NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Kurt Busch may just win a race next year...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012 | 02:11 PM
|

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member
Default Kurt Busch may just win a race next year...

Phoenix Racing to run Nationwide with Busch - Jan 09, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

Turns out, that team is going to put him in their Nationwide car. He may just luck up and win one!

Old 01-09-2012 | 02:28 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Nationwide he might have a chance to win one

Old 01-09-2012 | 06:22 PM

James Finchs operation is actually better than most people think. He gets his chasis and motors from hendrick motorsports just like Stewart-Haas does. Actually i think finch might actually get the whole cars prepared by hendrick.

Old 01-09-2012 | 07:07 PM
|

5 Year Member

I could see that going either way.

On one hand, you're begging for table scraps. Ryan Newman had another mediocre year, Hendrick cars only won about 5 races this year, Martin was way off, Earnhardt Jr. still didn't win, yet had a descent year, none were in the Top 5 in points... you have to think those top 4 cars are going to be first priority at Hendrick.

Stewart won the championship with a Hendrick car... about the only thing going for them leaving 2011, really.

So with 6 teams covered, I have to think that Finch is begging for table scraps from Rick Hendrick.

But Hendrick also has some of the toughest standards of the industy for his products. He refuses to be down long, and he will probably bounce back solidly next year.

Old 01-09-2012 | 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I could see that going either way.

On one hand, you're begging for table scraps. Ryan Newman had another mediocre year, Hendrick cars only won about 5 races this year, Martin was way off, Earnhardt Jr. still didn't win, yet had a descent year, none were in the Top 5 in points... you have to think those top 4 cars are going to be first priority at Hendrick.

Stewart won the championship with a Hendrick car... about the only thing going for them leaving 2011, really.

So with 6 teams covered, I have to think that Finch is begging for table scraps from Rick Hendrick.

But Hendrick also has some of the toughest standards of the industy for his products. He refuses to be down long, and he will probably bounce back solidly next year.

If you look at it though everyone has such high standards for hendrick motorsports after jj winning 5 straight championships. just having 3 cars in the chase and them finishing 5-6-7 in points is actually a decent year. even though jr didnt win he was in position to win atleast 4-5 races if you look back at it.

Old 01-09-2012 | 10:04 PM
|

5 Year Member

It's a solid year if you look at finishes alone. But I remember watching a lot of those races and quite frankly, the Hendrick cars just finished a lot better tahn they ran, kind of like Roush a couple of years ago. They had cars that ran in the teens yet finished top 10 some days. Jimmie and Jeff both blew a couple of engines. Jr almost didn't make the chase. Their 1.5 mile program was off this year. Their wins came at Pocono, Phoenix, Atlanta, Talladega, and Kansas. 2 of those are 1.5s, but considering 1.5s are like half the schedule....

Either way, your never goign to be getting as good of equipment as Johnson, Gordon, and Stewart are getting. You're not necessarily asking to have junk on your hood... just not quite up to what it could be. The infrastructure to execute with the equipment, the information that Hendrick ahs all the time, lags behind some at Phoenix Racing. I know it's an interesting group, but I still just don't see it going well. Kurt Busch is goign to get a lot of humbling this yea.r

Old 01-09-2012 | 10:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I watched the Nationwide series for years but I don't anymore. Back then it seemed like the cup drivers that drove on Saturday had a better day on Sunday. Sure the nationwide cars are different and so is the competition but you are still out there turning laps on the track.

Old 01-09-2012 | 10:47 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Honestly i think they need to do away with the cup drivers in nationwide & let nationwide drivers go for wins insted of just trying to get top 5s & 10s & i agree about the Hendrick deal youll nvr get as good of stuff as his cars get but it wont be junk either

Old 01-13-2012 | 01:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Kurt Busch fastest in practice today 206mph in the 51. I dont think its live but winter testing at Daytona.

Old 01-13-2012 | 02:01 PM
|

5 Year Member

I think they need to open up their restricter plates about from their 15/16th to 31/32nds or a whole inch even... the faster tehy make them, the less efficient that draft is. Give them more power, ti's what the fans want, and lets see what happens.

Quick Reply: Kurt Busch may just win a race next year...