Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

From the Staff: MOTY (Monte of the Year) - 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

"will rise from the ranks,to light our darkest hour ..."

This quote is definitely originally from Optimus Prime in the original animated Transformers movie. He said it on his deathbed while passing the Matrix of Leadership onto UltraMagnus (who felt is was "just a soldier" and "not worthy"). The "stand tall" was added. I could go over the whole script if you want. There was never a movie that molded me more.

Peter Cullen voiced Optimus and still does
Ultra Magnus was voiced by the late Robert Stack

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-07-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ahhhh,
This an automotive quote for an automotive forum!
I had no idea what the quotes were from...
Makes sense!

Nicely done Jason!

Old 01-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
May be the DARK Knight Series, which was way to intense for me, confusing at times?!?!?!
But good to watch.
Sorry, not from anything Batman.

Originally Posted by ohara
Was the second quote from the Transformers franchise by chance?

but I believe it went, "one shall stand, one shall fall, fall" but I could be mistaken
OK, you found the more obvious of the two quotes (the one I said is not manipulated/butchered). "one shall stand, one shall fall" is the original quote. And you are right on the franchise!!
JuniorCar has the rest of this puzzle.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
"will rise from the ranks,to light our darkest hour ..."

This quote is definitely originally from Optimus Prime in the original animated Transformers movie. He said it on his deathbed while passing the Matrix of Leadership onto UltraMagnus (who felt is was "just a soldier" and "not worthy"). The "stand tall" was added. I could go over the whole script if you want. There was never a movie that molded me more.

Peter Cullen voiced Optimus and still does
Ultra Magnus was voiced by the late Robert Stack
And you found the second quote!!! Great work. And you nailed the two of the voice actors for that quote!

Awesome work guys!!

The original 1986 animated movie is still to this day one of my two favorite movies! I regard it better then the new live-action movies.
I am to this day still a big G1 Transformers fan!! I'm full of useless trivia. Somewhere I still have a VHS of the movie, then I re-bought it on DVD and then re-bought the 25th anniversary DVD. Plus I have the sound track on CD. In some of the video promos on the anniversary DVD, it features a mail in post card contest ran by a local TV station. The TV station was/is WUAB Channel 43 broadcasting in my viewing area. Yes, I admit it, I am a crazy geek!!

Sometime I'll have to do something on here to expose what my other favorite movie is. Maybe I'll save that for another question soon.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 01-07-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:44 PM

10 Year Member

Since Ohara and JuniorCar got the rest of the quotes, I have a new piece from the same movie.

Bah Weep Grana Weep Ninny-Bong
From the same movie (1986 Transformers Animated Movie).

- What is that quote?
- When that quote is said, what is the person saying it supposed to do?

I expect JuniorCar to nail this one.....

Old 01-07-2015, 08:14 PM

15 Year Member

It is the universal greeting. Kup taught it to HotRod on Quintessa (spelling?), which HotRod used to greet the Junkions when the crashed on the planet of junk and it worked unify the Autobot with them. I used to have a t-shirt with the greeting on it.

Judd Nelson voiced HodRod. I'm forgetting the british dudes name who voiced Wreck-gar (Junkion leader). He's famous and performed at the Winter Olympics in London a few years back. It's killing me I forget the name, but I don't wanna google...

Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 PM

15 Year Member

I remembered - Eric Idle. WreckGar was Eric Idle. I don't like British comedy

Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Oh man I will really have to think on these. I don't watch many movies though

Should be a fun MOTY

Old 01-07-2015, 11:52 PM

10 Year Member

JuniorCar got it. That was the universal greeting.... I know he knows this, but he missed one item. After someone says the universal greeting, the person who said it is supposed to offer an "energon goodie" and then the people receiving are suppose to reciprocate.

Awesome stuff! This thread is being more fun then I planned!!

And yeah, Erik Idle was the voice of Wreck Garr (Erik is known for his work with Monty Python, which I do enjoy Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail).

Many don't realize, Orson Wells voiced Unicron (and it was the last thing he did before he passed away). Many speculate he did not finish his lines for Unicron but it was confirmed he did, but he passed away prior to the movie being release.

This movie featured:
Judd Nelson
Erik Idle
Robert Stack
the guy that talks really fast and did the Micro Machine commercials (I cannot remember his name).
Leonard Nemoy (which does an AWESOME Galvatron, Leonard also came back to the live action movies to voice Sentinal Prime).

This one is for JuniorCar (not tied to the movie, but the TV series):
In an episode with the AerialBots, they learned who Optimus Prime really was before he was the leader of the AutoBots. Do you recall his name and any details of the episode?

All Play:
I mentioned I have two other favorite movies.Since this is a car forum, I'll see if we can flush it out with a car reference.
- This movie featured a 1959 Cadillac. When this Cadillac first appeared in the movie, we learned it cost only $4800 and need a lot of work to it (such as suspension, brakes, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end).

I don't want to give too much away, so if this is not a big enough clue, I will drop a couple more.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:25 AM

15 Year Member

Optimus Prime's original name was Orion Pax. The voice actor for Blurr's name was John Mi****ta.

Be careful who you offer energon goodies to...

Old 01-08-2015, 05:26 AM

15 Year Member

Ha ha! The forum edited his name!

Quick Reply: From the Staff: MOTY (Monte of the Year) - 2014