Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

wierd headlight issue

Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default wierd headlight issue

my high beams are on with my low beams......its wierd....drls work how they should during the day...however if you turn the low beams on the driver side is very dim and the high beam bulbs on both housings are lit.....i thought i had a bad socket...so i replaced the headlights with a set a had and still the same thing.....if i bumb the high beams on the multi function switch the low beams still stay on..the high beams just get brighter....any ideas?

this is on my 03 ls btw

Old 03-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went through the exact same thing, my message box said high beams out when they were on at the same time.i replaced the multifunction switch and boom problem solved, hopefully that is the fix

Old 03-11-2016, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

oddly enough...it ended up being the fuse under the hood for the daytime running lights...it was blown....go figure...all is good now

Old 03-26-2016, 09:17 PM

I just got my MC and when the multi function switch is pushed all the way in, the highs are on... when it is in the middle, no lights at all, and when it is pulled out all of the way, the highs are on again. Also, is the license plate light tied to this, it is not on at all. I checked and all of the fuses are ok.

Search this Thread