NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Dale the Movie

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Default Dale the Movie

http://www.cmt.com/movies/dale/

Is anyone else anticipating the new ‘Dale’ movie which will makes its television debut on Tuesday, Sept. 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CMT.

The movie was launched theatrically in February 2007, premiering in select cities on the Nextel Cup Series circuit, but hasn't been widely available to the masses. Those who have seen it have raved about its depiction of the man who eventually became known as 'The Intimidator'.

Produced by NASCAR Images and CMT Films, the movie includes archival race footage, rare outtakes, never-before-seen family home videos and interviews with his closest friends and family, toughest competitors and most avid fans, illustrating the depth of Earnhardt's influence in the racing world and beyond.
Narrated by Paul Newman, DALE was produced with the support and endorsement of Richard Childress Racing, plus the Earnhardt family, corporation, and team.

DALE will encore at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Sept. 5 and Thursday, Sept. 6, with those being the only additional scheduled airings of the movie on CMT prior to the film’s release on DVD next year.

Earnhardt is widely regarded as one of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time. In his 22 seasons on the NASCAR Winston Cup Series circuit, he racked up 76 wins and seven championships, with career winnings totaling more than $41 million. Backed by a legion of fans, Earnhardt was nicknamed 'The Intimidator' for his competitive instincts and highly aggressive driving style.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: Dale the Movie

Since I work nights
Im going to have the wife record it for me

Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM

Nope. You couldnt pay me to watch it. My dealer offered me tickets back in the spring and I told him to toss them.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:19 PM

Any reason why?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 PM

its worth a look .........i dont care who it is i love watching real live stories movies like that ...

Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 PM

[align=center]Ryan, thanks for your post & Information.[/align][align=center]I don't have cable : ( , but a friend is going to tape it for me.[/align][align=center]I'm looking forward to learning about his life, his career.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link for infor on Dale `Sr[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.teamterrier.com/Earnhardt.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space & Beach Bum's[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align]

Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Nope. You couldnt pay me to watch it. My dealer offered me tickets back in the spring and I told him to toss them.
Personally, I couldn't stand the guy either. I was a big Gordon and Elliot fan back then.

I grew up around a lot of "Gentlemen" race car drivers who won a lot of races, the dude was basically a jerk.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Damn!!! Totally missed this. Did anyone get to see it?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Damn!!! Totally missed this. Did anyone get to see it?
Not me!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM

I wouldn't mind getting it just to play it when I start taking my car to car shows next year... I'm going to install an in-dash DVD, and that movie might be perfect.

I guess according to alot of people, Dale was a royal *****.. I get that feeling.. and I hate to say it, but personality doesn't win races. Aggressive driving and intimidation techniques win races...

-Keegan

Quick Reply: Dale the Movie