NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Kyle Busch Parked at Texas

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I applaud your writing to M&M's Wayne. When I first read their reply to you, I was thinking it sounds like a typical corporate politically correct response. "We don't condone this kind of poor sportsmanship" blah, blah, blah.

I did notice they don't mention KB on their M&M's Racing webpage. The only mention of him is archive pictures and the link to M&M's Racing gear on nascar's website.

Realistically, once things blow over with KB and he serves what ever discipline he gets, I think KB's name and face will re-appear on M&M's website.

Many drivers have intentionally wrecked other drivers and didn't lose their sponsors. After all, let's face it. When you have a controversial driver on the track, everybody is watching him and his car. And guess what they're seeing? The sponsor's name all over it. Sometimes sponsors don't care how their name gets noticed, as long as it gets noticed.

I think M&M's rather have their logo on KB's car, then some nobody who never finishes higher than 30th place.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bad press is still press.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I doin't recall anyone boycotting Scotts, Aflac, or Subway... no one so far has addressed NASCAR's inconsistency in calls. Plus, do you guys think this is the end of "Boys, have at it!"

Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 PM

Yes I do think it is the end of the ''boys have at it". Im not sure if there is any inconsistency because I don't think anyone has ever punted someone into the wall at full speed under caution before.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 PM

5 Year Member

I'm apparently the only one who thinks what Edwards did was worse. For one, Hornaday directly drove into Busch. Keselowski just pushed into a corner and caused the air to get off Edwards at Atlanta. Edwards put Keselowski into the fence at 190 mph under green. Busch didn't bring out a caution by wrecking Hornaday under caution. He also wrecked Hornaday at nearly half the speed as Edwards wrecked Keselowski.

The only reason everyone is so upset is because Kyle Busch did it. If we took names off of it and put the two scenarios in front of you without you knowing who did what to who, then everyone would say Carl Edwards was more in the wrong, yet Kyle Busch got the steeper penalty.

Therefore, NASCAR needs to be more consistent in their officating.... that's my belief, that's my point. An Army of One here!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 PM

For me it's the fact that it happened under caution in the Busch case. I'm not sure if maybe NASCAR didn't have enough evidence that it case to penalize Edwards more. All in all you are right the do need to be consistent in all there rulings but I don't know if they ever will be. There are too many gray areas in there rule books.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree the KyBu thing was worse because it was under caution. I also thinks it going to far to say Hornaday drove into Pyle. He got loose racing for the lead and brushed Pyle on the way to hitting the wall himself. If Pyle had any rationality he could have seen that was not Hornaday's intentions and that Hornaday every right to be racing that hard.

Under yellow is a non-racing condition in which Hornaday should not be reasonably expecting a retaliation. Its like hitting someone after the play. That's dirtier then spear tackling.

I also think it was reasonably clear that Carls retaliation again Brad was not as controlled as Pyle's hit on Hornaday. Carl tapped Brad, then momentum took over. Pyle pushed Hornaday up to speed, then spun him right around.

If MJ's doctor can get manslaughter for being a bad doctor, then Pyle Buschit should be charged with attemped vehicular manslaughter

Old 11-09-2011, 07:36 AM

5 Year Member

What speed would you rather be wrecked at.... 100 or so mph under cautino, or 195 mph under green flag? Waht Kyle Busch did was not much to slow down a race that was already slowed. Carl Edwards brought out a yellow and manipulated the entire finish of a race, bringing that to I believe 2 or 3 green white checkered finishes. The race was going to play out under green!

Ron Hornaday should have realized that 1) He was closing in on a car going 20 mph slower than him and 2) Kyle Busch was on hisw outside. Kyle Busch should have realized that 1) If Ron Hornaday was a decent driver at all, he wouldn't be looking for a ride right now and wouldn't have spend 20 some odd years as a 3rd rank driver in NASCAR divisions.

how in the heck you guys say that this incident being under caution makes it worse, I do'nt know. I think you guys should follow your logic to say that taking a car out under green flag is also better than talking to a guy after a race about it and punching him out in person or something (like when richard Childress beat up Kyle Busch... though Childress doesn't have a car to race himself)

As another driver in the race ,you probably want the race to stay green and race it out. When a guy keeps on bringing out cautions because he isn't happy with naother driver, it pisses you off. Cautions breed cautions. Bunching cars up on restarts sets you up for large wrecks that can take a lot of good trucks or cars out of a race. When Edwards wrecked Keselowski at Atlanta, about 5-10 more cars ended upgetting some damage in the ensuing restarts. Did it make it fun to watch? Oh yeah. Was it fair ot the drivers who got caught up in those wrecks that they lost a good finish and their owners ended up with $200,000 worth of damage to a car because Carl Edwards had to go be a knuckle head?

This isn't baseball or football or a wrestling match where hitting someone after a play is fowl. This is racing. It's much different. If we were playing football, I would agree with Brent. But racing is a lot differnet. And I feel that Kyle Busch did better to retaliate under caution than waiting for a green flag myself.

Either way, Istill feel the best way to deal with this was after the race. After the bell has rung, whistle has blwon, whatever.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Yeah, we got NASCAR.com, 'Space....

Hi `Duane, I'm glad U got `it....Some may not `if they are not into NASCAR Racing & reading the MCF Threads on racing.
p.s. I agree with `Brent , but I respect your rights to your own opinions 4-Sure...Peace/Out

Thanks Mod `Wayne...The ReVolt/Revolution begins + I'm out of M&M's

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM

5 Year Member

Well guys.. Brad Keselowski has been on his Facetube and Twitter page talking about how he is hearing some "crazy rumors" about Kyle Busch, and is hoping it isn't true. When asked what type, just said "The bad kind" Then he said that Busch is a great competitior who makes a lot of people angry, but last weeks punishment was bad enough and he hopes to race against Kyle Busch for years to come.

Quick Reply: Kyle Busch Parked at Texas