Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Uh, that can't be good

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Default Uh, that can't be good

I decided to go out and check all my fluids today since I got a card in the mail from the dealer telling me it's that time. Tranny fluid, still pink, full. Oil, still purple, full. Coolant, still pink, full. Brake fluid, still whatever color it is, full, Power steering fluid, WTF? Empty! As in bone dry. It turned fine, no whining or anything. There were a few times that I felt it kinda hesitate when turning, but that was when the car wasn't moving, or moving very slow <5mph, now I see why. I promptly filled it to the proper level. I checked under the cap of the radiator for sludge build up and found a tiny bit on the lower edge of the cap and a little bit in the hollow area of the cap. I cleaned it out w/my finger and thought "ah shizzle, better get the flush before the head unit!"

Old 08-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Default RE: Uh, that can't be good

No idea were it went?... it had to go somewhere......

Tj

Old 08-28-2005, 11:39 PM

That's not good at all.....

I need to get mine checked too I guess. Was it a PITA to get to?

Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

No idea were it went?... it had to go somewhere......
Well, this was the first time I ever checked it since I got the car back in May so I have no clue. No leaks or anything under the hood.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:59 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass
Nah, not at all. It's on the top of the engine, left hand side, it's got a steering wheel logo on it. When I last checked all the fluids, I seen it, but couldn't figure out what it was so I left it alone. Then today I was checking them again and was staring at it trying to figure out what it was, when I figured it out I felt like a tool. How could I not know it was a steering wheel?[&:]

Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: montejass
Nah, not at all. It's on the top of the engine, left hand side, it's got a steering wheel logo on it. When I last checked all the fluids, I seen it, but couldn't figure out what it was so I left it alone. Then today I was checking them again and was staring at it trying to figure out what it was, when I figured it out I felt like a tool. How could I not know it was a steering wheel?[&:]
Ahhhhhhh... That's right... Your's is a 3.4L.... Mine is way the hell at the bottom of the engine at the firewall on the PAX side....