NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: - MCF `07 NASCAR PREDICTIONS ?

but that voilation was not on a car of tommorrow car, any car of tommorrow fine according to nascar is a 6 race suspension and 100 points

it sux, but a 100 point suspension pretty much puts you out of contention for the chase

Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope he doesn't get suspended : (.....The Driver doesn't set up the car,
I think the Owner/Crew Chief should be fined, not the driver : )
[align=center]Hi MCF Member's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Edwards Flip's Out [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Watch Video's below [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.nascar.com/2007/multimedia/races/cup/28/[/align]

Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member

lol..no not the driver...crew cheif gets suspended, driver shouldn't get suspended ever i think, unless he like purposely drove into someone or something to that extent...but if nascar is consistent then that will be the fine, being in the chase it may be slightley different, but i dunno...guess we'll see later this week

Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Darn, darn, darn!!!!

I had the Fords winning including Edwards 1st and Bif 2nd, but I was too busy to post of because of Mia's party.

Darn, darn, darn!!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

but that voilation was not on a car of tommorrow car, any car of tommorrow fine according to nascar is a 6 race suspension and 100 points

it sux, but a 100 point suspension pretty much puts you out of contention for the chase
X2. I hope Edwards team gets hit with the 100/6 penalty. I personally can't stand him as a driver. During the Bush race he couldn't hold his wad an a caution restart and took someone out of the race by rearending them into the wall.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

X2. I hope Edwards team gets hit with the 100/6 penalty. I personally can't stand him as a driver. During the Bush race he couldn't hold his wad an a caution restart and took someone out of the race by rearending them into the wall.
LOL as if Dale Sr didnt do this a thousand times in his career. Carl is one of the good ones in NASCAR unlike idiots like Stewart who bump people all the way down pit row and try to side swipe them exiting pit row.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 AM

[align=center]Hi `JR, ditto on your post : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][align=center]I also think Carl Edwards is one of the good one's, & I think[/align][align=center]he will be a future NASCAR Champion.[/align][align=center]He's already proven, that he can win. He is one of my[/align][align=center]favorite driver's. I wish he was driving a Chevy, & for[/align][align=center]Hendricks : )[/align][align=center]JR., you do tell it like it is : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Happiness/EnJoy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

LOL as if Dale Sr didnt do this a thousand times in his career. Carl is one of the good ones in NASCAR unlike idiots like Stewart who bump people all the way down pit row and try to side swipe them exiting pit row.

thats not what we're saying, i agree its been done lots of times before, BUT with it being a COT race, they should penalize the team like they have penalized all the other COT problems, i like Carl Edwards, i wouldn't want to see that happen, But if they're consistent that will be the penalty. like Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson some how broke a rule that wasn't even in the rule book, explain that...but they still got penalized, this one is plain as day...i really like Carl, but that should be the penalty

Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Stewart could have been much better at that, but I can see where he was pissed having his pit lane blocked off and then getting cut in front of.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:52 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]
Flip'in Carl Edwards
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[align=center]Hi MCF Member's[/align][align=center]I'd love 2 be Rac'in a Chevy [/align]

#99 too low, 25 points gone [/align][align=center]

Written by Administrator & MCF Reporter `Space

Sep 25, 2007 at 03:17 PM[/align][align=center]Posted 9-26-07

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 25, 2007) – Carl Edwards, winner of this past Sunday’s NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway, has been penalized 25 driver championship points due to rule violations found in post-race inspection.

The loss of points dropped Edwards from third in the Chase[X(] for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings to sixth, 28 points behind leader Jeff Gordon.

The No. 99 Ford driven by Edwards was found to be too low in the right rear area, which violated Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment not conforming to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1C (failed to meet minimum rear car heights) of NASCAR Car of Tomorrow Technical Bulletin #3 dated April 10, 2007.

In addition, those infractions have resulted in a $25,000 fine for Edwards’ crew chief Bob Osborne, plus a penalty of 25 car owner championship points for Roush Fenway Racing. Osborne also has been placed on probation until Dec. 31.

REVISED Standings – Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup
1. Jeff Gordon 5,340
2. Tony Stewart 5,338
3. Jimmie Johnson 5,336
4. Kyle Busch 5,330
5. Clint Bowyer 5,322
6. Carl Edwards 5,312 (drops from third place)
7. Martin Truex Jr. 5,294
8. Jeff Burton 5,265
9. Kevin Harvick 5,225
10. Matt Kenseth 5,224
11. Kurt Busch 5,189
12. Denny Hamlin 5,182
[/align]
[align=center]_________________________________________________

Raines fined for helmet throwing [/align]
[align=center]
[/align][align=center]Sep 25, 2007 at 03:14 PM [/align]
[align=center]DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 25, 2007) – NASCAR announced today that Tony Raines, driver of the No. 33 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Busch Series, has been fined and penalized due to rule violations this past weekend at Dover International Speedway.

Raines was fined $15,000 and penalized 25 driver championship points for violating Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing – entered the race track surface without authorization; throwing helmet at competitor’s car) of the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series Rule Book.

Additionally, the driver’s infractions have resulted in team owner DeLana Harvick being penalized 25 owner championship points.

The infractions took place during the race on Sept. 22.
[/align]

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~