NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Hendricks at it again!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Hendricks at it again!!

if anybody can win it from the back he will, cautions @ sonoma aren't usually full lap cautions

we'll see what happens on sunday, but give him 10-20 laps and he'll move up quietea bit

i guess this whole fender thing is a really shady section, because there are NO WRITEN RULES on this fender alignment, so if they get fined and suspended on this, i can guarentee you hendrick will be fighting it, with no writen rules you can't be fining people with imcomplete rules

Old 06-23-2007, 09:56 AM

it will be interesting to see how nascar deals with cautions on sundays. like you said wiz, they are usually in just 1 turn. full track cautions dont come out very much on road courses.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member

The writen rules state the car must fit to the templates. Theirs didnt. Thats all the rules they need to screw with your points and money.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 PM

Well I haven't heard Gordon complain about it yet, so maybe it's a conspiricy to remove the alleged whining attitude he has?

Old 06-23-2007, 04:32 PM

They just had a few interviews on the Speed Channel regarding the infraction and most seem to agree that the penalty shouldn't occur. Teams were allowed to make tons of changes on the hood and fenders in the past and only on the COT you can't.

I liked how Kyle Petty applauded Chad Knaus... Better to have a team chief that needs to be pulled back than one that needs to be pushed ahead.

I heard some people at the bar booing Hendricks going on about them cheating and that taught me abit about their NASCAR educational level.

The ones that don't cheat or don't try to cheat are the ones that don't race on Sunday in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah exactly, its all about how far you can push the envelope

Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 AM

Just remember Daytona last year
Lets see if Nascar even has the ***** to fine them 100,000 grand each
Matter a fact Johnsons team should be double

Hendicks ARE CHEATERS.......

Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

Just remember Daytona last year
Lets see if Nascar even has the ***** to fine them 100,000 grand each
Matter a fact Johnsons team should be double

Hendicks ARE CHEATERS.......
Umm... yeah... cause nobody has ever cheated in NASCAR. Or used the more politically correct term of "looking for an edge."

On a serious note though, did you see how they measure the hoods now? That's insane!!! I remember when it used to be a single lateral bar and then a template over the fender. This new inpection device is a monster.

I'm not saying what Hendricks did is right though either, but on the flip you always have to experiment or you'll be at the back of the pack... or in like most others not showing up.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Just as I finished my previous post, I was skimming a link that Space posted on another topic.

I boldfaced the summary, but it seems that what they were caught "cheating" on wasn't in the rulebook and wasn't measured before. I'd call that NASCAR screwing with Hendricks. Now I have to change what I said earlier... I hope they don't have any penalties now... being moved to the back was penalty enough in my mind.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nascar/ (about halfway down the page currently.)

With what has obviously been one of the biggest stories of the past few weeks (ok, Dale Jr. trumps all), new details on how the No. 24 & 48 teams were outside of NASCAR's specifications have been revealed.

[blockquote]The reshaped area of the front fenders fell between where NASCAR's roof monotemplate and its smaller front-end template fit during inspection. The templates are used to make sure the bodies confirm to NASCAR's dimensional requirements. The approximately 10-inch gap between the two body templates is not something routinely measured by NASCAR.
[/blockquote]
In Layman's terms? The Hendrick drivers were penalized for a rule that didn't exist. The area that was out of bounds -- according to NASCAR -- was not ever checked by the template system set in place in the past and nothing in the rule book stated that the area was out of bounds.

For that reason, I've got to agree with TGOM that this move by both teams were innovations of the COT, not blatant cheating.[/align]

Old 06-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Playing with any gray area
Nascar has said from the start, DO NOT PLAY WITH THE CAR.....
Chad got caught last year playing with the gray area,
I hope NASCAR NOT ONLY FINES HIM, BUT MAKES CHAD SIT OUT
FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR......
Both Chad and Steve have admit that they pushed the area that they should not have done it

Chad has been know to mess with this area.....
He was fined, suspended and warned last year.....
I think NASCAR NEEDS TO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE THE ***** TO MAKE HIM SIT OUT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.....

Quick Reply: Hendricks at it again!!