NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Harvick's Bud car

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess I'll be in the minority when I say I don't think black is a bad color...as for not popping out in the crowd, I guess that means he should become the best, once you become better then everyone else and be in the lead people will stare at the car no matter what color it is....

Joe

Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Hi `Joe, I agree it does not matter to me what it looks like, but
what's more important is that it wins 4-Sure.
Great to read everyone opinions comments.
Great Thread & it's a Chevy

More Picture angles

and there's more : )

Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Personally I like black cars and dont see what is plain about it, But there are other schemes in the traditional red and white. Hopefully it will be in victory lane next month. My first race car was all black with silver numbers. Then as some here say, it just blended in so much that my wife filmed someone else for half a race, DUH. I then went to Bright yellow with black numbers, Couldn't miss it. So I see both points.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I guess I'll be in the minority when I say I don't think black is a bad color...as for not popping out in the crowd, I guess that means he should become the best, once you become better then everyone else and be in the lead people will stare at the car no matter what color it is....
But it is when you put a t-shirt on everyones back that you sell product and get the sponsor their money's worth. Like him or not, Junior has no equal in this capacity. No one did Bud better business and without him Bud has recinded from the sport. They are no longer the "official" beer of Nascar. This year they are not even a full time sponsor - Harvick's car will not look like that every race. I think I read its actually a 28 race deal. Bud has not been getting the return on their investment, although I do believe Harvick is a more suitable choose then Kahne. Only slightly. Can you picture Kahne actually drinking beer? Can you picture Harvick? Kahne looks like a milk drinker and Harvick probably drinks wine spritzers or whatever his wife tells him to.

Junior looks like a guy who does keg stands. Maybe even right before the race!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:03 PM

15 Year Member

This scheme looks way better! This is the first time I've seen this one, but they should go with it!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
But it is when you put a t-shirt on everyones back that you sell product and get the sponsor their money's worth.!
Really? I know of one car that is more popular then any other in nascar...been on tee shirts die cast vehicles and every other possible product out there...know what color it is? It's black...

Like him or not, Junior has no equal in this capacity..!
Sorry I believe the only reason Junior has any fame is because of his last name...if his last name was smith I'd highly doubt he'd have such a huge fan following.

No one did Bud better business and without him Bud has recinded from the sport. They are no longer the "official" beer of Nascar. This year they are not even a full time sponsor - ..
This may be because of Dale, or it could be because of the financial crisis, many companies have pulled out of many events (Ie GM didn't show any commercials during last years Super Bowl, many manufacturers even pulled out of international auto shows like Detroit) Even Nascar as a whole has declined in attendance, that was one of the reasons they freed up the rules a bit to allow a lil bumpin' and grindin'...Nascar has a huge market in the Northeast and tried to build a track in Staten Island to bring the venue to the NYC area, but was declined after buying the land. If Nascar's attendance and following falls, this could lead to less sponsorship from companies.

Harvick's car will not look like that every race. I think I read its actually a 28 race deal. Bud has not been getting the return on their investment, although I do believe Harvick is a more suitable choose then Kahne. Only slightly. Can you picture Kahne actually drinking beer? Can you picture Harvick? Kahne looks like a milk drinker and Harvick probably drinks wine spritzers or whatever his wife tells him to..Junior looks like a guy who does keg stands. Maybe even right before the race!
I don't see why there not getting there return, didn't Harvick do pretty good last year? 3 wins, 16 top 5's and 26 top 10's Compared to Jr. 0 wins, 3 Top 5's and 8 top 10's...

Joe

Old 01-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Hi Joe & Brent, I really enjoyed reading your opinions, comments, facts to each others posts.
I also appreicate the mature, respectful way that each member made their points.
That's what so great about NASCAR racing...There's so many drivers to like or dislike.
There's many that I admire and wish I was in their position 4-Sure, and there are many that I don't like
their actions; in their words or acts : ( But, I still would like to have their bank accounts : )

Thanks guys for your super contributions and the time & thoughts that went into your posts.
I've enjoyed reading.....

I am looking forward to the start of the season again...I wish I had cable to watch, but I will be listening on
the Radio & following the NASCAR online leaderboard when time permits.....

p.s. I like the Black Bud Car Picture that I posted, but I don't buy Bud, but I'd SMoke `It (inside humor 4 `Brent : )~*
Got 2 get ready 4 work....Hope Everyone has a Super Eve
Peace/Happy/Out

p.s.s. OK, your turn to post your comments....Red Car vs Black race cars ? Dale or Kevin
Get ready to defend that battle ~> With MCF Family RESPECT : ) R U ready 2 RUMBLE ? : )~*

Last edited by Space; 01-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Really? I know of one car that is more popular then any other in nascar...been on tee shirts die cast vehicles and every other possible product out there...know what color it is? It's black...

Sorry I believe the only reason Junior has any fame is because of his last name...if his last name was smith I'd highly doubt he'd have such a huge fan following.

This may be because of Dale, or it could be because of the financial crisis, many companies have pulled out of many events (Ie GM didn't show any commercials during last years Super Bowl, many manufacturers even pulled out of international auto shows like Detroit) Even Nascar as a whole has declined in attendance, that was one of the reasons they freed up the rules a bit to allow a lil bumpin' and grindin'...Nascar has a huge market in the Northeast and tried to build a track in Staten Island to bring the venue to the NYC area, but was declined after buying the land. If Nascar's attendance and following falls, this could lead to less sponsorship from companies.

Joe
Oh, Joe... I guess I must banter a bit here. But believe me, I live this stuff. I feel like an a*hole already for boldly saying, but...

Junior out sells Sr. huge. Not counting the most recent 2010 numbers, which Junior was still the biggest seller of merchandise by a large margin, for years now Junior has outsold all other Nascar drivers put together (including Sr.). This is fact - google it if you need more proof. Sr. is still the number 3 (odd coincedence the number huh?) seller in merchandise which is also huge and proves he too has a huge following. Jeff Gordon is the only other driver outselling him. But if your point is the black merchandise sells, your probably absolutely right! When I think about it, black merchandise is probably the most sucessful in sports merchandise in general.

Again I'm going to point out 2 things that aren't obvious and also hugely unpopular.
1. Dale Jr is not my favorite driver - never has been
2. I hated Dale Sr. when he was alive

Number 2 is the one that gets me into trouble, because he is so popular. But my point is that some fans - good fans (as in the big spenders on merchandise, wink) - are fans of Jr.inspite of Dale Sr., not because of it. I had a hard time learning to like Jr. because I figured he'd be like dad. Everyone can agree that he is not!

Personally, I think a huge part of Junior's success (marketablity wise) is because of how well Budweiser marketed him! I think that was a bigger factor then being the son of Dale Earnhardt. They put him on every billboard and in commercials and gave him cool merchandise and gear that everybody wanted to wear. They made him cool! And the car was so cool looking that even some guy up in Canada, who was a die hard Mark Martin fan, decaled his car up. And consequently cast himself into living that gimmick...

It really won't offend me if Harvick can get that rub, but I'm more then dubious.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:42 PM

For the first point, you hit the nail on the head, I was talking more about a black car can be just as popular and sell just as much in Nascar then any other car color out there...to me it is based on the driver and there popularity and not the car color.

As for Junior, I still think if he was not dale's son and was getting into Nascar as a newb without a name building up to now he would not be as popular, perhaps not even get sponsored or marketed by Bud if his name was smith and he had his current record of wins/loses....but that is something that can be debated for years, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Joe

Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 PM

interesting Budweiser is going with a black paint scheme,the have always been mainly bright red.
montess2k....where did you get that hood?

Quick Reply: Harvick's Bud car