Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Turn Signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Question Turn Signal problem

Hello y'all,
I am having a problem w/ the turn signals on my 2004 Monte Carlo SS. When I use the turn signal it flashes fast, which in the old day meant that you had a bulb out. I have also noticed that when for example I use the left signal,it will flash fast and bright on the outside of the car while the opposite signal is flashing fast and dim. Any ideas?

Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 AM

mine did the same thing, it was a simple wiring issue i took the whole headlamp out and put different colors on each wire to make sure i did not try the same wires twice, after a while of trial and error i fixed it. hope this isnt too late

Old 12-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know you are probably think I'm crazy but you may want to look at the hazard switch.
I bet ive seen a dozen impalas with those symptoms and everytime a new hazard switch fixed it.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:46 PM

I agree with Aerocoupe86. I have seen this on many impalas that I have owned and it was always the hazard switch. Push in and out on the hazard switch quickly several times and see if this will correct it temporarily. If so then you definitely know it is that switch. Good luck.