Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

MotM Nominations: March 2017 MotM Nominations

Old 02-24-2017, 06:38 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default March 2017 MotM Nominations

Name:  MCFJJbannerhybridcopy.png
Views: 65
Size:  129.4 KB

Hi Member's,

It's time to nominate yourself for
Monte Of The Month March 2017

Nominees MUST have a photo gallery. Either here on the site, or on a photo hosting site. Like Motortopia, CarDomain, photobucket, etc. that we can link to in the voting thread.

We're more than happy to provide you with gallery space right here on MCF. Create a "garage" for your vehicles. And don't forget MCF's original Photo Gallery is still available too!

I only ask that you please not link to a photo gallery you created on another forum. It's called stealing bandwidth. A lot of forums frown upon this, and they may ban you for it. I don't want you to get banned from one of your favorite forums, when so many FREE alternatives are available.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

read the NEW rules.

Monte of the Month Rules and Requirements

The Monte of the Month competition is intended to be a fun and friendly competition. This competition is about more than just a nice looking Monte Carlo. It is about both showing pride in each other's Monte Carlos, as well as a way of appreciating the contributions other members on MCF.com have made.

Requirements:

Must be a FULL MCF.com Member – 5 full days as a member and at least 10 posts. The badges up near your screenname will let you know if you are a full member.
  1. * Some members on MCF.com overlap on other Monte related forums. The member's activity on other forums do not count as eligibility for this competition. Member's Monte Carlo must be posted in the Photo Gallery, have an MCF "Garage" or a link to Member's photo site - Please don't use another forum to host your pictures. Some forums will ban you for doing this. There's lots of FREE hosting space here and on the web. Member's Monte Carlo photos should include pictures of Front/Side/Rear (Interior/Engine is also encouraged, but not a requirement) Nominated members must currently own the Monte Carlo being nominated - If your car has been sold/you no longer own it, it's sitting in an impound or a junk yard, you're not eligible. In addition, if the Monte becomes for sale at any point during nominations or during the MOTM voting competition it is a part of, it is then automatically disqualified. A Nominated Monte Carlo must be road worthy - This means it is currently in a condition that you can get in it, safely and legally drive it on the street. It is strongly encouraged to be free of CEL conditions, but not a requirement. If the car is a track-only car, it must meet track safety standards. If there is an unusual circumstance, then the staff will make a final decision. MOTM winners are ineligible for the MOTM contest the following calendar year. (This still applies even with the new rules)
  2. - Only Monte Carlos are eligible - We welcome members even if they don't currently own a Monte Carlo, but since this is Monte of the Month, only members with an eligible Monte can compete in this competition.
New Rules:
  1. Every full MCF Member can nominate themselves - You cannot nominate someone else.
  2. If you own more than one Monte, you may submit a photo with all of your Montes in it, but you cannot post a nomination for each one of your Montes.(You are basically nominating yourself no matter how many Montes you have.)
  3. 3 designated nomination posting times (ALL TIMES WILL BE EASTERN TIME) will be posted on the day of (or day before nominations).
  4. You must post a pic of your Monte/s as close to one of those times as possible WITHOUT posting too soon.
  5. The first person to post a picture of their Monte/s, ON or AFTER the time designated (Remember...all posted times will be EASTERN time), will be the Monte of the Month nominee for that designated time. It is possible that more than one person will have the same posting time. If that occurs, then the first picture that actually posts, will be considered the winner for that time slot. If you are not the successful nominee for that time slot, you may attempt to nominate yourself for the next designated nomination time. The same rules will apply for two more time slots that day until we have three nominees.
    * All FULL members are eligible for MOTM (including Admins and Moderators) - The MCF Monte of the Month Nominations will begin, six days before the end of each Month or determined by the MCF Staff. Voting will begin five days before the end of the Month or determined by the MCF Staff. Contest Ends, five days after voting begins - The closing date and time is posted with the voting results. Winner will be confirmed by the MCF Staff & posted. - The voting doesn't necessarily end at midnight. The voting poll will display the exact day and time the voting ends. Each Monte Of The Month winner for that calendar year, will be entered in the Monte Of The Year contest held at the end of the year (or early the following year). Votes will remain anonymous - However, in the unlikely event of a dispute over the voting results, an Administrator may need to reveal the results to the forum staff. Decision of the forum administrators is final. In the event of a tie for MOTM, there will be a one day "sudden death" tie breaker poll between those who are tied for first place.
* Once a win has been confirmed, an admin (or person currently in charge of the MOTM calendar) will contact the winner for acurrent pic to be used in the calendar - Please do not make multiplesubmissions. It takes a lot of work to assemble the calendar, we prefer one picper winner. Also, please do not submit a photo with a "For Sale" signin it, if this is the only photo you can provide, the staff will decide how toaddress this (the pic may be Photoshopped or replaced with a different pic atthe staff's discretion).

These rules can be amended at the MCF staff's discretion.

================================

Nominations will End TODAY
February 24, 2017

The 3 nomination times for today are:
9:17AM (Eastern time)
3:22PM (Eastern time)
8:51PM (Eastern Time)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Hope you like the new nomination format!! This should be exciting.

>Voting will begin tomorrow<

Old 02-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

New Rules? .......

Brilliant....FAIL........

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 02-25-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Your opinion is noted. If you have a better idea, we would love to hear it.
No one was participating with the old rules either so instead of eliminating Monte of the Month all together, we decided to try something new.
I'm still proud of my Monte so I will submit her for nomination.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Ok I will try again.

Attached Thumbnails March 2017 MotM Nominations-img_2483h.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nope, I can't do it. I want to be supportive and all, but it can't always be us 3. Maybe I'll try again in the summer when the car is out of storage.

I don't understand why everyone in being so shy? Monte owners are all very modest people?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

One more person please and we will get voting started!!

Old 02-26-2017, 06:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I would throw my hat into the ring, but I really need new pics of my Monte

Old 02-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
New Rules? .......

Brilliant....FAIL........
Chris,
Thanks for your feedback. The staff did turn to the members for ideas on how to improve participation with MOTM for the 2017 year. As Barb stated, we are trying something new in hopes of keeping MOTM and not dissolving it.

If you have some worthwhile advice/suggestions, please feel free to PM them to a staff member and we can review them.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It seems to me that MOTM "sneaks up" on everybody now that it's in the new format.

Maybe Barb could make a big MOTM announcement a day or two before the "nomination race" day? (And/or mention it in the daily blog.)

Old 02-28-2017, 05:53 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I will do that next month to get the word out in advance. Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully that will increase entries.

Search this Thread