Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Turn Signals and Hazard Lights Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Default Turn Signals and Hazard Lights Don't Work

Hey guys, I have a problem. Yesterday my turn signals and hazard lights stopped functioning. Every other function with the signal switch works. i.e. the highbeams and the windshield wipers. . .What is causing these to stop working? I have checked the fuses and all of them are good. The switch itself is good. . .so I'm kinda at a dead end.

Thanks for any help.
Brian

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Turn Signals and Hazard Lights Don't Work

Hmm might be the turn signal relay itself. Isnt it an all in one module for these cars? I know malibus were notorious for having them go out.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Yeah I think they are all connected into one relay. . .do you know where the relay is itself?

Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Pretty sure its the module on the far left where the button is. Its harness comes out of the back with yellow, green, black, and blue wires.. This was on an 06, so Id assume the 00-05 are similar. This is a pic of the top cover of the column removed.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 PM

If you took out the dash lately, make sure you plugged the connector for the hazzard lights back in. Forgot that myself one time.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Yeah and of course you will not notice until the dashboard is fully re-assembled. Lol. And will only realise it after an hour of scratching your head and cursing.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 AM

No I haven't had the dash apart ever. It just went out yesterday when I went to use the turn signals. . .I'll take out the dash and see what I can figure out.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

I know malibus were notorious for having them go out.
'99 to '05 Grand Ams & Aleros are notorious for this problem too.
Mine bit the dust twice. The relay was located behind the hazzard button in the G.A. also. It was too much of a pain in the butt to change myself, so I had the dealership change it for me.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Yeah and of course you will not notice until the dashboard is fully re-assembled. Lol. And will only realise it after an hour of scratching your head and cursing.
You aren't kidding. I was driving around and noticed it, turned right back home. Thankfully it only took 15 min because I just started reripping the dash apart and noticed the cable off.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: monteriderLS

No I haven't had the dash apart ever. It just went out yesterday when I went to use the turn signals. . .I'll take out the dash and see what I can figure out.
Well if you haven't taken the dash apart it doesn't make sense jumping in just yet. I would take off the steering wheel covers and run around with a circuit tester in there. See if it is just a bad switch.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals and Hazard Lights Don't Work