Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Turning off your parking/DRL's in a 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Turning off your parking/DRL's in a 6th gen

Ill get pics tomorrow, but ill describe it now. I got a switch and some dual speaker wire. One each housing there are 2 orange lights, both powered by the same wire. So on each side there is a red one that is thinker, it splits into 2 red ones then to the lights.

You cut the larger one and splice it. Then run all of the positives together by the drivers side light, running one of the wires under the hood latch and over. Splice the positives into one line, and negatives into the other.

Then run the wire up inside the fenderwell (i used a stick and wraped the wire around). Run the wire through the door and into the fuse box.

Now here is where you may be scared. Your gonna have to cut a hole for your switch. I used a dremel, mabye you could drill it. Not to hard. You may have to experiment to get the positive and negative wires on the switch right, Pop the switch in ( I put mine right by my trunk button)

Stand back and admire your headlights without the nasty orange. And be glad you can hide way easier now. lol

Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 PM

is there a way to do just the DRL's? cuz i like the look of my car with the fog lights and parking lights on but then when the DRL's come pn and put them stupid lights in the middle on it looks dumb lol i got hid's in my regular lights for night time but during the day i wanna run just the fogs and the parking lights...

Old 04-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't understand the constant want to disable them

For me when a person has them, I can see them better, also it prevents them from doing 6am drives with no lights on, because it's "light enough for them to see"

Well it's not light enough for me to see your stupid *** flying around a turn.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 PM

i turn my headlights on if its too dark but like during the day and such or just before that part when its too dark it looks sweet with just the parking lights and the fog lights on... idk thats just my opinion... my buddy with a gtp can just set his parking brake like 1 click and itll turn off the headlights but wont hit the brakes... ours of course have that cursed dinging... so that isnt an option for me...

Old 04-24-2009, 04:32 PM

cover the light sensor on the dash. I used a small piece of self adhesive felt paper. car will think it is night time and drl's will switch to low beam. now pull out the switch to the parking light setting. parks and tails will be on and you can turn on your fogs if you want to or not. sheet of felt paper at hobby lobby was $1. black felt is hardly noticable on the dash.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I you want to disable them use the same method I described. Just run a switch to the light you dont want, instead of the parking lights.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 PM

i like the felt idea better it seems a little easier and quicker lol i do like the wire idea too but im gunna have to try the felt. how bout some black electrical tape?!? that would work too huh?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

May I recommend this to cover the sensor...

Old 04-25-2009, 03:13 PM

yes! there it is that idea wins! haha lmao

Old 04-26-2009, 12:27 AM

damn that is funny !!! best fix yet. but I might get disracted watching her grASS skirt wiggling and crash into a tree.

Quick Reply: Turning off your parking/DRL's in a 6th gen