NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Should Duane participate Full-Time
Yes- He deserves to
44.44%
No- He should let someone else win
0%
Yes - Because we will take his title
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Duanes announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You mean pull a "Brian France?"

I thought about doing something where the winner gets 48 points, 2nd gets 42, 3rd gets 41, 4th gets 40.... and so on, so forth. But keep in mind - this puts more work on the guy doing the calculations! I've also run the idea by the forum in the past year and everyone is happy with what we're doing.....

Let me tell you how to win this championship...

1) Do'nt pick Dale Earnhardt, Jr. every single bleeping week.

I come up in the rundown and point out, "Dale Jr hasn't won a restricter plate race in 9 years!!!" Still, everyone pops up like, "DON'T CARE, JR THE BEST!!!! I PICK JR!!! WOOO!!!"

I point out that, "Dale Jr has one top 10 - ever - in Sprint Cup competition on road courses. And everyone goes, "GO JR!!! I PICK JR!!!"

2) Pick a driver you don't like.

Kyle Busch is good... accept it, pick him sometimes. It pays off, trust me.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 PM

5 Year Member

As far as my decision - if it wasn't "my" league, I would feel differently... I just feel that from the outside, it would look funny that the guy who pushed to make this a competition, does the math 95% of the time, and then wins a championship.... but if everyone doesn't mind getting beat, I'll decide what I think.

But being the owner of 3 Ford's, I do believe I want to stick with picking all Fords' this season. Anyone seen my Ford Racing tag on my new Mustang?

I'm the third guy in the state to get one!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Let me tell you how to win this championship...

1) Do'nt pick Dale Earnhardt, Jr. every single bleeping week.

I come up in the rundown and point out, "Dale Jr hasn't won a restricter plate race in 9 years!!!" Still, everyone pops up like, "DON'T CARE, JR THE BEST!!!! I PICK JR!!! WOOO!!!"
You still hung up on that Duane? With or without a win, Jr. is the best restrictor plate racer! 2nd 3 of the last 4 Daytona 500's not enough to convince you? 2nd at the last (shortened) Talladega. 2nd is still a pretty good pick. I seem to remember getting more race wins than you got in 3 years during the short span that you were allowed to pick the same driver 3 times (silly rule) because I wouldn't stop picking Dale jr thrice and he wouldn't stop finishing top 5...

Old 01-05-2014, 07:56 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
As far as my decision - if it wasn't "my" league, I would feel differently... I just feel that from the outside, it would look funny that the guy who pushed to make this a competition, does the math 95% of the time, and then wins a championship.... but if everyone doesn't mind getting beat, I'll decide what I think.

But being the owner of 3 Ford's, I do believe I want to stick with picking all Fords' this season. Anyone seen my Ford Racing tag on my new Mustang?

I'm the third guy in the state to get one!
That plate is totally awesome! I'm so jealous that they don't do cool **** like that with plates in Ontario. However, I do have something to show off. Let me go take a pic right now...

Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 PM

15 Year Member

I haven't even registered these to the car yet:

Name:  IMG_4899.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  49.4 KB

Kinda cool, but why would I replace the BUD CHEV plates with GEN 6 on my gen 6 Monte Carlo? I wouldn't. I got a different Gen 6 in mind and Duane is not the only trader in our midst...

Old 01-05-2014, 08:54 PM

5 Year Member

Traitor! I believe you mean Traitor!

It feels good to be one though, doesn't it, Brent?