NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Kyle Busch Parked at Texas

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, we got NASCAR.com, 'Space....

I just feel like NASCAR now stands for Not Adminstering Systematic Calls At Races. I feel like Carl Edwards crashing KEselowski was more dangerous and probably less called for than what Busch did to Hornaday. The punishments are not congruent with one another. I feel like NASCAR thinks that Kyle Busch is less popular and his suspension from the sport will be a more popular decision than had they suspended Carl Edwards. Edwards is the kind of guy this sport wants to see win this championship and be a face for the sport becasue he looks good, he speaks smoothly, and he wins people over. He sells merchandise. He's good for publicity. Most people like him.

Kyle Busch sells merchandise, but he is a polarizing figure with a majority being against him. IT is a much more popular move ot suspend Kyle Busch than to suspend Carl Edwards

As I said, NASCAR needs to make more consisstent calls.

Remember Daytona when they made David Ragan start at the back of the line in the 500 for moving over before crossing that line? Well, Jimmy Spencer did a good job of calling NASCAR out on taht move.

LINK: Jimmy's Take: February 23rd 2011 - YouTube

Old 11-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Honestly if u do crap like that under caution or any intentional wrecking u should be penalized & the penalty should go along with the severity of the incident & if ur in another series & mess up someone's run for a championship cuz ur pissed off they rubbed u the wrong way than u should be penalized for sure honestly I think NASCAR needs to put an end to drivers running in other series for fun, if ur a cup driver u stay in cup & etc...

Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That wreck was pure malice. Worst wreck I ever seen under caution.

I don't think this one is that comparible to other happenings. Richmond in 2008 KyBy was trying to win when he wrecked Jr. In this weekends truck race Pyle was totally out of line when he ended a championship contenders chance by dangerously wrecking Hornaday under non-racing conditions, clearly on the account of retaliation and poor perspective. He probably did $300,000 damage to trucks alone.

How do you think the sponsors feel? Do ya think M&M's paid their $15,000,000 to have Micheal McDowell in the car?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:25 AM

Yeah at Richmond Kyle was trying to win but anyone watching that race could see clear as day where Kyle turned his wheel hard right when he got up with Jr's fender. Jr got lucky that he wasn't spun into the wall on such a small track. My point with that was that Kyle has a history of intentionally wrecking people. And yes, I do agree that the crap he pulled Friday was far worse.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with you mike and juniorcar 100%. There was no concern for Hornaday or anyone else on the track for that matter. He is supposed to be a Professional and he needs to learn to have some restraint. The sponsors and fans are the ones who suffer the most. Also I wonder if he would have been suspended if he was leading the cup points.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Also I wonder if he would have been suspended if he was leading the cup points.
I was wondering that too.

Recently (at Talladega) MWR's 3 cars were all caught with a windshield infracture or "unapproved parts" on their cars. All 3 crew chiefs were suspended and a buncha fines were handed out. Earlier this year, when all 3 JGR cars broke the exact same rule (with illegal overweighted oil pans) no suspensions were given out. I suspect this was because Pyle Buschit and Denny Hamster were Chase contenders and "untouchable"

My guess is that they would have done nothing to Pyle if he was still in contention for the Championship, even though he took Hornadays Championship away.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I thought I'd share a communication I just received from Mars, Inc. I told them I was boycotting their brands, including Pedigree dog food, until K.B. was no longer their driver. This is what they responded with:

"Dear Wayne,

In response to your email regarding M&M'S BRAND NASCAR RACING TEAM.

The recent actions demonstrated by Kyle Busch are not consistent with the values of Mars, Incorporated and we are very disappointed. We do not condone this behavior and expect those who represent our company and brands to abide by the same values our company stands for. We have expressed our strong concerns directly to Joe Gibbs Racing.

Sincerely,

Consumer Care
Mars Chocolate North America "

I intend on sending them a photo of a empty 40# bag of Pedigree (1 weeks supply) alongside a fresh bag of a competitors brand the same size. I figure seeing it might hit home harder than just saying it.

I'll update any new responses they send

Old 11-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Better keep after them. They know this will blow over as soon as the season is over and won't worry about it.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 AM

15 Year Member

That's awesome Wayne! I know M&M's is really pissed about this. Someone pointed out to me that the official M&M's Racing website now lists everyone on the team... except Kyle busch! They actually removed his name from their website. You getting it done Wayne! So keep at 'em!

Who exactly did you email Wayne? I'll join in...

Last edited by JuniorCar; 11-08-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 AM

I know that I'm going to STOP buying & Eat'in "Pedigree `Dog Food 4-Sure
-----------------------------------------------------
Mod `Wayne, you are start'in a Revolution

Last edited by Space; 11-08-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Kyle Busch Parked at Texas