NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Harvick's Bud car

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Harvick's Bud car

I didn't want to take away from the Kurt post so started this one. Here is a link to the Bud #29. Look sharp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar-278340

Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

that looks awesome !!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I guess they're going with "simple works best." Looks like a really plain car to me. I don't really like it.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am not a big Nascar fan, but I have always rooted for Harvick when I do watch...Having the #3 on his cars will always be the coolest thing ever, great tradition to carry on!

Joe

Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I have always rooted for Harvick when I do watch...Having the #3 on his cars will always be the coolest thing ever, great tradition to carry on!
my thoughts exactly, love the Bud car also, can't wait to see it..........

Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it looks like crap. And he's denied they were going for an Earnhardt look (but I'm sure Harvick has nothing to do with the call really). Plain black with a bunch of crap on it - it will totally blend into the background in the field. I don't know how Bud could get less for their big money!
The best paint schemes, for a race car, should really pop! If you ever go to one of these things you'd find you have a hard time not keeping an eye on Mark Martin because of the ultra bright green of the GoDaddy scheme. I always remember the Tide machine doing the same thing.
Gloss black is beautiful on street cars when it all nice and shined up. But on a race car, covered in sponsors and contingency stickers, it totally lookes like a "plug car".

Worst Bud scheme ever !

Old 01-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I think it looks like crap. And he's denied they were going for an Earnhardt look (but I'm sure Harvick has nothing to do with the call really). Plain black with a bunch of crap on it - it will totally blend into the background in the field. I don't know how Bud could get less for their big money!
The best paint schemes, for a race car, should really pop! If you ever go to one of these things you'd find you have a hard time not keeping an eye on Mark Martin because of the ultra bright green of the GoDaddy scheme. I always remember the Tide machine doing the same thing.
Gloss black is beautiful on street cars when it all nice and shined up. But on a race car, covered in sponsors and contingency stickers, it totally lookes like a "plug car".

Worst Bud scheme ever !
agreed with some of what you said, i still think it looks pretty nice tho, i did love jeff's flame dupont tho

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Speaking of Jeff, has anyone seen this ugly thing????

Man oh man, we're getting screwed in the paint job department this year. NASCAR finally fixed the front end of these COT's, they're coming around to the rest of the world and going to fuel injection, and Sam Bass starts getting lazy with his paint brush!!! WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?!?

Jeff Gordon in my mind right now has the ugliest paint job for 2011. Kevin Harvick is in the running for 2nd.

And as far as AARP and Jeff Gordon... AARP is paying $20,000,000 to advertise this "Drive to End Hunger." You tell me... but won't $20 million feed a lot of mouths?

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-15-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Picture was too big, replaced it.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Yeah its kinda plain. It will have to grow on me. I'll admit I hated the red and yellow when I first saw it but liked it at the end. Hopefully this will change a bit over the next few years and look great. Regardless Im sure it will look great in victory lane. Go Harvick!!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awww, your too hard on that one Duane! I actually like the new Jeff Gordon paint scheme, although it might not be as cool as some past ones. I think the color is great! Pretty much the same as Tony's Old Spice car. I'm not sure that it will really pop in the crowd. Some schemes are designed to look better up close - I don't really agree with this strategy but whatever. The sponsor is weird, but Jeff's new ride looks nowhere near as cheap as the Harvick one. My local short track run's car's sponsored by "Bob's Fish & Chips" with more thought out and intricate details then that lame plain black scheme Harvick is running (that does not showcase the product it is advertising either)

Quick Reply: Harvick's Bud car