Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!
View Poll Results: December 2011 MOTM
PacerSS (Matt)
44.68%
The_Maniac (Jason)
46.81%
nitehawkjcb (John)
8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

December 2011 Voting

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ok. Everyone complaining about the MotM needs to stop. Here's a little blurb from the rules:

These rules can be ammended at the MCF staff's discretion.

Decisions made by the staff are final!

On a personal note:

Yes, there's a lot of rules. Unfortunately, they are the result of previous problems or people looking for loopholes just to get their way.

We can't anticipate everything, so if a problem comes up,
the staff will do our best to come to an acceptable solution.

Helpful Tip: Arguing with the staff doesn't help your case!

The Monte of the Month competition is intended to be a fun and friendly
way of showing pride in each others rides. And a way of appreciating what a good job the member has done.
If you don't win right away, don't take it personally.
It doesn't mean people don't like you. We all try to be friends
here on MCF. And sometimes a person gets nominated who really stands out for one reason or another.
See that last line in bold? This could mean many things. It's not just having a really nice car, we ALL have amazing Monte Carlos because they are all amazing. It's not always an effort of having the best looking one, or who spent the most money. It's a love that you have for your car, a helpfulness that you provide for the forum, going OUT OF YOUR WAY to help members. All of these things are looked at.

As a whole, the FORUM decides who is in the contest, and who wins. Nothing is rigged, nothing is fixed. The active members are the deciding members. The helpful members are the ones that are remembered when it comes time to vote.

We aren't here to start fights, but don't talk down on the members that do win. My first win I had a stock car. Does that mean I didn't deserve that win? Was my pride and joy (but unmodified) car, not worthy? No, it doesn't mean that at all.

Here: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...ts-rules-7254/ is a link to the rules.

We want to keep these up, having members talk down upon MotM may persuade us not to keep it around any longer.

Your time will come, you need to be an active member to be recognized. Coming in here and complaining is usually not a way to get nominations from other members. The voting is over, and Jason won. Congratulate and move on.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 12-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:43 AM

Congratulations again `Jason SuperSuper Win 4-Sure I think every Monte/Member that has won this year was deserving of their Win - Victory!!!!!
+
Thanks Moderator `Mike I will comply to the rules!!

Last edited by Space; 12-05-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just wanna say congrats again Jason. All this bitterness is making ME feel like I won on a sham and don't want you to feel the same. I for one think you deserve it for having an amazing monte (especially after you added those MD8's ) and for having been an active/helpful member for so long.

Congrats again, you deserved every vote.

friendly fyi -- you're going down for MOTY

Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 JR
I feel the same way Matt. every Car of the Month thread you see on EVERY forum, it never really matters what youve done to your car or how good it looks, its all based on "popularity/friendships". Because I sure as heck know that my car is right up there with the better looking montes and I received all these "compliments" and did everything i was supposed to do in order to be "considered" for MOTM, and I didnt even receive a single nomination. This stuff is completely rigged and pointless...
Jr I fail to see how this could be "Rigged" We all have the right to vote and nominate. I don't have many friends on this fourm (look at my profile) but did win a few months back.

I would hate to see MOTM go away. It should be fun and a way to learn about other members. I see it more of a monthly recongition of a member (car and personality) rather than a compition as to who has the best car. All of our Montes are awsome. The rest has already been said in this tread about being active ect... no sense beating that into the ground again. I feel the members on this fourm are open minded and fair. Pacer only lost by 1 vote quite an honor I would say.

Anyone that won should never feel guilty, but enjoy the moment.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 12-05-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jester_20
Just wanna say congrats again Jason. All this bitterness is making ME feel like I won on a sham and don't want you to feel the same. I for one think you deserve it for having an amazing monte (especially after you added those MD8's ) and for having been an active/helpful member for so long.

Congrats again, you deserved every vote.

friendly fyi -- you're going down for MOTY
Don't worry about the "bitterness". I have no doubt part of people winning MOTM is like any other election, how much people "see" someone's name, BUT it's not the only reason, everyone has a reason to vote the way they do.
Some people just don't understand things like MOTM.

By and far, I do NOT think your winning was a sham, but I feel the voting competition for your month was an outstanding and awesome one to watch unfold!!

Thanks for your congrats man! And we'll see who wins when MOTY warms up soon!!

Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 AM

Our December 2011 MOTM Winner has Spoken and this Thread shall be Closed.
The Results are Final.
Thanks everyone for your votes & participation in this
Super Contest. It's sad that some are unhappy.
I believe that every Winner of our MOTM contest
were deserving...It is our membership that decides &
votes who the winner's will `be.
------------------------------------
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let the Judge of all deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you.

Congratulations `Jason & all our past Winners
==================================
Let us `now get back to the pursuit of Happiness
and many future wins in life for `all.....`amen

Last edited by Space; 12-06-2011 at 08:28 AM.