Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

trouble with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Default trouble with turn signals

Been having a problem with the signals working. My hazard works fine but the signals don't work all the time. Could it be a relay or in the switch itself ?

Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Default RE: trouble with turn signals

By the way I forgot to mention, if I switch the harzards on and off the signals will then work.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:00 AM

Well I think I have answered my own question. After researching this problem over the internet I have found out the turn signals work thru the hazard flasher switch. Replacing the switch should solve the problem.

Now, has anyone replaced their hazard switch? I'm just wondering how hard is it to get the dash panel off.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:03 AM

I dunno, maybe the flasher is going bad

Old 08-29-2005, 11:14 PM

I've heard more lately of this hazard switch being linked to turn signal problems... Do I smell a recall?

Old 08-29-2005, 11:43 PM

That's what I was wondering. After reading several other forums and quotes from Chevy service techs, this seems to be a common problem.

ORIGINAL: montejass

I've heard more lately of this hazard switch being linked to turn signal problems... Do I smell a recall?

Old 08-30-2005, 12:02 AM

seems it should be if it's a widespread problem

Old 08-31-2005, 12:37 AM

I've got the exact same problem with my 2000SS. I thought it was the blinker switch and was going to have that replaced. Its funny, I can turn my signal on and it works, then after a bit turn it on again and it doesn't. Not only that but it will stop somtimes in the middle of it working [:@]!!!!! So the hazard switch needs to be replaced? I wish there was a recall for this if it is an on going thing. Being we are on the subject of "Recalls" what kinds are there for the Monte?

Old 08-31-2005, 05:11 AM

Mine do the same thing. Lately they've been acting fine but I still may get a switch. Found one on a GM parts website for $36. As for recalls I believe there is a 'recall' section on this forum.

ORIGINAL: Rollin

I've got the exact same problem with my 2000SS. I thought it was the blinker switch and was going to have that replaced. Its funny, I can turn my signal on and it works, then after a bit turn it on again and it doesn't. Not only that but it will stop somtimes in the middle of it working [:@]!!!!! So the hazard switch needs to be replaced? I wish there was a recall for this if it is an on going thing. Being we are on the subject of "Recalls" what kinds are there for the Monte?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:53 AM

There is a pretty cool recall section up at the top of this forum. I am sure this problem will kick off a TSB and not a re-call. I am sure they will put it off on the consumer to foot the bill for this one.

Quick Reply: trouble with turn signals