Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Default RE: WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!

thats what it is with racing bikes...they have to sell so many of them b4 they r allowed to race them

Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Us in the Drag Racing Business have a little joke for every nascar driver.

Us dragracers know exacly where the finish line is and go right for you. You nascar drivers have to make 200+ laps just to find the finish line!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 PM

Sorry but I am not into samecar racing. Also know as COT or tuner racing. I feel it is not fair tot the teams to be restricted to 1 car design. As far as I am conserned NASCAR has died.

Was
National
Association
of
Stock
Car
Racing

Now
National
Association
of
Same
Car
Racing

Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 AM

I'm with you Monteman, Nascar has been reduced to a fan spectacle, where the organizers are hoping the fans don't notice that all the Chev / Ford / Dodge competition has been taken out. Personally, I think the fans will notice, and slowly, the interest levels will diminish. Too bad, this was a truly American institution, a throwback to the musclecar days. I guess NASCAR just wanted to go "Uptown" where the big money is, and get away from the "Good ol' boy image"

Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 AM

I myself am totally pissed with NASCAR. I was a fan for many years, but this whole COT change made me change. I am also not to thrilled about the whole qualification process. If you show up at the track and you have a car that makes it past inspection and you qualify for a position on time you should make the race. Enough of this BS where the top 35 are given a position just because they have money and clout. Let's get back to what made this a once great sport!

I have always been an NHRA fan and go to at least one national event per year. It seems the folks at NHRA have it together and are continuing to improve. I remember one race this year where Ron Capps was #1 in points and he did not qualify for a race.Guess what? He didn't race that weekend and that is the way it should be. NHRA is alot more diversified also. It gives smaller teams an advantage because everyone has the same rules.

My Monte will find it's way on the track one day when I get through building it up and it won't be on the roundy rounds!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 AM

The Hell BEast is going to run the MIS track in April if I can get done enuff to drive out and back.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 PM

No I don't hate NHRA because those cars are just better haha. I was trippin the other night so that's why I was making obnoxious posts. Anyways yes I know all the motors aren't exactly the same but there are so many restritcions and things that you have to keep the same I don't see the point in it. Whoever said rally racing is good, +1 for you.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM

I liked nascarmore when dale sr was out there. He made the sport exciting to watch. Now the rules are so strict there isnt alot of racing going on. Just driving down the interstate....

Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 PM

I do watch nascar from time to time. Compared to other forms of auto racing, I find nascar to be somewhat boring though, mainly because of all those circle tracks and the lask of real road cars. I really like watching those sports car races over in europe that they show on speed. Why cant nascar have/race cars that somewhat resemble the cars that are on the road? Like in that sports car series, they have the cadillac cts, pontiac g6, corvettes, that actuallyrace the cars you see on the road (i know they are heavilly modded , of course) Whats with nascar and the phony fiberglass bodies, and the fact that every car looks exactly the same. I think it would be more exciting, for us monte carlo owners, to actually see our cars racing, and not some dumb fat looking plastic thing!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

As dissappointed as I've been that they don't race actual muscle cars anymore, I'll still watch.

Eventually all the Europeon and South American drivers will migrate this way anyways.

Evidently there is not big bucks in F1 or or other Euro Sports Car events.

Quick Reply: WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!