Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Vents blowing hot and cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Default Vents blowing hot and cold

Hello, I have a 2003 Monte Carlo and in the summer when I have the air on, the driver side blows cold air while passenger side vents blow hot air. It is the flip in the winter, driver side blowing hot air and passenger side cold air. What do you think may be causing this problem?

Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

fishm3at:
Welcome to the forum!
Nice looking Monte! I checked out your garage...

It sounds like a blend door issue... So, I did a little researchthru the forum and found this posting about others having the same issue... Pls feel free to let us know what you found and how you fixed the problem and share it with others that may have the same issue.

Heres the Link ....

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...ht=blend+doors

I hope this helps!
I'm sure someone else may chime in with more thoughts ideas...
Thanks for joining the MCF Family!

Pls feel free to jump in on the conversation in the daily blog!
If only to just say hi !!!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by fishm3at
Hello, I have a 2003 Monte Carlo and in the summer when I have the air on, the driver side blows cold air while passenger side vents blow hot air. It is the flip in the winter, driver side blowing hot air and passenger side cold air. What do you think may be causing this problem?
Wlecome to the mcf! Its a common problem for the blend door motor to go out on these cars (that is if you have dual climate controll)

Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys. I am re committing myself to my Monte and this is one thing on a nice list to restore it to its glory days.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 AM

We had the same thing happen to our '04 intimidator. But, before I went ahead and tried to remove the actuator, I pulled all of the panels below the dash so that I could at least see the actuator on the driver side. Then, I just lightly tapped it with a small piece of metal rod and tried again. Behold, it worked again. Something must have lodged itself in there to stop the vent from working but now we have heat on the driver side too, all ready for winter. Consider myself lucky but hey... I'll take it any day. Beats pulling that actuator out and spending cash to get a new one.