Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Wiring Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wiring Issue

I have a 2001 SS. The radio cuts out periodically, as well as the overhead display and the climate controls. I am thinking that the issues are all related to the same wiring harness. I found this video on Youtube regarding damage to wiring from the leaking cabin air filter enclosure. I have ordered the part and taken care of the leak. I had noticed that after it rained, I could hear water sloshing around inside the dash (at least it sounded like that's where it was). Does the solution in the video sound plausible for my issues? Also, would anyone have a wiring schematic for the systems I need to look at? I know that the overhead display ties into the body harness that is in the trunk, because I have replaced it on another Monte before. I am thinking that, if the wiring has been getting wet because of the leak issue, then maybe this video is a place to start. I thought I'd get some input from you guys on the forum before I dove into ripping things apart.