NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

An Important Message for MCF NASCAR Fantasy Players

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question raceing

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
The best way to talk to them is money. If my cable box reports i dudnt watch then thats less people they can claim aee advertisements. Hopefully if it gets bad enough theyll do something
You are 100% correct and you can see that the stands are not as full as they were back in the late 90's and early 2k's I can remember when you had to fight for the tickets and everyone wanted collectables and now I can call and get a ticket the day before the race. they really ran it into the ground
My collectables are not worth as much as they were back in the day.
I used to watch all the Races and Tape them as well. Now I don't really care. Sometimes I catch the race and sometimes I don't.
Here is a photo some one took of me during the 2007 race in Kansas City and the place was fairly packed today if you got crazy with water balloons you might not hit anyone.

Attached Thumbnails An Important Message for MCF NASCAR Fantasy Players-2007_0415image0002.jpg   An Important Message for MCF NASCAR Fantasy Players-kc-race-06-2-.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
KC Race 06 (2).bmp (2.25 MB, 112 views)

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-23-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: photo
Old 02-23-2016, 07:58 PM

The best way to talk to them is money. If my cable box reports i dudnt watch then thats less people they can claim aee advertisements. Hopefully if it gets bad enough theyll do something

Hi `Duane, I hope you are right & that people will not watch or support in hopes it changes for the better, but I really don't think so if this years 500 is any indication...One of the guys @ work paid $5oo a ticket & the 500 was sold out they made multi millions +,
yes, sadly it's become a big money game like so many other corporations...The rich get richer & the poor get poorer...
Look at just the net worth of the drivers.....WOW...

I hope it changes, but I'm not holding my breath... It's sad, but it seems the way the world is today...

Good to see you online...Don't be a stranger. I don't own a Monte, but there's great people here 4-Sure...Wish you the best 4-Real

Daytona 500 Ticket Price History - 2016 Face Values Up ...

blog.t3consortium.com/daytona500ticketprices/

Jan 22, 2016 - 2016- Face value of Daytona 500 tickets – Up Across the Board ... Make sure you post how much you remember paying for a face value ticket for the Daytona... Buying a High Bank Suite for 50 people would cost $122,400.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Yep it's all about the dollar now in NASCAR. They do not care at all about the fans that built the sport. They care more about TV deals.

Thanks for your work Duane. Thanks for taking over Sgt. Drew.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi guys;

For the past 5 years, I have happily conducted the fantasy league on this forum. It has led to many great memories and certainly made watching the racing an enjoyable experience, and the commarederie we have shared has been unlike any other fantasy league I've ever been a part of.

However, I have created this thread to inform you all of my retirement from conducting this league, as I am handing over the reigns to SupplySgt Drew to begin conducting this league in the same manner as I have beginning this week with the race in Atlanta Motor Speedway. I have taken Drew under my wing to teach him how to keep the points in Excel, which should save him countless hours, and he has also conducted fantasy Xfinity races for the past year, so hopefully he knows what he is getting into!

As for my reasoning for doing this, it is certainly not any personal grievance with anyone here, rather it is a grievance I hold with the sport of NASCAR. I'm tired of entertainment debris cautions. I'm tired of water bottles determining restarts that ultimately determine championships. I'm tired of what I consider a minimum of 3 of hte past 4 pole sitters for the Daytona 500 to be a set up. I'm tired of NASCAR changing the rules mid race last year at Talladega and letting Harvick smash the field twice. NASCAR sees itself as a media production, I've heard that from people inside the business, and they even refer to their drivers as the "stars" instead of the "talent" or the "drivers."

Ultimately, as Richard Petty said, it's more of a show now than it is a race, and I'm not interested in watching a show. I'm interested in watching a race. I plan to carry my love of racing to IMSA series and Indy car going forward. And due to this change, I will no longer be able to watch and conduct NASCAR fantasy points in a timely and heartfelt manner.

And Drew, if you need a reliever here and there, I'll still be happy to come in and do it.

Thank you all for joining me for this ride, and I hope you all will continue to enjoy the ride with Drew at the wheel.
Thanks Cowboy lot of fun Sarge will do great!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

So i decide to retire and now the SHR cars are coming to Ford.... I might come back next year!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Cool

So i decide to retire and now the SHR cars are coming to Ford.... I might come back next year!

Hi `Duane, I heard about that today & thought of you Big Loss for Chevrolet and big gain for FORD

Stewart-Haas move to Ford could be shock wave for NASCAR
Don't wait to come back at least stay and post your picks. Take a break from putting & creating the thread & let Sgt Major`Drew help out & you could be a team working the thread.

I hope you stick around 4-Sure...I know it's time consuming & you never know when `Drew might not be able to post the NASCAR Thread, so it's better that you are still here
Below link has a vid

Stewart-Haas Racing leaving Chevrolet for Ford in 2017
^ Click above link

7 hours ago - In a stroke of shrewd business and stunning message control, SHRannounced on ... Stewart-Haas move to Ford could be shock wave for NASCAR ... Jim Campbell, Chevrolet's vice president of performance vehicles and ... title in 2011 and Harvick coming aboard to captured his first crown at NASCAR's ...

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-24-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:12 PM

Guys, I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words. Duane came to me the day after the Unlimited and asked if I wanted to take over for him. Took some time to think about it and here we are. Duane left some big shoes to fill, and I'll do my best to keep the ship running smoothly.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hear ya and feel the same Duane. I figure all of the last 4 pole sitters were fixed. I have totally lost faith in NASCAR and that is why I removed my signature. I actually watched Daytona (the wife insisted), but it was the first race I watched since Talladega last year - that was the last straw. Rules have been manipulated obviously, and I can't help but suspect that a lot more has been manipulated that we can't see.

I am done with NASCAR. I actually threw away all my Dale Jr gear and it was a lot of stuff. Right into a dumpster it went - I didn't even want the clothes recirculating through a second hand store by donating them. I keep the #8 Budweiser gear because I do still love my car. The only reason I continued to play this game was because of the friends here and I don't want to be a poor sport. However, I don't want to tune in or support NASCAR websites. So I've basically been ignoring NASCAR and I won't likely be continuing to play this game here.

It's sad, but I'm also kinda glad that someone else feels the same as I do.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Default Sorry `Brent

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I hear ya and feel the same Duane. I figure all of the last 4 pole sitters were fixed. I have totally lost faith in NASCAR and that is why I removed my signature. I actually watched Daytona (the wife insisted), but it was the first race I watched since Talladega last year - that was the last straw. Rules have been manipulated obviously, and I can't help but suspect that a lot more has been manipulated that we can't see.

I am done with NASCAR. I actually threw away all my Dale Jr gear and it was a lot of stuff. Right into a dumpster it went - I didn't even want the clothes recirculating through a second hand store by donating them. I keep the #8 Budweiser gear because I do still love my car. The only reason I continued to play this game was because of the friends here and I don't want to be a poor sport. However, I don't want to tune in or support NASCAR websites. So I've basically been ignoring NASCAR and I won't likely be continuing to play this game here.

Hi `Brent, that's really Extreme & I hope that if the majority of fans don't like it or feel the same as as you ?, can protest by not watching or attending NASCAR event (?) I hope the fans that don't like it (?) >don't just accept it & become Sheeple for NASCAR.
(Accepts the things they don't like & still support)

I wish you would've given your NASCAR Stuff to a charity to sell & put the profits to good (?)

I'm not a fan like you are & I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I hope it works out & things change for the better.
In our world there are so many sports events to watch/participate & enjoy. If you depart NASCAR, I hope that you find another that you will enjoy >Good Luck<
================================================== ===

Sgt Major`Drew, good luck on your New Assignment & Missions 4-Sure

Old 02-26-2016, 11:41 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar

I hope you keep the can coozie!!!

I think I'm going to be doing the math this week since Drew will be road tripping from here in NC back to his place in Oklahoma. I'll have to touch base with him on that. We need to get a picture, I plan to meet him in Carthage, NC at a BBQ restaurant that has a small runway for private planes out'back....

Only in NC....