Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

are TSB's the same as RECALLS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Default are TSB's the same as RECALLS

hi i recently read a post about there being a tsb for the intermediate steering shaft the last time i took my car to the dealer there was a recall on the steering nuckle, and two computer updates. Is there any other tsb's/recalls that have came out for the 07 monte?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM

another thing is that i hear a whine like he was describing in the other post that gets louder as i go faster. i always attributed that to my system having a bad ground somewhere, but if its a bad ac pump, waterpump, ect. i would like to know about it thanks for all feedback

Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM

there is a recall on the ac compressor i had it fixed the first week that i had my car and about two months ago due to the ac lines breaking so they replaced all the lines ac compressonand every thing that is related to the ac. every thing you mentioned i had to replace in a two month time frame due to gm recall on the w body type of vehicle acording to the sevice wrighter. he told me there were a recall on the front wheel brarings as well. i noticed that they replaced them because the ones i had i sort of painted the back side to see if they were going to replace or fool with some thing its tru they replaced them for free as well. i didnt pay for the ac components and power steering components as well as the front wheel bearings

Old 12-08-2009, 11:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

A technical service bulletin is pretty much a heads up to the mechanics on what to look for if a customer comes in complaining about a problem. A recall is a problem that is a possible safety risk and is sent to owners telling them to bring the car to a dealer to have the problem fixed.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 AM

I just pulled up a link on TBS for the 07 Monte Carlo. I was quite surprised and dissappointed to find so many of them listed. I was just starting to relax about my car and now I am very worried about the amount of money and work I will have to invest into this car. It looks likes some complicated items too. I will never get them repaired in the time my warranty will expire.

I did not see any of the items listed by Monte07, do you have another link with this information?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM

when i went in for my intermediat shafts they said there was a recall for the ac. i didnt know there was a problem at the tim it was still pretty cool here in florida at the time i was driving with the widows down majority of the time found out the ac had a recall do to ac pump. thats what they said they did its a new pump with new lines and also wheel bearings do to feeling like the calipers were not disingaged they replaced them under a recall. but im not complaning it seemed that they wanted to make me happy not p.o. at them. but i ended up getting ticked because the same dealer said that the coil pack was fine even though a miss fire. i ended up paying out of pocket on that only 90 dallers dealers price.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs
I just pulled up a link on TBS for the 07 Monte Carlo. I was quite surprised and dissappointed to find so many of them listed. I was just starting to relax about my car and now I am very worried about the amount of money and work I will have to invest into this car. It looks likes some complicated items too. I will never get them repaired in the time my warranty will expire.

I did not see any of the items listed by Monte07, do you have another link with this information?

There is an extensive list for every car...any component used in a car can have a tsb, including fluids. the problem may not b very common on the monte, but another car that uses the same fluid may have a common problem. since the monte uses that fluid as well it gets flagged in the tsb. look up any car and i bet ull find an extensive list

Old 12-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

does anyone have a link to all the above mentioned issues? where can i find this info, please let me know, thanks

Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

call a dealer, if i'' not mistaken go to kbb or aldata

Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
A technical service bulletin is pretty much a heads up to the mechanics on what to look for if a customer comes in complaining about a problem. A recall is a problem that is a possible safety risk and is sent to owners telling them to bring the car to a dealer to have the problem fixed.
100% correct. Also,just because a technical service bulletin exists does not mean your car will develop the issue described in the TSB. There seems to be alot of confusion between what is a recall and what is a TSB. A recall is not only limited to safety related issues either. For example there actually are only 3 recalls ever issued for the 2007 Monte Carlo. Two of the three were just software updates, and the third involved a limited number of 2007 Monte Carlo's that were produced with the incorrect post catalyst oxygen sensor installed. No safety issues involved with any of the three.

Last edited by bowtietech; 12-14-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: are TSB's the same as RECALLS