Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!

stay nice guys remember "***** free zone" but im not a huge fan of nascar but i still follow it...and y is ur name plasticpower?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay people, like kweef said, stay nice.

If you have issues with PlasticPower624 let the other mods and I handle it. I've already warned him in another thread.

If you want to continue discussing this topic civilly, fine. If it turns into a flame war, it will go away.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry guys - I let the anger get the best of me.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM

I was not a fan of NASCAR until about7-8 years ago, probably about the time it started to get a lot of TV coverage. I became hooked on it, especially once I began knowing the various drivers, and the teams they drove for. I guess another big reason was Dale Earnhardt Sr's reputation and what he brought to the sport.

Unfortunately, in the last 7-8 years, the sport has become such big business, and NASCAR has managed to dream up so many rules and regulations, to keep all teams "Competetive", they havereduced the thing to an IROC race, where all the cars are the same. What's up with that???

The name NASCAR means North American Stock Car Association. I sure don't see any "Stock" carsin the races. I don't know why any OEM would spend any money to sponsor this thing. You sure can't say that Chevy/Ford/or Dodge and dare I say Toyota will get any benefit from having a "Cloned" car with individual mfg's decals on them, will get much mileage from the advertising. "The car of Tomorrow"......What a crock!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:51 PM

well i guess that means that its the skills of the drivers that determine the race...i dont like that all of the cars are the same but i do think that the skill of your driver should matter the most

Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

You bring up a very good point. I'd like to see a purpose-built "stock car" built by the OEM's, in the races. Like an Impala Nascar that actually looks like it could've been a street Impala. Instead of the generic Nascar shells with headlight and taillight stickers. Case in point is the Fusion Nascar. It in no way resembles a real Ford Fusion. And a real Ford Fusion would make a horrible racecar design. This would force the OEM's to actually think and come up with real designs, instead of just being sponsors.

Edit: I find it ironic that a Fusion Nascar more resembles a Monte Carlo than a real Ford Fusion.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM

Don't get me wrong, the skill and nerve of the drivers is incredible. I don't know of any other sport, where you basically take you life in your hands in order to participate. I love the speed, and as other posts say, "It's much better being there in person".

Somehow to me, the rivalry between the OEM's was a big part of the show.Just like in the marketplace, you have your Chevy / Ford / Dodge fans. This to me was a major part and now, who cares which brand you root for, they are all the same, and the teams that can pay for the best drivers, andafford the besttesting and all the other support items, will always be on top, no matter which OEM supports them.

Don't you think Toyota will come on nowbeingalligned with Gibbs. Thiswon't have anything to do with the Toyota car, just Toyota's money.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM

ur right...i would like to c the manufactures come back into the race as well

Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Good idea Taz. In order for a car to qualify for NASCAR, the OEM's had to build a certain number of them for consumer sale. I don't think the consumer versions should have 800hp engines, but at least some body differences.

I remember I heard something thatwhen the 2000 version of the Monte came out, the wind tunnel numbers on it were so good, NASCAR had to impose another one of their rules, to compensate for all the other cars. Don't know if this is totally true, but GM actually designed the Monte for that purpose......the NASCAR circuit. This may be one of the reasons we have no more Montes. Whats the point, NASCAR has decided to use a clone, so why design or build a car for "Stock Car" racing.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

I don't think the consumer versions should have 800hp engines, but at least some body differences.
Ah man! You're taking the fun out of it now. [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: WHO DISLIKES NASCAR!?!?!?!?!