NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

An Important Message for MCF NASCAR Fantasy Players

Old 02-23-2016, 10:42 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default An Important Message for MCF NASCAR Fantasy Players

Hi guys;

For the past 5 years, I have happily conducted the fantasy league on this forum. It has led to many great memories and certainly made watching the racing an enjoyable experience, and the commarederie we have shared has been unlike any other fantasy league I've ever been a part of.

However, I have created this thread to inform you all of my retirement from conducting this league, as I am handing over the reigns to SupplySgt Drew to begin conducting this league in the same manner as I have beginning this week with the race in Atlanta Motor Speedway. I have taken Drew under my wing to teach him how to keep the points in Excel, which should save him countless hours, and he has also conducted fantasy Xfinity races for the past year, so hopefully he knows what he is getting into!

As for my reasoning for doing this, it is certainly not any personal grievance with anyone here, rather it is a grievance I hold with the sport of NASCAR. I'm tired of entertainment debris cautions. I'm tired of water bottles determining restarts that ultimately determine championships. I'm tired of what I consider a minimum of 3 of hte past 4 pole sitters for the Daytona 500 to be a set up. I'm tired of NASCAR changing the rules mid race last year at Talladega and letting Harvick smash the field twice. NASCAR sees itself as a media production, I've heard that from people inside the business, and they even refer to their drivers as the "stars" instead of the "talent" or the "drivers."

Ultimately, as Richard Petty said, it's more of a show now than it is a race, and I'm not interested in watching a show. I'm interested in watching a race. I plan to carry my love of racing to IMSA series and Indy car going forward. And due to this change, I will no longer be able to watch and conduct NASCAR fantasy points in a timely and heartfelt manner.

And Drew, if you need a reliever here and there, I'll still be happy to come in and do it.

Thank you all for joining me for this ride, and I hope you all will continue to enjoy the ride with Drew at the wheel.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Drew Congrats
I understand 100% I almost didn't even start this year because of whats going on with NASCAR over the last couple of years. For the first time since 1985 I didn't watch the race at all this year not even after on my DVR I just looked up the results.
Only time will tell what I am going to do with the 2016 season but don't even think about it if you don't see me in the picks for the week

Old 02-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Unhappy >Sorry to see you depart<

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 View Post
Hi guys;

As for my reasoning for doing this, it is certainly not any personal grievance with anyone here,.

Hi `Duane,
I am really sorry to read your post & I was happy to read
that is was not for any grievance with the MCF.
I don't follow NASCAR that closely, but I can understand
the frustration when a fun event changes for $'s or a
multitude of other reasons.

I've read many of your numerous posts on the MCF & I know
that `Space always wanted to meet you. Space was always
telling the seniors about you & showing them your posts
& pictures. I even remember your graduation.

I sure hope you return to the MCF with updates on your life
and adventures.
I wish you the very best in life.
You will be missed.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Thanks for all you've done Duane, and i will agree the races just aren't as interesting as they used to be. I remember being able to watch the whole race and stay interested and its just not possible anymore.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM

5 Year Member

Mike, you need to get the Space man and yourself up on Facebook!

I'm going to be in Daytona for the Spring Turkey Run at the end of March. You guys should come up for the show!

Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Thumbs up >U will `be missed 4-Sure<

Mike, you need to get the Space man and yourself up on Facebook!

I'm going to be in Daytona for the Spring Turkey Run at the end of March. You guys should come up for the show!

Hi `Duane,
Sadly to report to you that Space had a accident & then a stroke & is now in a neurological rehab center in Sweden. He doesn't remember anyone, but smiles when he see's his girlfriend. I really, really miss him.

I will be leaving shortly to go back to the islands & won't be in Florida, but I still hope that we can meet in the future. From sitting next to space many times when he was on the MCF, I feel like I already know you & your family + your build & collections of super cars. We all watched & seen your posts on your rebuilding of your super Torino...You sure are blessed with talent 4-Sure. I enjoyed all your updates.

I sure hope you still visit the MCF & post some updates of your Life and adventures. There's still some old time member's here & you sure have contributed a lot to the MCF

Wish you a great life. >EnJoy<
Sincerely Bum `Mike

Old 02-23-2016, 05:36 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thank you for all you have done for the MCF Duane!!

Old 02-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
5 Year Member

Thanks Duane for all you've done , I agree the races just aren't as fun to watch.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Default But your words in2 action.....Email is free !

I'm going to contact NASCAR and tell them we are losing our Duane and member's , because we don't like the way races are being run....I think all the member's should write them...OK, it's your turn...

How To Contact NASCAR

Email, snail mail and phone numbers for NASCAR

John Harrelson/Getty Images Sport/Getty Images for NASCAR

Need to get in touch with NASCAR? Would you like to work for NASCAR? Want to sound off about a recent rule change, official decision or anything else NASCAR related? If you truly want to go straight to the source then here is the contact information for NASCAR's public relations department.
For a listing of current employment opportunities directly with NASCAR call the NASCAR JobLine at (386) 947-6878.
This recording is updated every Friday. Or you can visit them online athttp://employment.nascar.com.
To contact NASCAR directly with your suggestions, questions and/or opinions you can use the following information.
Email: [email protected] < Click 2 email
Snail Mail:
NASCAR
P.O. Box 2875
Daytona Beach, FL 32120
Telephone: (386) 253-0611

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-23-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:06 PM

5 Year Member

The best way to talk to them is money. If my cable box reports i dudnt watch then thats less people they can claim aee advertisements. Hopefully if it gets bad enough theyll do something

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.