Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!
View Poll Results: A poll
I approve
73.33%
I don't approve
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

MCF Rules for Monte of the Month Contest

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Rules for Monte of the Month Contest

[align=center]
________________________________[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]MCF[/align][align=center]Monte of the Month Requirements[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1. Must be a active MCF Member[/align][align=center](minimum 12 posts a month)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2. Member's Monte must be posted[/align][align=center]in Member's Gallery[/align][align=center](or alink to Member'sPhoto site)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]3. Gallery should include picture's of[/align][align=center]Front/Side/Rear[/align][align=center](Interior/Engine a plus 4 member)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]4. Every MCF Member can nominate[/align][align=center]one (1) member's Monte[/align][align=center]and[/align][align=center]2nd the nomination[/align][align=center]of another Member's Monte.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]* All member's [/align][align=center]are eligible for MOTM[/align][align=center](Including `Moderator's)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]5. The Top (3) Member's, with the most[/align][align=center]nominations will be entered into the[/align][align=center]MOTM Contest.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]6. The MCF Monte of the Month Nominations[/align][align=center]will begin,ten (10)day before the endof each Month[/align][align=center]or determined by our Moderating Staff[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]7. Voting will begin five (5) days beforethe endof the Month[/align][align=center]or determined by our MCF Moderator's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]8. Contest Ends, the last day of the Month @ 11:59PM[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]9. Winner will be confirmed on the First Day of the Month[/align][align=center]by our MCF Moderator's Staff, & posted.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]___________________________[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: MCF Rules for Monte of the Month Contest

sounds good to me space

i wonder if it should be more than 4 posts a month though...maybe 50?? hehe

Old 07-03-2007, 09:21 AM

agreed 100%

Old 07-03-2007, 05:02 PM

This looks like good criteria to organize the contest a bit better, but I saw no mention of moderator exemption. Are we proposing to do away with that guidline?

Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 PM

[align=center]Mr Moderator `Bigg J - `Jason -[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes, Moderator's will be able to be nominated[/align][align=center]& eligible to Win the Contest.[/align][align=center]Reasons:[/align][align=center] The Member's nominate & vote in an open Forum. The voting is inview of all members.[/align][align=center]It is not a closed contest. One can check on[/align][align=center]member's votes 7/24.[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i was gonna ask the same thing...was wondering if you wanted to make it so moderators could run

Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i was gonna ask the same thing...was wondering if you wanted to make it so moderators could run
[/align][align=center]Moderator `Wiz Kidd,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think the members agree, & support that Moderator's, should have the chance to be nominated, & win the[/align][align=center]MOTM contest.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Moderators are dedicated members that are not paid,[/align][align=center]and donate their time to the MCF Member's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Mod's and their Monte Carlo's should be Eligible to be[/align][align=center]nominated & win `if they have the votes.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks Mod's` for keepingour foruma safe place for the members![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, please send memy `check : ) LOL [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace 2 all,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 07:55 PM

I think most of the rules are valid, but I have to say that honestly I think we should be able to nominate two members. This is the only reason I voted that I didn't approve. I mean, Im stillsomewhat of a newbie here, but I would say that I'm fairly active for being a new member, lol.

Or, we could only nominate one member, but could second up to 3 othermembers thatareprevious nominees. This way I'm not left out if I didn't know of a particular member, or his car, but liked what I saw and wanted to support them.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM

Mike has a good point, one that I think is already in place. As it stands now, we're only "supposed" to nominate 1 member, but we can affirm several.

The point of the nomination process is to see which members generate the most buzz in the noms. Those members (up to 3) get voted on in the actual contest. For example, you can nominate 1 member, then second another in the same post. We all are a supportive group here and would like to nominate ALL members (like chris said![8D]) but the contest would never get anywhere if we did that, that's why we limit it to 3 participants, and the voting membership decide who they like best.

One thing we need to remember, though, is that it's not just how cool-looking the ride is, but the entire package: membership participation/forum contribution, showing pride in your ride, and level of activity.

My original plan was to make MOTM t-shirts for the winners, but I have fallen on hard financial times right now, so that has had to wait. We'll soon get them, though.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 AM

[align=center]Mike, -FlynhghR-,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Our July 07 MOTM Winner)[/align][align=center]And[/align][align=center]MCF Members[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for your post, & stating your point.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]KISS = Keep It Simple Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mike, I respect, &understand your point, but I think there[/align][align=center]is a responsibility of each member that is makingtheir[/align][align=center]nomination/selection for MOTM.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Allmembers should take the time to do their research, before they [/align][align=center]select their nomination of a member(s)/Monte.[/align][align=center](Viewing the Member's Galleries, posts and activities on the MCF)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As stated in the previous post by Moderator Big `J - Jason -[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"One thing we need to remember, though, is that it's not just [/align][align=center]how cool-looking the ride is, but the entire package: [/align][align=center]membership participation/forum contribution, showing pride [/align][align=center]in your ride, and level of activity." [/align][align=center]Monte of the Month + Member of the Month = Nomination[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Each MCF member get's (1) one VOTE.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Nominate your favorite Members/MonteCarlo....Voteyourfavorite.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Second the nomination(s) of other member's choice.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mike, thanks for your comments & contributions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am sure that our Administrator & Moderator's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]will take all points into consideration before[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]the rules are confirmed. The MCF will[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]only be as good or bad,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]as we the members[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]make `it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on Image below[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/5916B402294E4EA0B8F07E489AA02128.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Quick Reply: MCF Rules for Monte of the Month Contest