buschโ€™s bonus points margin to 30. Unhappy with the way Edwards passed him for the lead, Busch bumped Edwardsโ€™ No. 99 Ford after the checkered flag.

Edwards bumped back, and Buschโ€™s No. 18 Toyota went spinning. To make matters worse, NASCAR summoned Busch to the sanctioning bodyโ€™s transporter after the race.

Read the rest of this entry ยป

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Race Recap: Edwards Nudges Busch for Bristol Win", url: "http://finallapradio.com/2008/08/24/race-recap-edwards-nudges-busch-for-bristol-win/" });
ShareThisTags: bristol, bump, bump-and-run, Carl Edwards, chase, hauler, Kyle Busch, M&M's, Office Depot, penalty, post race, rivalry, run, wins, wrecks[/align] No Comments ยป

Aug 23 2008 [/align][/align]
Kyle Busch Angry With Carl EdwardsPosted by: Kerry Murphey in News[/align]
Kyle Busch Bristol Post-Race Questions and Answers:

Q. Carl said that after the race your indiscernible โ€œWell, what happened was I kind of ran into him.โ€ Does it cut any ice at all that he at least admitted how he won?
KYLE BUSCH: No, because he does that and heโ€™ll always come back and say heโ€™s sorry. He did it at Milwaukee and heโ€™s done it a few other times. Itโ€™s just his normal fashion. Thatโ€™s fine. Iโ€™ve grown to know that now. You know, to pass a guy, to hit him getting into the corners and chatters is very tired, is what he did. But I tried to get him back, but I thought better of it and tried to pull down and pass him back. But I didnโ€™t have a good enough car to stick, and Denny got to his outside and he got by me, and then I had to battle with him towards the end. We were as clean as could be, of course, but just one other dude we had a problem with.

Q. Carl suggested that is a rivalry now. Would you agree with that or would you just keep racing the field?
KYLE BUSCH: How many do I need.

Q. Do you anticipate any kind of a penalty from NASCAR for running into Carl after the race?
KYLE BUSCH: Couldnโ€™t tell you. Itโ€™s NASCARโ€™s decision and their discretion. He spun me out. So I just, you know, got into him a little bit and let him know that I didnโ€™t appreciate the way he passed me and he retaliated and ended up spinning me out. So, couldnโ€™t tell you.

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Kyle Busch Angry With Carl Edwards", url: "http://finallapradio.com/2008/08/23/kyle-busch-angry-with-carl-edwards/" });
ShareThisTags: angry, bristol, bump, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, penalty, run[/align] No Comments ยป[/align]

Aug 23 2008 [/align][/align]
Edwards Uses Bump-And-Run to Beat BuschPosted by: Kerry Murphey in News[/align]
Carl Edwards uses a late race bump-and-run on Kyle Busch to take home his second win in a row. Kyle led 415 laps and was not too pleased with the tap Carl applied to the 18. Busch was called to the NASCAR hauler for a chat after the race.
BRISTOL TOP 10
10 David Ragan
9 Matt Kenseth
8 Tony Stewart
7 Clint Bowyer
6 Ryan Newman
5 Jeff Gordon
4 Kevin Harvick
3 Denny Hamlin - a much needed good run for the 11 team
2 Kyle Busch led 415 laps and was called to NASCARโ€™s hauler for some post-race beatinโ€™ and banginโ€™ with Carl Edwards
VICTORY LANE
1 Carl Edwards uses the bump-in-run on the 18 and takes the win from the pole, itโ€™s his 2nd in a row, 6th of the year, and 2nd at Bristol.
OTHER STORIES ON THE DAY
Several Chase Drivers had problems
-Dale Earnhardt Jr. jumped the very start of the race, got black flagged and basically ended his chances at a good finish. He ends up 18th.
-Jimmie Johnson got wrecked with Sterling Marlin, the 48 was 33rd.
-Jeff Burton was wrecked hard and finished the night 42nd.
-Kasey Kahne also got caught up in a big wreck and his 9 machine was 40th.[/align][/align]

Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it was a good race Carl probably earned a lot of new fans for that post race stuff

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 AM

Hi Cowboy & Members,
I did not get to listen to the race, I 4-got to bring my radio to work.
From the Sports News this morning and NASCAR.com, it seems
like it was a great race : )
I am not a fan of Kyle Busch, but I do admire his talent.
I was happy to hear that Carl Edwards won, even though he
is driving a Ford. He might have a good chance of a Championship.
I wonder if he did his flip last night ?
And the chase continues.
I`d race`em on a Skate or Surf Board
lol - lol

Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

o yes, he always does the backflip (except when he won Milwaukee in the Nationwide this year)